US Election 2016, part III

Pidesco

So lets see. CNN, MSNBC, the Clinton Campaign and the DNC are colluding to spread false information about Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. It's bad enough that the head of the DNC resigns in disgrace (for what that's worth) and she will be replaced with Donna Brazile, a political analyst from CNN. OK, that will just fix everything I'm sure!

Zor is right, this is beyond absurd. Like he said if you wrote a novel with this plot-line the publisher would laugh you out of his office!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well the Green Party convention is in Houston in a week, maybe I'll go to that and report here so GD won't be the only guy here running at windmills. Assuming I don't get distracted by a switch who is into spanking.

“When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness, and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!”

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So lets see. CNN, MSNBC, the Clinton Campaign and the DNC are colluding to spread false information about Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. It's bad enough that the head of the DNC resigns in disgrace (for what that's worth) and she will be replaced with Donna Brazile, a political analyst from CNN. OK, that will just fix everything I'm sure!

Zor is right, this is beyond absurd. Like he said if you wrote a novel with this plot-line the publisher would laugh you out of his office!

Whats wrong with Donna  Brazile? She has an  illustrious and proud history of political service, she worked for the Al Gore campaign in 2000..she is very professional and will be an asset to the DNC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Brazile

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/america-would-be-trumps-banana-republic/2016/07/21/f652820a-4f57-11e6-a422-83ab49ed5e6a_story.html

Here some interesting insights into the Republican Convention and Trumps general comments and views

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Two things:

1) Why you guys are more concerned about if Russia is behind the leaks amidst evidence of the DNC promising federal positions to top level donors is beyond me. You guys are legit prioritizing speculation over something we have evidence for. What's more...? If Hitler pointed out "oh btw Richard Nixon is a crook," that does not change that Nixon is a crook. Russia has a direct interest in highlight that American politics are rigged for a number of reasons, and doing so =/= "we really want Trump as President so we can nuke you" or whatever wild speculation people may have. What's more...? Guccifer2.0 (the Romanian hacker) took credit for it all on his twitter, though again I dunno why people care about the source so much amidst the implications of the email itself.

2) To say Donna Brazile is a great choice is blatantly missing the issue. CNN was implicated in the emails, as was Donna Brazile herself. Lemme get this straight: the emails suggest that CNN, MSNBC, TIME magazine and a couple select others are all taking orders from the DNC, the DNC is heavily favoring Hillary Clinton in a way it promises not to be, and then come news of the emails, DWS joins Hillary Clinton's campaign, Brazile moves from CNN and her experience with Al Gore - Clinton's former Vice - to become the new DNC chairwoman, and this is ok...? No, this is exactly what the problem is.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Is anyone actually surprised about the content of the leaks? Does anyone actually think that the Republican or the Democratic parties used to function differently at one point?  The difference between Nixon and any other President isn't that he was corrupt, it's just that he was the one who was caught.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well the Green Party convention is in Houston in a week, maybe I'll go to that and report here so GD won't be the only guy here running at windmills. Assuming I don't get distracted by a switch who is into spanking.

“When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness, and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!”

"I once got so drunk I woke up in a bathtub next to a girl I had Microeconomics with. She looked so beautiful with her smeared makeup and the smell of vodka and pineapple was pleasant. I have never felt such love for anyone since." -KP

I don't like quotes because the ones I usually post are obscene.

Is anyone actually surprised about the content of the leaks? Does anyone actually think that the Republican or the Democratic used to function differently at one point?  The difference between Nixon and any other President isn't that he was corrupt, it's just that he was the one who was caught.

Yes, in the sense that it's even more blatant about how corrupt they are. At least try to not look like a piece of **** and all that.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Well what exactly can Brazile do now? Clinton already has it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"I once got so drunk I woke up in a bathtub next to a girl I had Microeconomics with. She looked so beautiful with her smeared makeup and the smell of vodka and pineapple was pleasant. I have never felt such love for anyone since." -KP

Is anyone actually surprised about the content of the leaks? Does anyone actually think that the Republican or the Democratic used to function differently at one point?  The difference between Nixon and any other President isn't that he was corrupt, it's just that he was the one who was caught.

Yes, in the sense that it's even more blatant about how corrupt they are. At least try to not look like a piece of **** and all that.

Well, yeah, I guess that's surprising. One would think they'd be more competent about hiding this stuff.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Exactly, it's common ****ing courtesy to at least pretend you aren't corrupt. And really, the issue is this:

I have long assumed that if the Democratic primary was rigged, they plan to rig the general election as well, right? After all, if these are imaginary voters for Clinton, then it's important to understand they're imaginary. If they expect imaginary voters in the Democratic primary to spark actual real voters in the general election, they're insane. They're believing their own lie, more or less. So the logical conclusion is one must rig the general as well.

But now people are super alert, now people are highly suspicious. Good luck doing so when the public are on their toes. Rigging a democratic primary and rigging a general election are not the same thing. Amongst democrats the bias is not expected, but amongst a general election, of course there's watch dogs from both sides. While I've seen it suggested that for example the Republicans may have the same big money donors backing them, they still have an interest to save face in public and to advance their own personal positions by being the guy that spoke out against Clinton. Make enough noise? You become the guy that gets the bribe money, not Clinton.

The purpose to all of the overwhelming evidence is that Clinton simply isn't electable. There is currently so much political gain in simply opposing her, to the point someone is bound to do it. FOX News is already doing it, I promise you Republicans in Congress will do it, and Wikileaks still has information they haven't leaked yet. While we all suspected corruption, this level of transparency with the corruption is something else, because it just absolutely diminishes her electability, and even if they were to forge millions of votes for the general election, they're kidding themselves if they think there would not be public outrage. People have already been boo'ed during their speeches at the DNC, and it's barely started.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-dismantling-of-dnc-is-clear-attack-by-putin-on-clinton/

I look forward to the Russians releasing the e-mails Clinton deleted from her server. Russia - keeping the FBI honest for almost a century.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Whats wrong with Donna  Brazile? She has an  illustrious and proud history of political service, she worked for the Al Gore campaign in 2000..she is very professional and will be an asset to the DNC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Brazile

The DNC was colluding with CNN to LIE about Sanders and now the new head of the DNC is from CNN? Optics Bruce. Optics.

Thomas Sowell

:lol:  Well mine was from Don Quixote. It seemed appropriate since it matched what you said and you made reference to it. 

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Guccifer (original) who hacked Hillary's emails was Romanian, Guccifer 2.0 is ??? though he claims not to be russian. They're separate people.

Which is probably why Finland's delegates are constantly invited to Nato's summits and why we have increasing number of military exercises with USA and other Nato countries. Although I personally would prefer if we (Finland) would distance itself from Nato and increase our own defense forces. So Trump becoming president would actually help my own political agenda as it would undermine our Nato supporters claims that we can decrease our defense forces if we join in Nato.

Sweden and Finland have been 2 years from joining NATO since 1989. And Sweden is not even slightly neutral already, NATO membership would just formalise things. The big eastwards push was meant to be Georgia and Ukraine, and they both now have active territorial disputes.

Guccifer (original) who hacked Hillary's emails was Romanian, Guccifer 2.0 is ??? though he claims not to be russian. They're separate people.

Which is probably why Finland's delegates are constantly invited to Nato's summits and why we have increasing number of military exercises with USA and other Nato countries. Although I personally would prefer if we (Finland) would distance itself from Nato and increase our own defense forces. So Trump becoming president would actually help my own political agenda as it would undermine our Nato supporters claims that we can decrease our defense forces if we join in Nato.

Sweden and Finland have been 2 years from joining NATO since 1989. And Sweden is not even slightly neutral already, NATO membership would just formalise things. The big eastwards push was meant to be Georgia and Ukraine, and they both now have active territorial disputes.

Yeah it's odd, I've seen conflicting statements on if they're the same. Currently I saw statements they are, but I distinctly recall past ones they aren't. And if I'm frank? Hackers kinda love attention. Of course he took credit. For me though, I really don't see what it matters who leaked these. What matters is if the leaks can be proven false, and given that their chosen narrative is "Putin did this," they're not exactly denying it.

Bruce I'm curious. Is there any level of corruption or dishonesty on the part of Hillary Clinton or her team that would lead you to believe that maybe what everyone is saying about her might be correct?

Thomas Sowell

Bruce I'm curious. Is there any level of corruption or dishonesty on the part of Hillary Clinton or her team that would lead you to believe that maybe what everyone is saying about her might be correct?

Great post! :) I'm glad you asked! For the moment Guard Dog I have to say I'm not certain and I will have to look into it, but I admire the fact that you've brought this important matter to my attention. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Bernie is currently speaking. I wonder what his angle is given he's not condemned Clinton, nor does he seem to plan to do so. He did say however that allegedly, by the next Presidential election, the Super delegates are expected to be reduced from ~700 to ~200.

EDIT 2: He spoke against the TPP just now even though Hillary is in favor of it. Now I'm confused. wat goin on

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 2

I say keep tilting at windmills Guard Dog.  It may be that none of this matters.  It may be that we've already lost all our battles and just haven't recieved notice yet.  Still gotta fight 'em.

Now, the important thing is, whether Hillary hearkens our doom or Trump destroys us, we can all sit down with a beer, plop ourselves in front of our computers, and argue and debate about it.  By the mass, people will still live their lives.  Come November, I'll be in the hot tub with friends fighting over the imminent demise of our country, and I can assure you, that discussion will happen no matter who wins.  That debate about our imminent demise will happen no matter who wins in 2020 or 2040.  Assuming we're all still alive.  ...But, if we're all dead, then there will be no need for debate.  Everything will be settled.

The public's being very clear about what they want. Bernie got overwhelming support his entire speech. The moment he endorses Hillary, they turn on him. They're currently just chanting "We want Bernie."

In the end I think it doesn't much matter what Bernie wants now or what he's doing since I don't see how on earth Bernie could possibly be picked now. All the same, super curious what exactly his angle is with endorsing Hillary.

In 1989 Finland was closer to joining in Soviet Union than Nato, which is why for example USA forced Finland to end its submarine manufacturing, because they were too advanced and were therefore risk for national security of USA. 

I say keep tilting at windmills Guard Dog.  It may be that none of this matters.  It may be that we've already lost all our battles and just haven't recieved notice yet.  Still gotta fight 'em.

Now, the important thing is, whether Hillary hearkens our doom or Trump destroys us, we can all sit down with a beer, plop ourselves in front of our computers, and argue and debate about it.  By the mass, people will still live their lives.  Come November, I'll be in the hot tub with friends fighting over the imminent demise of our country, and I can assure you, that discussion will happen no matter who wins.  That debate about our imminent demise will happen no matter who wins in 2020 or 2040.  Assuming we're all still alive.  ...But, if we're all dead, then there will be no need for debate.  Everything will be settled.

Well, I can think of few better equipped to survive the Trumpocalypse to the Clintopocalypse than me. I have enough arable land to support myself by farming. It has a natural water source on it and a larger one nearby for irrigation, electricity production, and drinking. I have the knowledge and raw materials to produce whiskey for trade, more than enough firearms and ammunition for defense, and the know how to use natural defenses and uncontrolled access to the largest wildlife management area on the middle Mississippi. So two those two world destroyers I say "bring it on!"

But in all seriousness you are of course correct, In November either Clinton or Trump will become President and four years from now if the country is a different place it will only be so by a matter of small degree. As you pointed out earlier, with the exception of Supreme Court appointments who becomes President is not really the earth shattering decision we make it out to be. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell