Dallas Sniper Shootings

BruceVC

How many black South Africans think sex with a virgin cures AIDS?

well, am betting the % is lower than say the number o' english teenagers who believe winston churchill is a fantasy character.  am willing to bet hard money that the % is less than the number o' russians who believe the chelyabinsk meteor were not a meteor at all-- top choices seem to include a US Govt. conspiracy, Russian Govt. conspiracy or aliens.

HA! Good Fun!

But Gromnir there are some very nasty and racist things people say about black South African men..

And some of the comments are just not worth even debating 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_cleansing_myth

A survey by the University Of South Africa (UNISA) in South Africa found that 18 percent of laborers thought that having sex with a virgin cures HIV/AIDS. An earlier study in 1999 by sexual health educators in Gauteng reported that 32 percent of the survey participants believed the myth.[5]

Accept reality and work to improve accordingly. Otherwise nothing will be solved.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

we would still win our bet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1577511/Winston-Churchill-didnt-really-exist-say-teens.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/0222/Was-Chelyabinsk-meteor-actually-a-meteor-Many-Russians-don-t-think-so.-video

people believe all kinda ridiculous stuff, and the surveys can be tailored to make folks seem even more ridiculous.

so let's all have a hearty laugh at the 68% of english teens who believe that king arthur were a real boy and the 47% that thought richard the lionheart were fictional?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

we would still win our bet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1577511/Winston-Churchill-didnt-really-exist-say-teens.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/0222/Was-Chelyabinsk-meteor-actually-a-meteor-Many-Russians-don-t-think-so.-video

people believe all kinda ridiculous stuff, and the surveys can be tailored to make folks seem even more ridiculous.

so let's all have a hearty laugh at the 68% of english teens who believe that king arthur were a real boy and the 47% that thought richard the lionheart were fictional?

HA! Good Fun!

Well, **** me. Those numbers were ridiculous.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have a better question. Would sex with a virgin make Bruce into a real boy?

Geppetto left the job unfinished....

Ok, I just gotta say that's a bit classless. Low blow man, you shouldn't throw vitriol casually like that over the Internet. It is hard to convey tone and what would be softened by the right playful melody becomes horrible by the quiet of words without rhythm or anything that could imply tone.

But I know that we all love each other so this is more of an FYI of how you coming across.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ppl used to believe Troy was fictional.

no doubt the 58% o' english teens who believe sherlock holes is teh real will one day be vindicated.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Study by Harvard Economics Professor just published on police use of force.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force

Roland G. Fryer, Jr
NBER Working Paper No. 22399
Issued in July 2016
NBER Program(s):   LE   LS   POL
This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force – officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

The NY Times write up and profile of the study:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Although the study finds that there is no evidence of increased bias in use of lethal force against blacks, there is significantly more use of non-lethal force towards blacks than whites when taking into account similar situations.

CnFPfZkXYAAICBH.jpg

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

one wonders if there is reputable study o' escalation in police encounters. is not simple a matter o' how cops interact with different racial groups but also how different racial groups interact with police.  as one might expect o' the oglala, most o' Gromnir's relatives, particular male relatives, have serious authority issues.  when encountering cops on the rez or off, our cousins will inevitable fail the "attitude test." worse, especially if a young lakota man's friends is present, there is a perceived duty to resist searches and arrests. to accede to cop authority and instructions is the worst kinda cowardice.  escalation is predictable. shocking numbers showing a high incidence o' police use o' force during encounters with young, lakota, males is hardly surprising and cannot be attributed solely to police bias.

am not suggesting that all blame for escalation is the responsibility o' the person being confronted by police. as we has said elsewhere, we believe that law enforcement as a whole should consider changes regarding the appropriate use o' force, and there needs be serious counseling regarding the so-called "attitude test." we would expect the police officer to be actively attempting to reduce tensions rather than looking for excuses to twist a fella up for contempt o' cop failures. even so, we recognize that escalation is usual requiring more than one yutz.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

I have a better question. Would sex with a virgin make Bruce into a real boy?

Geppetto left the job unfinished....

Ok, I just gotta say that's a bit classless. Low blow man, you shouldn't throw vitriol casually like that over the Internet. It is hard to convey tone and what would be softened by the right playful melody becomes horrible by the quiet of words without rhythm or anything that could imply tone.

But I know that we all love each other so this is more of an FYI of how you coming across.

No not really :) Drowsy and I dont care much for each other, its nothing personal...its more ideological 

From my side I reject the idea he refuses to accept responsibility for the war crimes Serbia committed during the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo. I gave him support and  even explained its therapeutic and makes you a more liberated person, he still refuses to acknowledge it ...you even have  a criminal court in the Hague where they charge Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs. The Serbs make up the greatest number of people facing charges

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Tribunal_for_the_former_Yugoslavia

Other people on this forum seem fine with that but for me  its about the principle. It would be  like a German denying the holocaust. Now no one is going to blame Drowsy personally or hold this against Serbia but  a person needs to accept  historical responsibility for these types of things there country was involved in. I have a real issue with this type of  denial

And of course his views on things like gay rights and general contempt for SJ issues of course annoy me but its more the denial of what Serbia did  that is the big issue  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Study by Harvard Economics Professor just published on police use of force.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force

Roland G. Fryer, Jr

NBER Working Paper No. 22399

Issued in July 2016

NBER Program(s):   LE   LS   POL

This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force – officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

The NY Times write up and profile of the study:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Although the study finds that there is no evidence of increased biased in use of lethal force against blacks, there is significantly more use of non-lethal force towards blacks than whites when taking into account similar situations.

Leferd I have to honest, I failed to get anyone to support BLM for what they stand for.....and they have a degree of legitimacy which makes the lack of support a little frustrating :)

So this looks like going forward only a few of us will be supporting the concept of BLM or at least saying what Gromnir did  which is progress as he says its got some claim

I obviously see things differently but the main issue from forum members is they said BLM are hypocrites and even racist ? Racist doesn't applicable but thats how people feel?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Of course BLM is racist. The name says it all. Want prove?  Call it WLM and we'll see how quick people bash it as racist.

Also, their actions and reactions prove it. Scumbag shooter murders 5 cops and states clearly he was targeting white cops and racists like Obama and Clinton claim the shooting motive is 'complex'. No, it isn't. And, BLM supporters cheered it. On many of their marches they are chanting anti white slogans. How is that not racist. KKK would lovbe to be as blatanly racist as BLM is in 2016.

Black cops even call out these racist pieces of crap. And, when I say racist I'm not just referring to black member sof BLM but the white ones too as they are usually even worse in their self hatred.

BLM also only care about the blacks who have a history of scummy thinsg but they don't give a crap about the  little girls killed in their bedrooms doing their homework from a drive by shooting as  clearly put forth.

Also, none of these BLM give a crap when the police murder unarmed non blacks including multiple white children playing with toys. LMAO

Again, the issue with cops is NOT racism. It is too much power and too much leeway and not enough discipline.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"From my side I reject the idea he refuses to accept responsibility for the war crimes Serbia committed during the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUU3zncVmI

Dude you really weird ( and trust me I know because I am also eccentric ) but sometimes you make me laugh....like this video, are those Serbian soldiers

John Milton 

am actual in favor o' blm as a vehicle for positive change, but am concerned 'bout obfuscation of facts and am also worried that blm has resulted in more o' the escalation we referenced earlier in this thread.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-chicagos-streets-became-the-wild-west-1466029701

"Police officers who try to intervene in this disorder often face virulent pushback. “People are a hundred times more likely to resist arrest,” a police officer who has worked a decade and a half on the South Side told me. “People want to fight you; they swear at you. ‘F--- the police, we don’t have to listen,’ they say. I haven’t seen this kind of hatred towards the police in my career.”

"Antipolice animus is nothing new in Chicago. But the post-Ferguson Black Lives Matter narrative about endemically racist cops has made the street dynamic much worse. A detective told me: “From patrol to investigation, it’s almost an undoable job now. If I get out of my car, the guys get hostile right away.” Bystanders sometimes aggressively interfere, requiring more officers to control the scene."

increased rates o' use o' force is hardly surprising given such conditions, yes?

from the same author is an article that questions the factual basis of blm

"Police officers—of all races—are also disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Over the past decade, according to FBI data, 40% of cop killers have been black. Officers are killed by blacks at a rate 2.5 times higher than the rate at which blacks are killed by police."

"The Black Lives Matter movement claims that white officers are especially prone to shooting innocent blacks due to racial bias, but this too is a myth. A March 2015 Justice Department report on the Philadelphia Police Department found that black and Hispanic officers were much more likely than white officers to shoot blacks based on “threat misperception”—that is, the mistaken belief that a civilian is armed.

"A 2015 study by University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway, formerly acting director of the National Institute of Justice, found that, at a crime scene where gunfire is involved, black officers in the New York City Police Department were 3.3 times more likely to discharge their weapons than other officers at the scene."

etc.

however, while ms. mac donald is a bright and articulate woman with degrees from yale and stanford law, she is decided right o' center on many issues.  our recollection is that she defended the practices at abu ghraib, and is highly critical o' welfare programs that allow single mothers to create a generation o' fatherless and dependent children.  her bun may be wound a bit too tight.  

HA! Good Fun!
  • Like 1

"From my side I reject the idea he refuses to accept responsibility for the war crimes Serbia committed during the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo."

Actually what he said outright (after being smashed as usual with facts) was that Serbia deserved the bombing (in which 3000 civilians died) and all that for the sole reason of getting  a rise out of me.

Ergo the musings on when he's going to become a real boy, or in other words, a real human being -  instead of hiding behind the superficially pleasant personality he uses with remarkable consistency to troll this forum.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Actually what he said outright (after being smashed as usual with facts) was that Serbia deserved the bombing (in which 3000 civilians died) and all that for the sole reason of getting  a rise out of me.

Ergo the musings on when he's going to become a real boy, or in other words, a real human being -  instead of hiding behind the superficially pleasant personality he uses with remarkable consistency to troll this forum.

No I did not say that and I explained what I meant when Zora got snarky

I said Serbia was fortunate that NATO intervened when they did to end the war and Serbians aggression, Serbia was already implicated in real war crimes and if the war had continued you would have many more Serbs in the Hague...am I making this up, why is there  a Yugoslav Criminal Tribunal in the Hague? . I would  never suggest I am happy 3000 Serbian civilians were killed. 

So back then you were selective about what I meant and now you still got it wrong, Now the real issue still is unresolved, you wont accept any responsibility for Serbian war crimes?

But I am now the troll and not a real boy because you  wont accept something that is historical fact. But in fact you wont admit this because then the  NATO campaign would have validity ...and of course this makes your other points about how the West\NATO is corrupt, biased and not interested in real justice or making meaningful changes to the world

You have been saying the West is broken for so long I can imagine it must be very difficult to admit you were wrong, it must feel like you have to create a new identity and that can be daunting

John Milton 

As we all know, the Yugoslav war will always lead into forgiveness and understanding when discussed on the internet. Especially when someone not from the region picks a side to shame to other.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

As we all know, the Yugoslav war will always lead into forgiveness and understanding when discussed on the internet. Especially when someone not from the region picks a side to shame to other.

This is a  strange  post and a direct contradiction of how you comment on all topics...you have views on anything you want to...and guess what you live, in Finland 

So  its not relevant to where I live to say " Serbia committed war crimes" ....sorry this is a difficult concept to understand " how can someone comment on a conflict when they dont live there "....I'll be honest I just dont have the interest to really explain how this is possible 

Maybe someone else will explain it to you?

John Milton 

This is a  strange  post and a direct contradiction of how you comment on all topics...you have views on anything you want to...and guess what you live, in Finland 

So  its not relevant to where I live to say " Serbia committed war crimes" ....sorry this is a difficult concept to understand " how can someone comment on a conflict when they dont live there "....I'll be honest I just dont have the interest to really explain how this is possible 

What is sarcasm?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What is sarcasm?

?

You were being sarcastic?

John Milton 

one wonders if there is reputable study o' escalation in police encounters. is not simple a matter o' how cops interact with different racial groups but also how different racial groups interact with police.  as one might expect o' the oglala, most o' Gromnir's relatives, particular male relatives, have serious authority issues.  when encountering cops on the rez or off, our cousins will inevitable fail the "attitude test." worse, especially if a young lakota man's friends is present, there is a perceived duty to resist searches and arrests. to accede to cop authority and instructions is the worst kinda cowardice.  escalation is predictable. shocking numbers showing a high incidence o' police use o' force during encounters with young, lakota, males is hardly surprising and cannot be attributed solely to police bias.

Are reservation police composed of Native Americans?

What is sarcasm?

?

And how!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What is sarcasm?

?

And how!

What is sarcasm?

?

And how!

Okay well then I'm sorry for getting annoyed but what you said is more or less what people have said to me in the past on this topic and they were being serious ...I think :)

John Milton 

Other people on this forum seem fine with that

I'd be reluctant to ascribe a singular motive or feeling to large groups of people involving complex situations of which they may only be partially aware.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Are reservation police composed of Native Americans?

yes

and we do understand just how much outrage ms. macdonald's articles has caused in blm circles.  some o' her numbers do need to be considered in context. nevertheless, we has similar seen articles at very reputable sites that is being utter dismissive of macdonald... or using chicanery o' their own in an attempt to disprove.  

cops is more afraid and is facing increasingly more hostile citizenry. the citizenry is likewise more afraid.  both sides believe, for often very good reasons, that they is facing more danger now than ever before.  is not a good situation. we do need dialogue, but typical what we see is attempts to refute non-supportive points o' view rather than actual discussion.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir