[CLASS BUILD] Zeblastian Hurtstacker (autoattacking double trouble dps wizard)

Hey, I'm planning a less focused version of this build, and I'm specifocally wondering about talents appliczble to summoned cloned.

Do the following works (blast works for sure):

- penetrating blast

- penetrating shots

- weapon focus (it may depends on which one unless clones weapons are universal)

- dangerous implements

- interrupting blows

- corrode damage talents

- various defensive talents like superior deflection

Bonus question : is it the same for Monk clones ?

So to answer my own questions :

None of the above boost your clones.

Clones does not get the passive from their original character. Basically, clones have their own stats which seems to be pretty high : My Substancial Phantom had an accuracy of 111 and 30 interrupt, and his Minoletta's missiles did more damage than Aloth's (and his rather bad Might). These values were not changed by Weapon Focus and Interrupting blows. He didn't get constant recovery.

I can't be sure about Electrical Damage talent, but I think it didn't apply.
I got the impression that Blast applies, but the AoE of the Phantoms are not blast but some Built-In Electrical Attack with an AoE.

So they probably only benefit from non-weapon items. I have no idea about monk's clones working the same or not.

It worths noticing that lvl 4 Essential Phantom has DIFFERENT values than Lvl 7 Substancial one, with only 90 Accuracy and 12 Interrupt. So it's not only about spells.

In conclusion, Phantoms are pretty solid summons with good stats, but don't mind them when you're choosing your talents.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

Ah, ok - great. Thanks for testing. I guess they changed something about the duplicates. Because I remember that the monk's duplicates profited from Weapon Focus Unarmed and Two Weapon Style. But maybe I don't remember correctly.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By the way, I've done other interesting tests with following conclusions :

- Kalakoth blasting blast has apparently returned. Each single hit of summoned Kalakoth minor blast triggers blast. As Kalakoth has an AoE, each hit in the AoE triggers a separate blast, so each ennemy in a pack can recieve multi-blast (as well as potential interrupts). So now, it's like a baby version of Heart of Fury.

I thought this one had been patched.

EDIT : Apparently, I imagined it was patched. So it works, and it is most likely the best way to get interrupt.  

- Apprentice's Sneak Attack applies to each Kalakoth hits in the original AoE, but not to blast hits.

- Apprentice's Sneak Attack applies to each Citzal Spirit Lance hits in the Citzal's AoE. (Citzal's is described as "blast" in the flavour text, but it is appently a totally different effect.)
Edited by Elric Galad

Oh man - I really loathe those necro bugs. They fix something - and when they introdoce some new features all the old bugs reemerge.

Yup, but this time I was wrong, it wasn't ever change. I just thouhht

I'm wondering what would be the most interesting between a Citzal Lance/melee reach build, a Kalakoth/Implement build... or anything will anyway be meaningless compared to wizard spellcasting anyway, at least for major battles...

I wish there could be more specific way of building your wizard. At least this thread is a good example of what could be done ^^

Edited by Elric Galad

There was a change. When I was playing this build I did of course try Minor Blights and there was no such thing as "baby HoF" going on.

By looking an old thread I found an old post where you were saying this. Other people disagreed. Sounds buggy to me ^^

Interesting. Didn't try it for some time now. Maybe for me it still doesn't work. ;) The only reason that this build doesn't use Minor Blights was that this effect didn't happen when I tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with Human instead.  Two reasons:

1) Human portraits are wayyy easier to find than Nature Godlike ones.  (yes, yes, I know it's a silly reason)

2) When you compare Fighting Spirit to Wellspring of Life, I think FS comes out on top.  You get an accuracy bonus which is far better, IMO, than the speed bonus from WoL.  You get a damage bonus of 15% which is superior to 3 MIG (9%).  You don't get the CON bonus, but who cares about that.  On top of that, you can equip a helm!

I think Human is far superior once you take all this, plus the ability to use a helm, into account.

And... it's easier to find cool portraits =p

Anyway, thanks for the build, Boeroer.  I'm looking forward to trying it out... whenever Obsi gets off its ass and patches WM2.

• Like 1

Yeah, Nature Godlikes are really inferior. I just wanted to build one because never had before. And if you use the Mantle of the Dying Boar you can stay a 33% endurance all the time - meaning that the stat bonuses will not expire unless you get healed above 50%. Fighting Spirit wears off after some time. But in most fights it's obviously better.

Also a Wood Elf would have been better.

Yeah, Nature Godlikes are really inferior. I just wanted to build one because never had before. And if you use the Mantle of the Dying Boar you can stay a 33% endurance all the time - meaning that the stat bonuses will not expire unless you get healed above 50%. Fighting Spirit wears off after some time. But in most fights it's obviously better.

Also a Wood Elf would have been better.

Ohh yeah, I forgot FS wears off while WoL doesn't... actually it's not so bad, then... Maybe even comparable... I suppose it depends how long fights last. FS lasts about 30sec with high INT I guess?

Can FS trigger more than once in a fight? Is it per rest/encounter?

Edited by Yosharian
  • Like 1

Fighting Spirit triggers once per encounter - but it takes 5 seconds until it starts after you got reduced to 50% endurance. But then you can be healed and still profit from it while WoL will stop if you do that.

• 10 months later...

Fighting Spirit triggers once per encounter - but it takes 5 seconds until it starts after you got reduced to 50% endurance

This doesn't seem to be the case. I was doing some testing with a Monk and as soon as he hit 50% Endurance he got the Accuracy and Damage bonuses.

Perhaps it changed at some point?

• 5 months later...

Using this build for my Wizard. And just my modification of MaxQuest's Fire Priest build, I softened the harsh "min" aspect. So I gave 8 to both Resolve and Constitution. Newbs need some safety - even with ideal builds! ;)

Edited by Lampros

I am really loving this guy so far. Unlike most casters, he doesn't need a lot of baby-sitting, and a lazy guy like me can use him to auto-attack.

One question: Would a Priest-variation of this pure auto-attack build work the same way? Of course, I will need to at least buff and heal with her - but for easier fights, I'd just let the Priest fling away from distance with her auto-attacks, too.

One question: Would a Priest-variation of this pure auto-attack build work the same way?

No. Blast, Penetrating Blast and Kalakoth's Minor Blights (for harder fights) are the main auto-attack damage contributors.

Sure you could take a priest, give him an arquebus (for levels 2-6) and an implement (from level onward), but his damage contribution mainly comes from DoT spells. Thus from level 7 you just take a weapon solely for it's procs, marking and defensive stats.

• Like 1

One question: Would a Priest-variation of this pure auto-attack build work the same way?

No. Blast, Penetrating Blast and Kalakoth's Minor Blights (for harder fights) are the main auto-attack damage contributors.

Sure you could take a priest, give him an arquebus (for levels 2-6) and an implement (from level onward), but his damage contribution mainly comes from DoT spells. Thus from level 7 you just take a weapon solely for it's procs, marking and defensive stats.

Hmmm, Priests don't have access to Blast and related talents? Bummer :(

• 3 years later...

So I keep hearing that penetrating shot is really bad on any build as -5 DR does not cover DPS loss from 10% penalty even against bosses like adra dragon. Does anyone made any tests about it? How much damage you gain or loose with penetrating shot on autoattacking implement builds?