US Election 2016, part III

Pidesco

I hate to take joy in the unhappiness at the Democratic convention, but you can't help but feel it's just desserts for the way they acted about the "chaotic" Republican convention. Politics is politics, but it's absolutely remarkable to see the out and animosity in there. The protests aren't just on the outside of those doors.

I hate to take joy in the unhappiness at the Democratic convention, but you can't help but feel it's just desserts for the way they acted about the "chaotic" Republican convention. Politics is politics, but it's absolutely remarkable to see the out and animosity in there. The protests aren't just on the outside of those doors.

If you want to watch the Democratic convention, they stream it here live.

Pattern thusfar is just if someone says let's elect Hillary then they get boo'ed, and all the speakers - Hillary and Bernie supporters - are pretty self-absorbed. Personally I just wanna see Bernie speak, Hillary speak, and perhaps a couple reactions to names implicated in the emails. And of course, I pray something actually comes of all the corruption.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

It's a joke.

Like I'm sorry if I'm getting spammy in this thread, but this entire thing is a giant joke. I guess I need to start editing one post in particular to save these clips cause wtf these awkward cringeworthy moments where they fail to acknowledge the audience just keep coming.

EDIT: I knew the inflections of that guy's speech patterns sounded familiar.

EDIT 2: Ladies and gentlemen, democracy at it's finest.

EDIT 3: Thanks Grandma, I knew you had our backs. (I can link to a vid with swearing right? here's your warning of some bad grown-up words)

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Looks like you guys in US having blast this season, better than Game of Thrones. Was it always like this?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

There is usually drama but this year is unusual.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Looks like you guys in US having blast this season, better than Game of Thrones. Was it always like this?

If anything, our elections are now taking note from Game of Thrones for this year:

-They got rid of all the likeable characters and kept all the jerks

-Some characters have ridiculous wardrobes, like Trump and Margaery.

-People are chanting "Shame! Shame!"

-Everyone is hoping Bernie Sanders isn't really gone, just like Jon Snow

-Amidst all of the politics, we forget the impending threat of Climate Change (the White Walkers)

I could go on. Cmon USA, get some original writers.

Edited by Longknife

so Hilary = Cersei and Little Finger is Trump? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

so Hilary = Cersei and Little Finger is Trump? :)

Hillary ain't that hot and Trump isn't quiet enough. Hillary is that grandma whose got the gay grandson and thronedigger granddaughter and Trump is dany's brother who liked gold.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

GiantMeteor2016_zps74ssx2ws.jpg

5qle5EC.png

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Trump is Barney Fife and Clinton is Mr. Burns. Looks like Dems are calling on Bernie to cool the Bern.

Problem is that I don't think he can. He always said the movement was bigger than him anyway

I don't think there is anything that can be done at this point because I doubt Hillary will concede anything else and a lot of people may not settle for anything less than a Bernie nomination. I figure that most of the people who would listen to him and support Clinton are already doing so and the rest while not actively supporting Trump don't feel that him winning would be the end of the world

If Trump wins they get another shot in 4 years and if not then who knows when they'll get another chance to run a Sanders type candidate

Just my drunken 2 cents

Free games updated 3/4/21

nrkLFUX.png

Well at least Sanders is being a trooper.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

That's true. Another name for that is sell out. I sympathize with Sander's predicament, but he always said his movement is more than him. The Sanders supporters need to ask themselves, "Do we hate Trump so much that we're willing to back the candidate who embodies the political machinery we've stated we hate in politics today." Sure, most of them will. Perhaps a huge number, but I think Hillary will fall short of the 90% stated support she had before this whole thing broke out. It's hard for folks to deny the essential flaw in her character, namely corruption.

Sanders is clearly settling for what concessions he can get on the front end in lieu of the chance for real long term organizational change.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4umz96/we_are_closing_rsandersforpresident/

Stuff like that is amazing to me. Like this attitude...what will it accomplish?

The fact of the matter is that look, even if you give Bernie every benefit of the doubt and wish to respect his wishes and follow through with Hillary, we have actual evidence that multiple bodies within the DNC and the Clinton campaign have little to no respect for the American people and for voters that go against their wishes. Closing a subreddit that allows for discussion against Bernie's wishes does not calm people or make the situation improve, it just agitates them even more, especially since yes, there HAS been evidence of censorship in other corners of the internet, so even if you're sincere that the goal is not censorship, again good luck getting people to believe you.

Edited by Longknife

That's true. Another name for that is sell out. I sympathize with Sander's predicament, but he always said his movement is more than him. The Sanders supporters need to ask themselves, "Do we hate Trump so much that we're willing to back the candidate who embodies the political machinery we've stated we hate in politics today." Sure, most of them will. Perhaps a huge number, but I think Hillary will fall short of the 90% stated support she had before this whole thing broke out. It's hard for folks to deny the essential flaw in her character, namely corruption.

Sanders is clearly settling for what concessions he can get on the front end in lieu of the chance for real long term organizational change.

Real and lasting change also kind of starts at home. Want viable alternatives to the Democrats and the Republicans? Stop electing the incumbent State Representatives and Senators at a whopping 95% rate.

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4umz96/we_are_closing_rsandersforpresident/

Stuff like that is amazing to me. Like this attitude...what will it accomplish?

The fact of the matter is that look, even if you give Bernie every benefit of the doubt and wish to respect his wishes and follow through with Hillary, we have actual evidence that multiple bodies within the DNC and the Clinton campaign have little to no respect for the American people and for voters that go against their wishes. Closing a subreddit that allows for discussion against Bernie's wishes does not calm people or make the situation improve, it just agitates them even more, especially since yes, there HAS been evidence of censorship in other corners of the internet, so even if you're sincere that the goal is not censorship, again good luck getting people to believe you.

Connect the dots:

We know Correct the Record has employed paid internet trolls/shills.

We know the Bernie campaign has been infiltrated by pro-Hillary moles (although not to which extent).

Now, at the most critical point, the huge SFP subreddit is shut down by a moderator accused of being pro-Hillary, at the urging of posters in the "EnoughSandersSpam" subreddit:

yz68QGw.png

Now, early on there were a lot of crazy theories that Trump was a Clinton plant. Considering the recent turn of events, the opposite is starting to seem more realistic. Hillary making DWS a "honorary chair" of her presidential campaign after she was forced to resign from the DNC for being biased in favour of Clinton is just a joke. At this point, the Clinton campaign is just ****ting in the face of Sanders supporters.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Sanders is really eating all the **** they're dishing out and liking it as if its chocolate mousse.

"Clinton will make a great president"

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/techtank/posts/2016/07/25-what-does-us-know-russia-dnc-hack-hennessey?utm_campaign=Brookings+Brief&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=32073053&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--XxRZ5il5E44YA925pKUYZ-h9E4egvgjLeO4_UIQmQaSwI797Yq9EOo1y-rKesHys5ChwYYEzwg_8gPMvaqgFIoNMygQ&_hsmi=32073053

More information about Russian interference in the US election, the part below I find particularly interesting

The leaked DNC emails have already cost Debbie Wasserman Schultz her chairmanship of the DNC. Julian Assange threatened in a June interview that the leaks would lead to Hillary Clinton’s arrest. There is certainly nothing close to that in this batch of emails, and there is reason to doubt the validity of Assange’s claim; he has wildly exaggerated about the content of leaks in the past and there are strategic reasons to lead major leaks with the most damaging information. But we are almost certain to see a number of leaks aimed at damaging Hillary Clinton over the coming weeks and months.

This means, put simply, that actors outside the U.S. are using criminal means to influence the outcome of a U.S. election. That’s a problem.

The question before us now is how to construct a response to mitigate damage to our democratic institutions.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela