3.04? Update on our next patch

Hey guys/gals,

We are working on our next patch. We have quite a list of issues that we'd like to address in this patch. That being said, feel free to comment below with any issues you think we might miss and/or should definitely fix.

Slap hands

- Sking

P.S. The current plan has us releasing the 3.04 patch Tuesday of next week (11/1).

[Edit: 11/1] Delayed until Thursday 11/3, :(

Total Fixes to Date;

- Engagement is now broken when characters are knocked back

- Personal 'Total Damage Done' no longer comes up as '-Infinity'

- Multiple issues with Glittering Gauntlets

- Fixed the Nav around the adra pillar in Elmshore

- Cape of the Cheat will now be rewarded to base and px1 players 

- Charming all enemies in a combat will no longer reset combat

- Audio cutting out in the End Slides following the White March

- Skeleton Wizard 'Necrotic Lance' set up as a ray

- VFX that start from characters heads (breath weapons, etc..) misaligned

- Korean Loc issue with text getting cut off during Character Creation

- Brighthollow error on transition (this includes Durrance/Hiravius, and Rod of Wind and Thunder issues) Also! This will correct past saves affected by this issue.

- Barbarian, Bash hitting multiple times with Carnage

- Chanter, Ancient Memory no longer deactivates after casting an Invocation

- Cipher, Phantom Foes flanked debuff being removed when the enemy is engaged

- Cipher, Pyschic Backlash hitting the Cipher at the start of combat

- Druid, Fire Stag *Missing gui* in the combat log

- Druid, Infestation of Maggots now does the intended amount of damage per tic

- Fighter, Confident Aim doubling on Save/Load 

- Monk, Torment's Reach no longer procs off every enemy hit

- Priest, Seal spells no longer activate twice

- Priest, Iconic Projection no longer bypasses DR

- Ranger, Twinned Arrow + Driving Flight accuracy issues

- Ranger, Powder Burns now works as intended with DR Penetration

- Wizard, Wall of Draining no longer increases beneficial spells permanently

Bugs fixed during Beta;

- Kraken DR raised from 0 to 8

- Sul attacking her own pride during 'The Old Queen and the New King'

- Cliant Lis traps not functioning

- The Unlabored Blade Firebug proc not functioning

- Breath VFX originating from adventurers hand

- Tooltip for Sabre +20% is missing item mod 468

- Nyry the Deft Hand not granting Cape of the Cheat to base game

- Characters sometimes being stuck in Elmshore adra pillar

- Stun on crit weapon mod duration is unaffected by graze/hit/crit

- Party AI sometimes runs to undiscovered enemies

- Chanter, One Dozen Stood... phrase not reducing Frightened and Terrified

- Fighter, Clear Out causing Blights to stop attacking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[update 1: 8/24] Fixes so far;

- Druid spell 'Fire Stag' *Missing gui* in the combat log

- Skeleton Wizard 'Necrotic Lance' set up as a ray

- VFX that start from characters heads (breath weapons, etc..) misaligned

- Bash hitting multiple times with Carnage

- Cipher 'Pyschic Backlash' hitting the Cipher at the start of combat

- Korean Loc issue with text getting cut off during Character Creation

- Brighthollow error on transition (this includes Durrance/Hiravius, and Rod of Wind and Thunder issues) Also! This will correct past saves affected by this issue.

- Fighter 'Confident Aim' doubling on Save/Load

Note: These are the fixes we have so far, we have a larger list we are still addressing.

[update 2: 8/31] Our Wishlist so far;

- Chanter, Ancient Memory deactivates after casting an Invocation

- The audio cuts out in End Slides following the White March slides

- Ranger -10 accuracy loss every other shot while using Driving Flight and Twinned Arrows

- Iconic Projection bypasses all DR

- Flanked debuff from Phantom Foes is removed when you engage an enemy

- Druid, Infestation of Maggots is not functioning as intended

- Priest seals activating twice

- Engagement not broken by knockback attacks

- Characters do not attack after engaging enemies with longer range than their own

- Multiple issues with Glitter Gauntlets

- Charming an enemy and attacking it resets combat

- Wall of Draining increases the duration of beneficial spells permanently

- Ranger, Power Burns removes the natural DR penetration provided by guns

Note: These are the issue we are considering, some will not get fixed (time, money, etc..) but the majority is our goal. I will be reviewing our forums regularly to add any issues you peeps bring up.

[update 3: 9/12] More Fixes;

- Chanter, Ancient Memory no longer deactivates after casting an Invocation

- Ranger, Twinned Arrow + Driving Flight accuracy issues

- Ranger, Power Burns now works as intended with DR Penetration

- Cipher, Phantom Foes flanked debuff being removed when the enemy is engaged

- Druid, Infestation of Maggots now does the intended amount of damage per tic

- Monk, Torment's Reach no longer procs off every enemy hit

- Priest, Seal spells no longer activate twice

- Priest, Iconic Projection bypasses DR

- Wizard, Wall of Draining no longer increases beneficial spells permanently

- Engagement is now broken when characters are knocked back

- Personal 'Total Damage Done' no longer comes up as '-Infinity'

- Multiple issues with Glittering Gauntlets

- Charming all enemies in a combat will no longer reset combat

- Audio cutting out in the End Slides following the White March

Note: There are still a few more we want to hit. Plus any that get brought to our attention on this thread. Also, thanks to all you peeps that have been helping out.

[update 4: 9/26] Tim Table Update and Balance Change;

- We are about half way through our current test plan for the 3.04 patch, we should be finished by Friday. We will be releasing the Beta on Tuesday of next week. 

- Sabre base damage will drop to 11-16, and it will have a +20% damage mod. They should still take the 'top damage' slot but this change should lower them enough to encourage other options. Let us know what you think during the Beta.

Note: We are looking for lots of feedback during this Beta. There will be amazing, incredible, unbelievable super secret prizes for people who participate. More details on this will be announced soon.

[update 5: 10/17] Bugs to fix before release 'wishlist';

- Sul attacking her own pride during 'The Old Queen and the New King'

- Cliant Lis traps not functioning

- The Unlabored Blade Firebug proc not functioning

- Fighter, Clear Out causing Blights to stop attacking

- Breath VFX originating from adventurers hand

- Paladin, Flames of Devotion becomes unusable after party AI uses it with ranged weapon

- Tooltip for Sabre +20% is missing item mod 468

- Chanter, One Dozen Stood... phrase not reducing Frightened and Terrified

- Nyry the Deft Hand not granting Cape of the Cheat to base game

- Characters sometimes being stuck in Elmshore adra pillar

Note: These are the issues we want to hit before pushing the 3.04 patch live. Anything serious found will/can be added to this list until the release. Let me know!

[update 6: 10/27] Last Beta update;

- Kraken DR is set to 8 from 0

Note: Tuesday (11/1) of next week is the target date for switching the patch from beta to live. Unless something serious comes up over the weekend. 

• Like 20

Pathfinding issues. Ever since beta one or two of my party members will spaz and jitter around indefinitely if the party formation puts them in a spot they don't like. Does this happen so consistently to anyone else? Minor problem since you can just click stop to make them still again but it's highly distracting and everytime I pick up the game every few months I'm a little surprised it hasn't been fixed

• Like 1

There are certainly two bugs I would love to see squashed.

1. Confident Aim being broken is lame, would love to see that patched out finally.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/87873-303-confident-aim-loading-damage-bug/

2. Stuttering dialogue, particularly in the opening prologue, the most repeated material in the whole game, and has existed since launch and every patch. Please keep looking at this one, it has been like an itch I cant scratch through so many restarts.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72428-dialogue-sound-issue-glitch/

Keep up the good work!

Fixing, and if not fixing, clarification in tooltip descriptions of how various accuracy increasing talents/abilities/bonuses affect various skills.

For instance, damage penetration and +accuracy abilities/talents all affect to different extents the various stages of a Kalakoth's Minor Blights hit – from the initial hit, to the Kalakoth AoE, to the blasts that emanate from both. Clarification of how proc on hit affects work with blasts too would be handy (as far as I know blasts can trigger expose vulnerabilities from Golden Gaze – if they can do this why can't they benefit from some accuracy/DR penetration talents?). This may be an issue for driving flight style affects as well - I'm not sure.

Likewise, the accuracy bonus from Survival does not appear to affect the Chanter's enemy targeting chants. There isn't really anything in the camping bonus description that would lead you to believe that this is the case if it is indeed intended behaviour – I think I remember reading that this was something about a hazard AoE. Other sources can increase it to my knowledge ...?

A very big one is the fact that Ancient Memory/Beloved Spirits will cut off permanently for a fight the second a chanter stops chanting, making this ability (which is quite cool) completely useless once you can use invocations frequently.

Also, from the various tooltips in game it's kind of unclear what affect (if any) intellect has on the duration of various summons (or from a design standpoint why this exception to the general rule that intellect affects all durations was made).

You might also considering asking a designer to buff the Chanter's Level 4 phrases and Level 4 and 5 Invocations – they're completely lacklustre other than in kind of gimmicky set ups.

Finally, the last major thing from me is loading times. It might be beyond the resources allocated for patching at Obsidian at this stage but the game becomes sooo sluggish in the final third of the game. If anything could be done to fix this that would be great. Maybe a "sell junk" button that gets rid of all non-enchanted equipment from the player's armor/weapon/shield panes in the stash would help? I'm not sure why it's an issue.

Thanks though for all the post-release support on this game. 

Edited by Livegood118

I would like to petition a buff to Brilliant Radiance, a really weak talent. I made a thread about it too. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88610-brilliant-radiance-is-way-too-weak/

In addition, the Wolf Spiritshift's description mentions a Move Speed increase, but it does not actually provide any at all. Might want to rectify that.

Hi sking!

If i could ask something: please modify some chiper's powers to be castable also on self ( soul shock, pain block, amplified whave).

Secondarly:

Would also be cool if combat does't end immediantly if you for some reason charm/dominate all the mobs or enogh mobs that they attack themself instead of you ( the moment they stop attacking you combat ends and all status resets, so using ringleader for example is often useless: you charm people, they stop attacking, combat ends, they attack you again while you have lost focus and buffs)

Edit: if you could also move the druid's spell "Embrace the Earth-Talon" from lvl 5 to lvl 6.

All the best spells of druid are the lvl 5 ones (rentless storm, plague of insects, earth talon), while lvl 6-7-8 are far less used.

Wizard and Priest fore comparison have a better spell design in wich in every spell lvl there are 1-2 very strong spells, and you usually "consume" all lvls of spells at equal speed. With druid i always empty lvl 5 after 1-2 fights, while other lvls are still full.

Thks for the support!

Edited by Dr <3

Good job on buffing Rogues and Barbarians in the last patch! This was very much needed and thank you for doing it! Below is my wishlist for the next one.

I second the idea that combat should not end if you've charmed all enemies. It does make the Ringleader ability very useless. The Druid has similar problems with his animal-taming skills.

For that same reason, a solo Chanter cannot let his enemies lose focus on him by kiting them outside their aggro range (which is normally the only way to get through PotD solo), because that will make him lose all his Phrases. I wish that combat would last a few seconds longer than it normally does, or alternatively, that Ciphers and Chanters retain their Focus and Phrases for a few seconds after combat has ended.

The dialogue popup in the main hall of Caed Nua, where the Steward greets you, will immediately break your stealth. This makes it impossible to sneak past the lethal Phantoms that spawn there, and makes that area a nightmare for solo characters, requiring use of the the Bronze Horn, exploiting dodgy enemy pathfinding, having a ranged weapon and an incredible amount of luck. Could you make it so that dialogue does not break your stealth? Alternatively, could you reduce the trigger zone for that dialogue so that it does not appear unless you approach the throne?

Similarly, the dialogue popup with Tenfrith where he drops his spoon will appear as soon as you enter combat with his captors, and break your Stealth. This will whiff any Backstabs you would normally have got on them as a Rogue, even if you managed to sneak up on them undetected. Could you make the dialogue only pop up if you approach them in an unstealthy manner?

When you first come to the Valewood, if you aggro the Outlaw and subsequently Tenfrith's captors, and then kill them all, Tenfrith will greet you as usual. But, when you later visit Pasca in the Black Hound inn, she will never thank you for rescuing Tenfrith. You do get the quest experience though. This does not happen if you get the pop-up dialogue where Tenfrith drops his spoon, in that case Pasca will recognize that you saved him.

Please let us place more than one trap at a time, or make traps stronger based on your Mechanics skill. Traps are currently vendor trash, and have practically no effect in PotD.

Let us drink Beer in combat, and drink potions out of combat. I understand that letting you cast spells and read scrolls out of combat makes the enemies too easy to kite, but I really don't see the harm in letting you drink, say, a potion of Bulwark against the Elements to survive a trap-infested corridor. Currently that's not possible unless you're in combat.

The two villagers in Anslög's Compass are not marked as Allies, so for example Aloth will happily skewer them with his Ghost Blades, whereupon they will aggro you. Usually in these cases (Tenfrith, the villager who gets attacked by wolves in Magran's Fork, etc) the innocents are Allies and the aggressors are Enemies, and there is nothing in their dialogue that would indicate they are not friendly to you.

Make Bloody Slaughter activate when enemies are <20% health (when their tooltip says "Almost Dead"), up from the current <10% health.

Edited by Staehrminator
  • Like 2

The premature end of effects like stunned, prone or other disablers if inflicted again is still in the game or?

And the teleporting(digging) (stone) beetles which can move while paused too.

Also from what i remember from the bug forums the queuing system is quite a mess and can be abused to skip recovery times or glitch/skip over queued actions.

Edited by Xaratas
  • Like 2

Jittery artwork (background). The terrain [the characters walk on] can violently be ripped apart sometimes. Usually the top 1/3 clashing against the bottom 2/3 of the screen.

Hidden and secret walls/doorways/area Jitter and shake too; confirming there's a secret beyond

Can click beyond a wall to confirm there's a secret area (if the cursor remains a Move To pointer, you know)

Some voice over audio has the first 2 - 3 seconds cut off (total random unfortunately)

• Like 1

I don't know if I am the only one, but I'm a Mac player and the capes still aren't visible on my character or the NPCs. 

No one expected the Death Godlike to save the day #DeathDwarf#DeathWatcher#OnceuponaDwarf

"A drink for every person that heard I was a cipher and thought he must be an orlan." #Aptapo#CipherDwarf

Confident Aim bug should be the top priority.

For game balance, well... Maybe a slight level 7 druid rebalance ? Remove the useless black oozes from call of the Primordials would be just enough, add maybe add 5-10s to Weather the Storm duration ?

But maybe balance patches are over, and I think it was very satisfying overall. So just fight the bugs !

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

For balance changes I would like some love for rogue archetypes besides full-DPS rogue we have now.

For example high burst low sustained-DPS rogue focused around Backstab. Right now the only burst rogue has is 2 attacks of Backstab, Envenomed strike and Sap. And neither of these tools are even relatevely near dualwield+crit full attack setup. Make these skills have additional effect or have plain better damage if rogue uses 1 1-handed weapon and nothing in other hand. Make shadowstep enable backstab on every hit during it (no invisibility, just backstab enabler) and reset on kill during it if used with 1 1-handed weapon.

The same with Riposte Rogue. Riposte lacks synergetic enviroment to have a build centered around it.

Oh, and Shadowstep bugfix of course - the one that makes it become modal and glitch the cursor.

Edited by Arddv

Visions and Biography.

Biography worked during the prologue. Afterwards it never recorded again until a couple of weeks ago. I'm about to start Act 3, I believe (going to the animancy hearings after talking to Lady Webb), so now I have a lot of biography info missing between the prologue and sometime of gameplay before the current point of the game I'm in. Also, only two recent visions regarding the latest quests I've completed, nothing else before that.

Maybe this is a hard thing to fix without having to restart the game, but I would really like to "unlock" all the missing entries in my current playthrough because I feel it breaks the immersion to have these "holes" in the journal.

In a game where the story and the character development are so important (and arguably the main qualities) such an issue should really not exist.

Other than that, there's the Psychic Backlash bug, which I think is already being looked at.

Oh, and some audio issues, like background audio playing when it's not supposed to. For me, just outside the Stronghold's main hall, there's the audio of the mobs (from a quest early in Act 2) still playing, even with no mob there anymore. Can't remember if I've seen anyone else complaining about this, but it's really annoying (also kinda breaks the immersion everytime I visit the stronghold :( ).

Fixing the overall sound cutting out when too many instances of Torment's Reach's sound FX are played simultaneously would be nice (might affect other abilities' sound FX as well?):

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88470-303-sound-issues-with-torments-reach-hitting-multiple-foes/

As would be a fix to some of the ending slides glitching out (discrepancies between what the VO says and what the text on certain slides reads), on me at least:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88504-303-ending-slides-issues/

Please focus on bug fixing.  Torment's reach, confident aim, Iconic projection, ancient memory turning off by invocation, there are many balance breaking bugs in the game right now.

And don't forget draining wall, it's completely messed up right now, nearly game breaking by itself considering how bad my FPS dies once a few people walk through it.

I don't know this is bug or not, but... - Maneha cut voice acting in half

This happens a lot of times with different companions.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85015-voice-over-dialog-in-shreds/?p=1784392

Also I would like to remind about "injured" issue:

1. Play on normal.

2. Change to story time.

3. Change back to normal.

4. Profit.... uh, I mean some NPC's are injured.

Edit: Mebee moar portraits, plz?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

My wishlist:

EDIT: Some other issues that have already been mentioned would also make my wishlist, by I figured I wouldn't repeat what other people have already said.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Minor (and very easily to fix?) bug with the scripted "grappling hook" interaction on the Abbey of the Fallen Moon map:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77064-translation-errors-missing-translations-english/?p=1789354

Another, probably very easily to fix bug with the scripted "panel puzzle" interaction on the Halls of Silence map:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77064-translation-errors-missing-translations-english/?p=1792705

Couple minor issues related to the ingame hyperlink system:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77064-translation-errors-missing-translations-english/?p=1797424

And if you maybe could spare a few minutes to correct some of the voice over-text mismatches (and other related minor issues) here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77064-translation-errors-missing-translations-english/page-7

Edited by desel

Focus on the bug fixing, I'd say. Some more for the list, with links to corresponding Tech forum threads for description:

- Ancient Memory / Beloved Spirits breaking off when you stop chanting (I'd say strip the duration and "once per encounter" parameter, should still be balanced enough)

- Stun on crit weapon effects themselves always getting crit duration (very simple fix, see thread)

- Triggered AOE / pulse AOE effects getting modified by concurrent special attacks like rogue Strikes and Knockdown (eg. Consecrated Ground, Black Path)

- Skeletal Wizard Necrotic Lance bug

- Carnage with Bash shield triggering a second Bash hit (+ Carnage)

- Invisibility bug, and particularly the adjacent bug of Backstab not working when using special attack from Invisibility

- Backstab + Strike ability with dual-wielding only gets the Backstab on the second attack, not the first

- Some stronger Oozes getting +10 to minimum received DR-adjusted damage (potentially increasing DR-adjusted damage beyond the pre-DR damage amount 

- Infestation of Maggots referencing lost Health rather than lost Endurance and consequently doing very little damage

- Vital Essence giving far more Health than described, giving the Health boost permanently, and having incorrect descriptions (Potion and Spell don't match)

- Trap accuracy penalties (and bonuses) are twice as large as described; Poison Dart trap has +41 ACC on top of that.

- Invisible buttons, for example on exit confirmation

- Iconic Projection occasionally hitting multiple times; also Torment's Reach consistently hitting multiple times (same thread, and here), though that is an unrelated bug despite somewhat similar manifestation

- Charm effects ending early

- Minoletta's Minor Missiles scroll does more base damage than Wizard spell

- Mirrored Image spell/potion description says +25 Deflection, but gives +30 (initially)

- Area of Effect bonus from Intellect is bonus to AOE radius, whereas other Area of Effect bonuses (eg. Voice of the Mountaintop) give the bonus to AOE area, which is unclear and makes the latter quite underwhelming (eg. the +20% area from Voice is worth +9.5% radius, equivalent to about 1.6 points of INT)

(- Also Confident Aim and Psychic Backlash, but I believe those are already fixed)

Edited by Loren Tyr
  • Like 9

Has the Monk's issue with Transcendent Suffering triggering multiple cone AoEs been mentioned already? That's also a pretty big deal; I'm on my smartphone now though so can't fetch the link.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Has the Monk's issue with Transcendent Suffering triggering multiple cone AoEs been mentioned already? That's also a pretty big deal; I'm on my smartphone now though so can't fetch the link.

Torment's Reach actually (Transcendent Suffering is the +X unarmed damage talent). I have that one in my list somewhere.

• Like 1