What are you playing right now?

Gorth

-Completely- unrelated to discussion at hand: Does Dark Souls III still offer offline mode? Dunno why, I just feel like asking. (alternatively a feasible way to opt out of invasions like DS1)

Edited by Fenixp

Guys I read DS3  broke the sales record  :dancing:  :dancing:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/51642/dark-souls-3-breaks-records-franchises-fastest-selling-pc-port/index.html

I dont think I need to explain why thats good news, its cool that we are all enjoying different games and me with W3 

Also we are very lucky that we have hobbies that are so exciting

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So I finished my first playthrough of DS3. I took me 95 hours defeating all bosses and maxing out nearly all covenants, except for the Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon. Summoning would take too long to get 30 Proof of a Concord Kept. I think the ratio of Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon players will never work well. If there would be at least another way to get those covenants reward (except for farming). Despit some minor flaws I really loved it. I'm looking forward to the DLC and can't wait to see FromSoftware next game.

• Like 1

I still think DS3 is a lot easier than the games before.

So I finished my first playthrough of DS3. I took me 95 hours defeating all bosses and maxing out nearly all covenants, except for the Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon. Summoning would take too long to get 30 Proof of a Concord Kept. I think the ratio of Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon players will never work well. If there would be at least another way to get those covenants reward (except for farming). Despit some minor flaws I really loved it. I'm looking forward to the DLC and can't wait to see FromSoftware next game.

Guys I'm thinking of starting on DS1 ?

But I'm not sure I have patience to keep going back every time I die?Is it worth....you guys all seem to like it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

First impression of Battlefleet Gothic:

Nice graphics.

Unskippable cutscenes.

With voice acting having a "grimdark" filter thrown on top of cheesy dialogue.

Save after cutscene, load forces you to watch it again.

Only thing this game is missing is Central Bradford...

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Some more Mordheim for me. I finally decided to take on The Library in my Sisters campaign, so that wrapped up Act I for me (well, for the Sisters at least). Given that they removed respawns, I was massively overleveled and was lucky to not encounter any bugs (or they were fixed, either way works ;)) it was a bit of a cakewalk (not to say that some of these dimons didn't put out some pain...), the biggest challenge were the coloured portals ...

My Sisters Warband also hit Rank 10 now, I swear the game suddenly went up in difficulty, I've had a few OOAs (even on some of my veterans) while I had been going for ages without any...or I've just had a run of bad luck (or bad tactics, hehehe ;))

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

But I'm not sure I have patience to keep going back every time I die?Is it worth....you guys all seem to like it?

Well, you will die a lot in the game. But there are severel bonfires in each area, which are checkpoints. So once you know the path to the boss, you can ignore most enemies and run to the boss area. I really think it's worth to stick to the game and not give up. It has unique storytelling and multiplayer, great bossfights and fantastic exploration. The level and world design in DS1 is simply brilliant. 

• Like 1

You just have to accept that dying is part of the game mechanics. The games are designed that way- learn the environment. For this, there are shortcuts and stuff all over the place, which allow you to get around most generic mobs in the gameworld. It's really not as "harsh" as people make it out to be on the internet. If you fail all the time in Dark Souls, then probably only because you weren't paying attention.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I assume there's a Dark Souls thread around or you can probably create one. When you're frustrated, vent. When you're stuck, ask. When you feel like bragging, brag. Interaction with a community helped me immensely to enjoy the game. And most importantly, try to approach it without expectations. (when I started the game having expectations, I absolutely hated Dark Souls, couldn't play it for more than few hours at first. Then I figured out what it actually is.) Dark Souls -pretends- to be an uber-difficult western-like RPG, but ... It's really not. The game requires you to assume entirely different mindset than majority of all other games I have ever played in my life and while I'd hate majority of elements present in Dark Souls when taken individually, FROM software makes all of these elements miraculously function. (well it's not miraculous per se - Dark Souls firmly stands on being incredibly internally consistent, but that's for another discussion) And when you get into the mindset this game requires of you, it's not even really that difficult, just incredibly unique.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Some more Mordheim for me. I finally decided to take on The Library in my Sisters campaign, so that wrapped up Act I for me (well, for the Sisters at least). Given that they removed respawns, I was massively overleveled and was lucky to not encounter any bugs (or they were fixed, either way works ;)) it was a bit of a cakewalk (not to say that some of these dimons didn't put out some pain...), the biggest challenge were the coloured portals ...

My Sisters Warband also hit Rank 10 now, I swear the game suddenly went up in difficulty, I've had a few OOAs (even on some of my veterans) while I had been going for ages without any...or I've just had a run of bad luck (or bad tactics, hehehe ;))

You can imagine how that mission felt with respawns for people who hadn't massively outleveled it :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Me when I gain a rank with a faction in Destiny --> :w00t::dancing:

Me when I receive the reward and see it's a bunch of useless crap half the time --> :getlost::banghead:

Seriously, I spent all day playing the new Prison of Elders mode because I was oh-so-close to reaching the next rank with Variks.  But then when I finally reached the next rank and went to pick up my reward from him, it ended up being a bunch of random crap (20 spin metal, 20 helium element, 2 primary telemetry and 2 special telemetry).  So not worth the time put into it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, you will die a lot in the game. But there are severel bonfires in each area, which are checkpoints. So once you know the path to the boss, you can ignore most enemies and run to the boss area. I really think it's worth to stick to the game and not give up. It has unique storytelling and multiplayer, great bossfights and fantastic exploration. The level and world design in DS1 is simply brilliant. 

I have DS1 &2 on Steam .....okay so your view is just learn the game play

What class would you recommend for  a novice?

John Milton 

I assume there's a Dark Souls thread around or you can probably create one. When you're frustrated, vent. When you're stuck, ask. When you feel like bragging, brag. Interaction with a community helped me immensely to enjoy the game. And most importantly, try to approach it without expectations. (when I started the game having expectations, I absolutely hated Dark Souls, couldn't play it for more than few hours at first. Then I figured out what it actually is.) Dark Souls -pretends- to be an uber-difficult western-like RPG, but ... It's really not. The game requires you to assume entirely different mindset than majority of all other games I have ever played in my life and while I'd hate majority of elements present in Dark Souls when taken individually, FROM software makes all of these elements miraculously function. (well it's not miraculous per se - Dark Souls firmly stands on being incredibly internally consistent, but that's for another discussion) And when you get into the mindset this game requires of you, it's not even really that difficult, just incredibly unique.

That's some good input and obviously I will use my Controller with the PC,not m\kb?

John Milton 

Nice little flash sale on PSN. Finally get to play The Order: 1886. $7.99, not too shabby. 

How is it?  I was interested in the game around launch time, but all the reviews for it seemed to be poor.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Scooped up a game called Spirits of Xanadu for the price of a cup of coffee on sale.  The game starts out much like Dead Space.  You're a guy sent to investigate a derelict ship and to get it back home to Earth.  As you can imagine, everybody on board is dead and there are murder robots, as is usually the case (If there's one thing video games have taught me is that robots are ****s and they will eventually try to murder you).  While the game has plenty of shooty shooty, that doesn't seem to be the focus, instead it's more a mystery/adventure/puzzle game where you try to figure out what horrible things happened and how to get the ship working again.  Also, it's set in an alternate 1983 and I may have time traveled after I died (death is not a failure state in the game, at least not so far).  It's definitely interesting so far and thankfully it looks like the death robots don't respawn after you destroy them.  Hopefully there is a finite amount of them aboard the ship so I can eventually destroy them all and not have to worry about them trying to murder me, as I'm not keen on the shooty shooty bits, I'm mostly in it to enjoy piecing together the story and solving the puzzles.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have DS1 &2 on Steam .....okay so your view is just learn the game play

What class would you recommend for  a novice?

I personally think that Knight is the easiest one, but other people are saying that range combat / magick is way easier because you keep a healthy distance to the mobs. Can't really comment to that, though, as I pretty much always used the Knight class and close range combat. :>

When I think about it, I'll guess what will make DS1 harder now is the lack of human phantoms to help you in tough situations. Most players moved on to DS 2 or 3, so you probably have to do most things alone or with ai phantoms who are usually only worthy of being a short time mob distraction.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nice little flash sale on PSN. Finally get to play The Order: 1886. $7.99, not too shabby. 

How is it?  I was interested in the game around launch time, but all the reviews for it seemed to be poor.

So far, I haven't seen a prettier game. The fidelity shouldn't be possible for a console.

Which is a shame, all I want to do is explore the world, but it's a locked linear cinematic experience. Fail at a quick-time event or die in combat ... start over. Shooting is fun but super simplistic ... cool weapons, though. 

Voice-acting couldn't be better. Graham McTavish must have had a French aunt who taught him the language ... the one line he speaks, so far, sounds like a native.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Scooped up Magicka 2 on a Steam sale for $5. Loved the first one, reviews of the second made me cautious. I picked "Hard" mode, but found it far more challenging than I expected. It turns out I had selected the "Bananas" condition in which enemies had 5x health and rapid regeneration. Changed those conditions and dominated. Some of the spells are nice, but I miss the old ones. The mobility and graphics are great, but I don't like the new controls. Still sating my fix for more Magicka though.