Dallas Sniper Shootings

BruceVC

Other people on this forum seem fine with that

I'd be reluctant to ascribe a singular motive or feeling to large groups of people involving complex situations of which they may only be partially aware.

Sure I agree with that sentiment

But I have had that debate with Sarex and Drowsy many times and I cant recall anyone ever supporting me ...one guy once but he wasnt local

So I assumed people just didnt care to point out the obvious reality that Serbia was involved in war crimes but remember the guys deny this and will end up ignoring you and calling you a troll 

So when you  point it out that will probably be the  last time either guy  will speak to you

I dont compromise on certain truths so I am use to some people just blocking me ..I think there are about 10 people who block me  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

yes

HA! Good Fun!

I don't know much about NA's and what I do know I generally learned from you so please indulge me in a couple more questions:

Reservations are made up from the same tribes or tribes are mixed? Assuming the former, I would have expected a closer sense of unity amongst tribesmen, at least while on the reservation. Kinda "us-against-them" but that's not necessarily the case if there is such an antagonistic relationship between the citizens and the authorities?

Is there a such thing as discrimination between different tribes?

yes

HA! Good Fun!

I don't know much about NA's and what I do know I generally learned from you so please indulge me in a couple more questions:

Reservations are made up from the same tribes or tribes are mixed? Assuming the former, I would have expected a closer sense of unity amongst tribesmen, at least while on the reservation. Kinda "us-against-them" but that's not necessarily the case if there is such an antagonistic relationship between the citizens and the authorities?

Is there a such thing as discrimination between different tribes?

there is considerable bigotry that endures 'tween tribes.  our grandfather, a relative educated man, hated crow more than the BIA. crow and lakota animosity went back before the US ever existed, so simple being placed on reservations did not end for him and for many others. continues to this day for many.

there is a few tribes that share reservations.  northern cheyenne at one point shared with the lakota.  am recolecting that the arapaho and shoshone current share a rez.  usually those tribes that share a rez have long and amicable relations.

there is a great deal of anger on the rez.  there is anger at the BIA and USA and white folks in general or specific.  there is anger at parents, as all young people express from time to time.  there is anger at tribal authority and rez police.  there is anger at the feds when they show up to deal with "real crimes." when there is so much anger, it is hard to turn off that anger just 'cause the cop has red skin. there is also a growing number o' gangs and drug use is always a problem.  rez cops understandably is conflicted 'bout the gangs, but the violence the gangs is responsible can't be overlooked complete, which puts young gang members in conflict with rez police with increasing frequency. those confrontations 'tween rez police and gangs is becoming increasingly toxic and is one o' the more serious concerns we hear 'bout when we return to pine ridge.  

*shrug*

btw, please keep in mind that the vast number o' indian tribes in the US never got reservation lands.  heck, most never even managed to get any kinda formalized treaty relationship with the US.  many tribes were wiped out or simply ignored.  for a considerable number o' indigenous peoples, the biggest obstacle they face today is simple recognition.  you can be indian.  you can have harvard and yale historians and anthropologists agree that you and your tribe has lived in the foothills o' ca or swamps in mississippi since times before first settlers arrived.  you can provide dna studies and records from pre-revolutionary war spanish missionaries and...

if you ain't a recognized tribe by the BIA, then you ain't really indian for purposes o' federal or State recognition.  process to get recognized can take decades, and is often far too costly for many.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Witness the thoughts of a man never getting any political power. I would be glad to be wrong.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"I have a bunch of agitated armed men on top of me but let me just wiggle and struggle my way out because good things will happen if they think I'm succeeding..."

No I don't necessarily think you deserve to die for that. But for f.... sake... why would you.

For someone with a master from JFK School of Government his opinion is disappointingly shallow and manages to miss the forest for the trees.

Probably should have stuck to computer science.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Don't understand why  Murikan police so like to kill people.

Russia, Cuacasus - dangerous region with contsant terrorists activity.  Four "heavy" Imperial guards  ambushed and arrest six corrupt armed Caucasian policemen. Imperials shot every time when policemens stop to be shoked and begin analyze situation/prepare for actions - policemens become shoked again and don't resist. Result - nobody killed or wounded.

http://youtu.be/P8JKlq2ToBI

Central Russia. Arrest of migrants affilated with terrorists. Mass shoting for supress resistance again, but nobody harmed.

http://youtu.be/0T_PaJjxHVw

Why Murikan police don't wan't act as Evil Russians do?

"I have a bunch of agitated armed men on top of me but let me just wiggle and struggle my way out because good things will happen if they think I'm succeeding..."

No I don't necessarily think you deserve to die for that. But for f.... sake... why would you.

that is a reasonable query.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88037-dallas-sniper-shootings/?p=1826927

people is nuts.  people thinks silly and insane stuff.  even educated folks is not immune from ridiculousness

http://www.atlredline.com/i-feel-like-prey-1783478245

"As a black man, my only natural predator is a cop. Other things might kill me, the cop is the only one who acts like it’s his job. "

the Perception is true-- he genuine believes cops is trying to kill him.  'course if cops treated killing o' blacks as a job, then his more immediate concern should not be fear o' death by cop, but rather fear o' complete and utter cop incompetence.  90 unarmed folks were killed by cops last year. the 90 total is from the washington post as 'posed to many o' the rather spectacularly biased studies which utilize only initial media reports to generate totals.  of the ninety, 'bout half o' those killed were black-- more than any other single ethnic group.  even so, if police were actively attempting to kill black men, they has been extreme slothful and indolent in their hunting pursuits.  in fact, as an african american, you is far more likely to die of complications during surgery (398) than from police shooting, armed or otherwise.  no doubt racist doctors is the real bogeyman the author should be concerned 'bout. how many young black men has been killed by racist surgeons?  % of blacks dying form complications is higher than whites.  racism is the reason... and not 'cause o' less access quality health care and/or relative poor health compared to whites-- higher rates o' diabetes, high blood pressure, alcoholism, etc. prove it ain't so.  

doesn't matter.  the fear is genuine. people, even educated people, will believe ridiculous stuff, particular if other smart people is telling 'em that they have reason to fear.  hell, we see laquan mcdonald video and we get queasy. sure, the guy were armed, but is tough to see the knife wielder as any kinda real or immediate threat.  but heck, even if you did see a reason for police to shoot mr. mcdonald after his failure to comply with police instructions (maybe you honest believe that a man resisting arrest and brandishing a knife in a populated area can be shot even if he isn't posing an immediate threat to anybody but self. am not seeing it, but we get the argument) what genuine disturbed Gromnir were the narrative the cops spun 'bout the incident and the way the police and union supported the narrative even after video o' the incident were released.  laquan did not lunge at cops contemporaneous with being shot.  he made no particular aggressive move towards his eventual killer.  cop narrative were fabricated. so, were cop willingness to alter narrative an isolated incident, or an endemic issue?  if you already do not trust cops, and you see the solidarity o lies to protect a fellow cop...

believe as an indian, or hispanic or black man the cops is active out to kill you may sound as ridiculous as finding that 58% o' english teenagers belief in the realness o' sherlock holmes.  look at numbers and such a pov won't make sense to many people.  but if you are brought up in a community where the relationship with cops is already adversarial and if you has likely already experienced mistaken profiling, it is not difficult to imagine the people who would accept the argument that cops is active out to do you harm.  

if Gromnir were to put on a wifebeater tank, saggy cropped khaki pants, old vans with white socks and then don our admittedly hideous gargoyle wrath shades...  just hang out near a school or a check cashing store.  we would not be the least shocked if eventual a cop stopped by to ask us a few questions.  heck, dressed as 'bove, we could take our buick outta the garage and then just park on the street near one o' the more notorious drug sale locations in town.  am suspecting we would get a visit from cops or local gang bangers in relative short order.  anybody know current gang sign for XIV? simply by being a minority in the wrong place, you can gets unwanted cop attention, and the attention maybe be immediate hostile.

sure, it makes perfect sense that if you ain't actual doing anything wrong, compliance with police orders is your best bet.  do what cops says and chances o' any lasting harm being done to you by the cops is ridiculous small.  but people don't make smart decisions when stressed.  they don't make smart decisions when angry.  stressed and angry people surrounded by a group o' folks is gonna make even worse decisions.  by any objective standard, with almost no exceptions, when armed law enforcement gives you instructions, your best course o' action is compliance.  you not need give cops more information than your id if you do not wish to.  worst Likely case is you get arrested w/o cause... and then released shortly thereafter.  annoying, humiliating and ultimately forgettable. resist and harm is gonna occur, and to what purpose?

even so, people thinks ridiculous, or they don't think.  get stressed and panic.  guys such as alton sterling or michael brown, "gentle giants" who likely were not complete innocent and they gots even more o' a perceived reason to panic when cops try to arrest 'em.  the current atmosphere in many urban communities is toxic and getting worse.  minorities is afraid and hostile towards cops and the cops is obviously more tense.  it don't take much imagination to see how such a situation leads to the ridiculous becoming commonplace.

the current situation is a bit ludicrous.  gonna need accept the perception o' reasonableness from all quarters is experiencing drastic slippage.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That comic is dumb. Everyone knows that police  have killed plenty of unarmed  non blacks. To make ti seem that it is only blacks is evil and racist. And, lying.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Barack Obama and his Leftist cadres have been waging a war on cops since his first day in office — part of their politics of disparity playbook strategy to divide and conquer America one constituency group at the time.

Hmmm...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

God damn community organisers, with their, er, communities and organising?

Looking at the average US police force it's pretty clear which group is prepared for 'waging a war', and it ain't the community or their organisers; it's the ones with all the surplus corporate welfare military hardware.

Don't have real warfare gear though. No MBTs, artillery or even grenade launchers for their rifles.

A Bradley in NYPD livery would be kind of cool

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looking at the average US police force it's pretty clear which group is prepared for 'waging a war', and it ain't the community or their organisers; it's the ones with all the surplus corporate welfare military hardware.

May be if they had a little more of that military hardware that you and Obola say they shouldn't have, a few more would've survived in Dallas.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Black lifes matter, other apparently don't.

3 cops killed in Baton Rouge, the site of the latest "unarmed black killing"... coincidence, doubtful :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

May be if they had a little more of that military hardware that you and Obola say they shouldn't have, a few more would've survived in Dallas.

It's funny how you guys always ask for just a little bit more opression. Yet the more you get, the more terror there is.. Strange coincidence.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

It's funny how you guys always ask for just a little bit more opression. Yet the more you get, the more terror there is.. Strange coincidence.

What planet do you live on?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Like what? Body armour may not have helped. And police already have access to rifles. Maybe they could have received tactical training or something but just seems unfortunate.

• Like 1

Like what? Body armour may not have helped. And police already have access to rifles. Maybe they could have received tactical training or something but just seems unfortunate.

I agree with Malc on this 

WOD what could you realistically ask for to make the police better equipped because I agree they should have excellent resources but I dont think they lacking in this field ? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela