European Refugee Crisis : Part 2

BruceVC

Some people in the west still think Canada is nothing but snowy cabins, lumberjacks and polar bears. How do you think even less educated people from poor, war-torn nations perceive it?

I've been there, and you just need to add moose and maple syrup to the list to be accurate.  Oh and hockey sticks.

• Like 1

No one minds that and government is downplaying the issue, if it counts as such. Was just a funny story, I can imagine some may be reluctant as beggars are always choosers.

As for the liberals in this place. Well the really hippy ones will never see any wrong :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What we are seeing is the first steps of removing the Schengen agreement, and taking a different approach for cooperation instead.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Finnish authorities have decided that parts of of Afghanistan and Iraq are to be considered safe (=places without Al-Qaeda and ISIS influence) and thus at least 2/3 of all asylum applicants will therefore be rejected. Furthermore, if the authorities declare a region as safe for return during the asylum process, then those applicants will be automatically sent back as well.

At the same time there are talks about Sweden wanting to close down the Oresund-bridge to Denmark. It seems like the powers that be finally saw what was about to happen and acted accordingly, atleast in the nordic countries that is. Now, everything seems to point out to Turkey and what they will do....

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Only they're the establishment too. Nothing's gonna change.

I keep on hoping they're not.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It is again difficult time for our immigrant/refugee skeptic government.

Last week two Iraqi refugees where detained on heavy suspicion of take part in mass murder (killing as much as 1700 police cadets in base near Tikrit in June 2014, they personally are accused of 11 murders, basin on videos that ISIS has released about said mass murder that are said to show the suspects) in Iraq and being members of ISIS. And today our news tell that they were already wanted in Iraq and Iraq is preparing to as that they will be handed over to them. Which all fine and dandy especially how our government parties have constantly said that refugees that are convinced for crime should be automatically returned to their home countries. But problems is that Iraq has death penalty and mass murders will certainly face it, but our constitution and European Convention on Human Rights both forbid returning people in countries where they face death penalty. And of course not returning wanted murderers to Iraq probably will put some dent in our government hope to make return agreement for convicted criminals of lesser crimes. So our official probably hope that they can make deal with Iraq's government that gives guarantee that those said refugees will only face life in prison. And of course this will cause some problems if Iraq's official in future decide to execute them as it would mean that returning anybody to Iraq becomes much more difficult process as our official can't (from legal standpoint) trust Iraq's governments assurances.

Banksy just debuted a new work depicting steve jobs as a Syrian migrant

All art is subjective, but the message here seems to be pretty clear. Banksy sprayed an image of Steve Jobs as a Syrian migrant with a satchel over his shoulder and a vintage Macintosh computer in tow. Banksy sprayed the image in a Syrian migrant camp in Calais, France, the Daily Beast reports. 

Y2I3YjhlY2ZjNCMvazZfMVF6bDhzYXdCMkpBbU0y

Jobs was the son of a Syrian migrant, and Banksy's image underscores the benefits that Syrian migrants can bring to any country where they make their roots. 

"We're often led to believe migration is a drain on the country's resources, but Steve Jobs was the son of a Syrian migrant," Banksy said in a statement, the Telegraph reported. "Apple is the world's most profitable company, it pays over $7 billion a year in taxes — and it only exists because they allowed in a young man from Homs."

The image Banksy used of Jobs is an iconic one — it eventually became the cover of Walter Isaacson's widely read biography on Jobs. While the image is striking alone, it's even more powerful in context, with makeshift tents dotting the landscape around it. 

Though his father was a Syrian migrant, Jobs was adopted by a California couple who raised him, according to the Telegraph. 

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Somehow putting conflating Syrian refugees with a guy known for running a company that pays Chinese workers less than a dollar an hour to make overpriced trash doesn't seem like a good idea to improve their reputation.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Banksy just debuted a new work depicting steve jobs as a Syrian migrant

All art is subjective, but the message here seems to be pretty clear. Banksy sprayed an image of Steve Jobs as a Syrian migrant with a satchel over his shoulder and a vintage Macintosh computer in tow. Banksy sprayed the image in a Syrian migrant camp in Calais, France, the Daily Beast reports. 

Y2I3YjhlY2ZjNCMvazZfMVF6bDhzYXdCMkpBbU0y

Jobs was the son of a Syrian migrant, and Banksy's image underscores the benefits that Syrian migrants can bring to any country where they make their roots. 

"We're often led to believe migration is a drain on the country's resources, but Steve Jobs was the son of a Syrian migrant," Banksy said in a statement, the Telegraph reported. "Apple is the world's most profitable company, it pays over $7 billion a year in taxes — and it only exists because they allowed in a young man from Homs."

The image Banksy used of Jobs is an iconic one — it eventually became the cover of Walter Isaacson's widely read biography on Jobs. While the image is striking alone, it's even more powerful in context, with makeshift tents dotting the landscape around it. 

Though his father was a Syrian migrant, Jobs was adopted by a California couple who raised him, according to the Telegraph. 

I'll be sure to tell to the next rape victim of 22 year old Afghani "child" that she should be grateful that she was enriched by the next Steve Jobs in the making.

See what i did there? I used the same logic right back in order to show what kind of infentile idea that is. One is called trolling, the other an artistic message for the press to report, but basically the same thing. Bansky should import all the refugees as he can to his own house if he supports it so much instead playing high and mighty on other people's tax money. God forbid for any sane approach to the problem when there's these kinds of idiots around. 

Somehow putting conflating Syrian refugees with a guy known for running a company that pays Chinese workers less than a dollar an hour to make overpriced trash doesn't seem like a good idea to improve their reputation.

That too.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The man was also, by most accounts, a sociopath. In the typical business world - egocentric, bleed your employees dry style. A corporate shark.

It says a lot about the age we live in that the man is considered "great" by any measure of the word. His greatest contribution is selling the same thing everyone else is selling at twice the price. While an admirable trait for a salesman, I can't help but ask the question - so what? How is that relevant for anyone other than him?

#ThingsDrowsydoesn'tunderstand

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'll be sure to tell to the next rape victim of 22 year old Afghani "child" that she should be grateful that she was enriched by the next Steve Jobs in the making.

See what i did there? I used the same logic right back in order to show what kind of infentile idea that is. One is called trolling, the other an artistic message for the press to report, but basically the same thing. Bansky should import all the refugees as he can to his own house if he supports it so much instead playing high and mighty on other people's tax money. God forbid for any sane approach to the problem when there's these kinds of idiots around.

Yeah, only a poorly thought-out post that you composed in less than five minutes cannot really compare to a mural and even in this day and age would not be considered art by anyone. Feel free to go draw up a rape scene involving refugees on the side of the town hall, though.

And hey: if you care so much about the victims of such rapes, why aren't you devoting every single free second of your time to help rape victims? There are volunteer organizations for this as well as career choices you can make to help people, you know. (see what I did there?)

But it isn't about people at all, but rather your own issues, yes? Maybe get help? It's clear that venting is just not doing the trick. Good luck.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, only a poorly thought-out post that you composed in less than five minutes cannot really compare to a mural and even in this day and age would not be considered art by anyone. Feel free to go draw up a rape scene involving refugees on the side of the town hall, though.

And hey: if you care so much about the victims of such rapes, why aren't you devoting every single free second of your time to help rape victims? There are volunteer organizations for this as well as career choices you can make to help people, you know. (see what I did there?)

But it isn't about people at all, but rather your own issues, yes? Maybe get help? It's clear that venting is just not doing the trick. Good luck.

I appriciate your concern, but i am already a member of such organisation that actively help people and donate my own money monthly. These "artists" piss me off like no other since they are the most vocal while doing the least. Previously, at least they managed to raise a debate with some insight, but now they are just dumb.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I appriciate your concern, but i am already a member of such organisation that actively help people and donate my own money monthly. These "artists" piss me off like no other since they are the most vocal while doing the least. Previously, at least they managed to raise a debate with some insight, but now they are just dumb.

I dont know Meshugger but 2133 makes a good point here. Can I give you some advice that I learnt about living in South Africa. its much better to just say  " I dont want thousands of Syrian Muslims immigrating to Finland because we have such different  cultures  " ...you don't even need to justify it because there is no country in the world that would be fine with it under the circumstances unless you prepare to accept them like Germany or like Sweden you really believe in the social aspect 

But what you are doing, or rather what it probably seems for others, is finding actually irrelevant or contradictory reasons that come across as you being racist ot bigoted. Now you shouldn't have to feel like that but if you take what 2133 is saying he is right yet I know thats not what you are really saying 

Its funny but living in the West sometimes we feel because of our past we can''t ever say " no I would prefer only limited migrants " as that would seem racist.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Uh-huh. Not good enough, sorry. If you aren't helping out all day everyday, you have no right to raise a point. It's not that I believe this, of course, but that's pretty much the logic you are using with the tired "he likes immigrants, he can take them all in his house instead of speaking up" nonsense.

Also, I have serious doubts that you actually know anything about the author(s) considering that you can barely spell the name right. Feel free to prove me wrong. They are dumb, but you aren't exactly raising the level of the debate, yourself.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Uh-huh. Not good enough, sorry. If you aren't helping out all day everyday, you have no right to raise a point. It's not that I believe this, of course, but that's pretty much the logic you are using with the tired "he likes immigrants, he can take them all in his house instead of speaking up" nonsense.

Also, I have serious doubts that you actually know anything about the author(s) considering that you can barely spell the name right. Feel free to prove me wrong. They are dumb, but you aren't exactly raising the level of the debate, yourself.

The answer is simple: You are already raising the debate better than Banksy ever did. And if a nobody does it on a random message board, then the bar isn't that high to begin with, is it? All i want is some sensibility and rationality in this quagmire and it is hard to find when it is either good feelz on one side, or burning down asylum centres on the other. Well, that's probably too much to ask when the EU leadership have already proven to be imbecilles.

I will not tell anything more about which non-profit organizations i work for or donate due to privacy reasons.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy