The US Election 2016, Part IV

Rosbjerg

But I'm glad Prism is now revealed, it should be used to address domestic terrorist attacks from home grown terrorism

Wait a second...didn't the Obsidian think tank determine that PRISM is useless and you have a better chance getting hit by a booger flicked by a Bigfoot than you do catching a mook with PRISM?

Indeed there was  rejection of Prism because of the concern of private data being scanned ....and I assume people are worried normal law abiding citizens will get harrassed by the federal government. But I dont think the functionality or effectiveness was questioned ?

As I mentioned last time this would be no issue for me because Prism would be used to track and find people who would be considered terrorists ...so the majority of Americans would never even know about Prism

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

But I'm glad Prism is now revealed, it should be used to address domestic terrorist attacks from home grown terrorism

Wait a second...didn't the Obsidian think tank determine that PRISM is useless and you have a better chance getting hit by a booger flicked by a Bigfoot than you do catching a mook with PRISM?

Gfted1 are you prepared to share who you are voting for and if you dont want to I understand but how do you feel about the state of the US political arena at the moment ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As I mentioned last time this would be no issue for me because Prism would be used to track and find people who would be considered terrorists ...so the majority of Americans would never even know about Prism

Until the day comes they decide YOU are the terrorist: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/16/napolitano-stands-rightwing-extremism/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Gfted1 are you prepared to share who you are voting for and if you dont want to I understand but how do you feel about the state of the US political arena at the moment ?

I don't vote, in this or any other election, because I cant be arsed. Our current political arena is a dumpster fire between two candidate that are ill qualified for the position of POTUS. Imo.

• Like 1

Yeah, only the most psychotic ever join the military. Bastards!

To be serious, I believe our boys and girls in uniform deserve an immense amount of respect. I don't put up a shrine to them and, frankly, I don't think most of them want that. They want a firm handshake and a sincere thank you. If one of them commits a crime, the rest are content to see it punished. If they pay into the G.I. bill, they expect to have funds available for college. All that seems perfectly reasonable. I don't think they want to be worshipped, they just don't want someone to claim that just because they volunteered to serve their country that they are somehow marked as violent or extreme. Frankly, attacks on the police and the military in this country makes for bad politics. Sure, use it to gin up the base with some red meat, but if you're seen as genuinely anti-cop or military, it will haunt you come election. Not because of the numbers of military and police voting, but because the military and police are still two of the most respected institutions in this country by the mass. ...And by the mass their hearts are in the trim (to steal from the bard for effect).

I don't vote, in this or any other election, because I cant be arsed. Our current political arena is a dumpster fire between two candidate that are ill qualified for the position of POTUS. Imo.

For shame, you swine! I did get a kick out of the dumpster fire comment, though. Edited by Hastur

Apparently Trump just asked Putin for help with Clinton's emails, during a press conference. We're not in Kansas anymore?

Hilarious.

Snowden actually commented and stated that if Russia were responsible, the US government would know and it wouldn't be "speculation," suggesting (big surprise) Russia isn't behind this. Trump believing the very media rigged in Hillary's favor is priceless though.

An aside, but the faith in Snowden's anything is sort of funny.

Please explain what reason anyone has to distrust anything said by Snowden. The man got in trouble because he showed integrity and transparency when the government did not.

Well for example your example from him. Also for some, granted the scum on reddit, he is like a god when it comes to anything on security yet Scheier is a nobody.

Not quite sure he has shown transparency. Mostly as what does he have to be transparent about.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

13631429_10154955679949240_4483670682503

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I dunno. I feel the need for that just from meeting one. :p

Anarchists who want police protection from their slaves. :)

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gary Johnson is now at 13% in two if the five major polls and appears to be a 3% favorite over Trump with active duty military: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/288546-poll-libertarian-johnson-beating-trump-clinton-among-active-duty-troops

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

How much does Johnson need to enter the presidential debates?

15%

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Apparently Trump just asked Putin for help with Clinton's emails, during a press conference. We're not in Kansas anymore?

Hilarious.

Snowden actually commented and stated that if Russia were responsible, the US government would know and it wouldn't be "speculation," suggesting (big surprise) Russia isn't behind this. Trump believing the very media rigged in Hillary's favor is priceless though.

Please explain what reason anyone has to distrust anything said by Snowden. The man got in trouble because he showed integrity and transparency when the government did not.

Well for example your example from him. Also for some, granted the scum on reddit, he is like a god when it comes to anything on security yet Scheier is a nobody.

Not quite sure he has shown transparency. Mostly as what does he have to be transparent about.

Whether you agree or disagree with his actions does not give cause for not trusting him at his word. You've not named an example not to trust him beyond "when he was entrusted with withholding information that the American public knew nothing of and would be upset about if they knew, he told them." That? That's a very particular type of trust that was broken, and by no means representative of a bold-faced liar.

In other news, Jane Sanders gives great insight to what she and Bernie were aiming for and thinking as they endorsed Hillary.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hilarious.

Whether you agree or disagree with his actions does not give cause for not trusting him at his word. You've not named an example not to trust him beyond "when he was entrusted with withholding information that the American public knew nothing of and would be upset about if they knew, he told them." That? That's a very particular type of trust that was broken, and by no means representative of a bold-faced liar.

Snowden is presently being sheltered from prosecution in the U.S. by the Russian government.  On matters related to Russo-American counter-intelligence, he's right behind Putin on the list of folks who I would trust least. 

• Like 2

Hilarious.

In other news, Jane Sanders gives great insight to what she and Bernie were aiming for and thinking as they endorsed Hillary.

Not quite sure I need a reason to 'not' trust anyone. But as I've mentioned already, it's him being treated as an authority on things I'm not quite sure he is due.

"Please explain what reason anyone has to distrust anything said by Snowden. The man got in trouble because he showed integrity and transparency when the government did not."

the same Snowden who went running to Russia? The same Russia the demos are now claiming are trying to sabotage the US election? CUTE.

Snowden has no integrity because he has no morals. You don't whine about someone being a lair and untrusty and playings ecre spy games... then go  to Russia and defend them while  begging for their help while feeding them  info. L0L

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Why is it so difficult for people to figure out?

Snowden partook in an act of betrayal only to counter what was already an act of betrayal by the US government against the American people. That Snowden is in Russia is one of neccesity, and we have zero evidence that he's attempting to terrorize the US while adamantly working for Putin or something. I really don't know what to say to the above three posts because a lot of it is "RUSSIA BAD, BETRAYAL BAD." Look at the context, look at the circumstances. Do I like Putin? Absolutely not. Does that mean his moves are always bad? No, and he's beside the point because AGAIN, none of you have any proof he's of any relevance to this discussion, as there's both zero evidence he's involved with Assange and zero evidence Snowden is doing anything to harm the USA via Russia.

If you don't trust him, you don't trust him. Everyone has their gut they follows. All the same, I find it strange that none of you can name a reason to distrust him beyond "he's in russia." Yeah, and Assange is stuck in an embassy, because he cannot go anywhere else. For Snowden, Russia is the safest place that he personally can reside.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I would be more likely to admire and trust Manning, the traitorous bastard that he was to betray his country's secrets. I would completely agree with you about Snowden and would probably (and comments like these are not idle forum statements) have contributed to his defense had he stayed in the US. I thought long and hard about what he did and what it meant, but the bottom line is he fled his country like a coward. If he had stayed, he might be in prison, but there are things more important than personal freedom. There are things more important than your life. Ask any poor bastard who's put on the uniform of his country and marched into enemy fire, or those cops who put their bodies on top of the mother and her children in Dallas, or the crazy assed French mom and dad who gave their kid all of the water they had so he lived while they died of heatstroke. I could have admired Snowden, and I would have called him a patriot and a hero, but fleeing to the Soviet Union besmirched his good name. All things are forgiven in time, and I have no personal animosity towards him, but forgiveness doesn't mean trust, and I neither trust him nor do I believe he has claim to the title of hero.

"Why is it so difficult for people to figure out?

Snowden partook in an act of betrayal only to counter what was already an act of betrayal by the US government against the American people. That Snowden is in Russia is one of neccesity, and we have zero evidence that he's attempting to terrorize the US while adamantly working for Putin or something. I really don't know what to say to the above three posts because a lot of it is "RUSSIA BAD, BETRAYAL BAD." Look at the context, look at the circumstances. Do I like Putin? Absolutely not. Does that mean his moves are always bad? No, and he's beside the point because AGAIN, none of you have any proof he's of any relevance to this discussion, as there's both zero evidence he's involved with Assange and zero evidence Snowden is doing anything to harm the USA via Russia.

If you don't trust him, you don't trust him. Everyone has their gut they follows. All the same, I find it strange that none of you can name a reason to distrust him beyond "he's in russia." Yeah, and Assange is stuck in an embassy, because he cannot go anywhere else. For Snowden, Russia is the safest place that he personally can reside."

The problem is Snowden claims he  did what he did because people 'have thje right to know'; when the govt'  is doing  secretive and uncool things behind their back. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT RUSSIA AND PUTIN IS KNOWN TO DO REPEATEDLY. Yet, Snowden rushes all the way there. Now, why? Because Russia is the symbol of purity? I bet he made a deal with them to give them  secret info to use against the US. I bet he is the one who gave Russia their intel on Hillary and the  DNC. LMAO

It is like me saying murdering is wrong and person a is bad... but I tunr around and support person b who also a murderer. WUT?

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, it's not like the US revoked his travel documents or forced down the President of Bolivia's plane thinking he was on it or anything like that. Snowden's in Russia because he literally cannot go anywhere else.

Please desist with the falsities and commence with the verities.

SNOWDEN = HERO, FACT.

(plus he was employed by the NSA and its subcontractors as a sysadmin, he knows plenty enough about security to be an expert. Irrelevant anyway, since you don't need to be an expert to know that the DNC/ Hillary's security was utter crap, by their own story at least two hacking groups were in the DNC server, for a year.)

Snowden's a cuck tbh

His girlfriend's a prima ballerina while yours needs inflation. So who's the real cuck?

Answer: everyone who gets sucked in by Bruce's trolling. But especially those who say he's a troll then reply anyway.

Edited by Zoraptor

Snowden has to look at the current presidential race and regret giving up his entire life to shine a light on stuff like Prism.  Has it made a difference?  We all know what Clinton will do, and Trump seems likely to ramp it up. 

• Like 1

The irony of this is too much. The Democrats are accusing the Russians of interfering with a US election for revealing that the Democrats were interfering with a US Election. 

Did we wake up in the Twilight Zone or what?

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Looks like a Hillary victory will be f-----g expensive! That cap in itemized deductions would hit me. 

http://www.atr.org/full-list-hillary-s-planned-tax-hikes

Thomas Sowell