What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

b00bies?

There were boobies.

Sex scenes with polygon-based characters look extremely uncanny.

Anyway, Rebel Galaxy is a surprising amount of fun. We need more games portraying capital ship combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMZPVgycrAE&ab_channel=RebelGalaxy

Yes, the soundtrack is amazing.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Had heard from buddies that it was kind of dull, and no Z-axis fighting ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had heard from buddies that it was kind of dull, and no Z-axis fighting ?

There is Z-axis fighting, but your ship can't navigate Z-axis. In other words, your turrets can aim up and down, fighters can abuse Z-Axis and blind spots of your ship, but capital ships (and pretty much everything of import in the universe) is on the same plane. Good news is: It's not really an issue. In fact I don't think the broadside combat would function quite as well as it does with Z-axis navigation - it's quite obvious it was omitted for a reason.

The game is generally a fairly casual arcady and fun romp trough space, fighting space pirates with very enjoyable broadside combat and ramming when your ship is upgraded properly (and no, you don't have a proper space-worthy capital ships when you can't ram pirates!) Combat has a surprising amount of depth - for how simple the rest of the game is. As opposed to other modern sci-fi games in which you control a ship nothing takes too long, the game is not much of a commitment, which is a definite advantage to me. Combat is a lot of fun and music works wonders for the game. Story is crap tho, voice acting's kinda bad, you can do trading but... I don't see why would you. So if you just want to fly a big ship and blow up some other ships, definitely worth picking the game up on sale. When you want a space sim, well... Elite: Dangerous is over there.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Yeah tried it for a bit and didn't personaaly like the style, but I can totally see why they went that route it really is a cowboy themed sci fi pirate game.

My buddies are huge fans and gotta admit the soundtrack is stellar :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Enjoyed the first of the Nathan Drake games, apart from the end battle.  Then again, I can't recall the last time a game ever did an "end fight" well.

Deus Ex: Missing Link DLC.

Can't remember any other.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Enjoyed the first of the Nathan Drake games, apart from the end battle.  Then again, I can't recall the last time a game ever did an "end fight" well.

IDK, I enjoyed the boss fights in the Van Hellsing games.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Bayonetta 2.  Then again, that game does pretty much every battle well.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I thought the skirmish against the skaven would be easy. My augur and one sister split from the main warband to collect wyrdstone, while the rest of the girls were going to engage the ratmen in the alleyways.

The plan was good. Ok, maybe not good, but ok. It should have worked.

Skaven 1 charges a novice. crits, stuns her. She gets swarmed and taken out in round one.

The rat ogre charges my Maiden. She avoids all his attacks and proceeds to beat it near senseless. Things are looking up!

Rat ogre swipes back, stuns her and claws her to within an inch of her life.

Matriarch tries to bless the girls and turn the tides in the main melee. She fails to channel the winds of magic and drops to her knees stunned.

Purifier tries to burn the rat ogre from afar. She succeeds, but visions of the warp nearly break her mind. She too drops to the ground.

Somehow I won.

Not sure how.

But my megalomaniac novice paid the price: two fingers off her right hand.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm on to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.  So far, I think it's better than the first one.  It's a fun series, but they seem very short.  I'll be through the three games in no time, in preparation for Uncharted 4's release.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Proxy Hacker is one of the very first upgrades I researched in Satellite Reign and it's still easily the best upgrade I've acquired.  Being able to send my Infiltrator in alone for the vast majority of jobs makes life so much easier since I can go Invisi-Mode, making sneaking around guarded compounds exponentially easier.  Good times.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm on to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.  So far, I think it's better than the first one.  It's a fun series, but they seem very short.  I'll be through the three games in no time, in preparation for Uncharted 4's release.

If you figure out a strategy for the end-game, please share ... I can't beat him on Hard and it takes an hour of trying on Normal. My running-and-gunning-in-circles style just doesn't work. 

141 hours in two weeks playing MGSV and only 40% Completion. House is a mess, haven't bought groceries or done laundry since December. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I almost played a bit of Battlefront today.  This afternoon I decided to try a quick match, but when I started it up, it needed to update Origin.  Then it needed to update the game.  So I left and found something else to do, and when I came back I was no longer in the mood.  So tonight I had a bit of time before bed, and decided to give it another shot.  I'd already updated, so it should be easy.  Not so fast!  I need to update my gfx driver.  Apparently the one from a couple weeks ago was out of date.

So I'm going to bed early.  

• Like 1

If you figure out a strategy for the end-game, please share ... I can't beat him on Hard and it takes an hour of trying on Normal. My running-and-gunning-in-circles style just doesn't work. 

141 hours in two weeks playing MGSV and only 40% Completion. House is a mess, haven't bought groceries or done laundry since December. 

I'm not going to be much help to you.  I always play the first time through a game on Easy. :p

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finally started seriously playing Witcher 3. Gotta say combat is a *big* improvement over Witcher 2 (especially the release version). Kinda really enjoying the game though running into a lvl33 quest 5minutes into Velen was a pretty big "WTF?" moment. Also bit of a bummer that Velen is just more of White Orchard, visually.

Anyway, going have to be careful with this game as I was just gonna kill that Royal Wyvern and then head to bed but before I knew it I was trudging through elven ruins with a certain "witch" and the clock struck 4(am)... Ouch.

Also playing a bit of Mordheim here and there, closing in on Warband Rank 10, should really return to the story missions and get some more of those over with.

I'm on to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. So far, I think it's better than the first one. It's a fun series, but they seem very short. I'll be through the three games in no time, in preparation for Uncharted 4's release.

I'm not sure what length you were expecting from an action adventure and that on easy diff? :D

Running around the room for 1 hour? You should know the area by heart now then. So you know every place where the blue resin respawns so you can explode those in his face while moving around all the time.  There shouldn't be any other way in the collection, the original had some cheese tactics though.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

After 3 and half years, I have booted up again Demon's Souls. I quit the game, because I was unable to kill False King Allant on New Game + and Dark Souls came out.

I spent first 2 hours in getting back into the controls and gameplay. I have started to go against some easier enemies and then went back to False King. First attempt took me about 5 seconds, and got raped badly (sorry but there is no better word describing how that first attempt against him looked like :p ). Well, despite that very bad outcome, I have decided to not give up until the bad boss drops dead. It took me more than 20 attempts, but he got finaly his ass kicked! My quest for non-glitch-abusing Platinum Trophy of this game can continue :p

Today after long and perilous experiences in NG++ I have finaly received Friend's Ring, and only Foe Rings missing now for the Rougue Trophy. I had to kill 8 black phantoms to get my character to Pure White Character Tendency, to get this ring, because as always, my first playthrough was done without any walkthrough, nor spoilers. And looks like I have killed two innocent NPCs during it :p

Without Duping, for Platinum it is needed minimum of NG++ and 7 bosses in NG+3. The Hardest for me will be King Allant again and Old Monk on NG+3, we'll see how it goes, but I really love the difficulty and challenge of the game! Man have to really put some effort to learn the game, and I really love that!!!

To bad, that not many games with such a rewarding gameplay are realeased nowadays :(

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm on to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. So far, I think it's better than the first one. It's a fun series, but they seem very short. I'll be through the three games in no time, in preparation for Uncharted 4's release.

I'm not sure what length you were expecting from an action adventure and that on easy diff? :D

I was comparing it to my recollection of the old Tomb Raider games.  The first Drake game I finished in like 3 days.  I seem to recall it taking a lot longer than 3 days to finish the old Tomb Raiders.

Novice Elyris went down this fight and barely survived. She lost an arm. She has a nasty Chest Wound. But considering all the crap she has been through and lived, she is now also a Megalomaniac.

This brings her list of injuries to:

Broken Jaw (-1 Leadership / -5% Spellcasting)

Burst Eardrum (-25% Perception)

Chest Wound (-1 Toughness)

Chest Wound

Light Wound

Light Wound

Light Wound

Megalomania (No ranged weapons, Spellcasting costs extra offensive points)

Severed Arm (no climbing, no holding two-handed weapons (who would have thought), but +20% Dodge)

Severed Leg (-1 Move, no Climbing again, Jump Down and Leap - 25% success)

Skull Fracture (Must pass int test outside combat to perform actions)

Soon, my pretties, soon..

oops_zpshln8fs13.png

To my defense, it's only 30€ and I already own it on Xbox 360 so I know that it's good!

Oh god, what have I done?!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^You and me both.  Love that game.

Same here.  Can't wait.

Right now, I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate which has been surprisingly good so far.  I actually like walking/zipping around the world collecting the little chests and helix glyphs.  Much more fun to me than Unity which I couldn't stand for more than a few hours.  Also, when I need some downtime on the PS4, I'm plugging away at Trine: Enchanted Edition which has been quite fun and refreshing for sure.  Trying to go through some backlog this year lol.

And as always, more Grim Dawn on the pc, can't get enough of that game!

Soon, my pretties, soon..

oops_zpshln8fs13.png

To my defense, it's only 30€ and I already own it on Xbox 360 so I know that it's good!

Oh god, what have I done?!

I preordered it too, because DD has been out for several years and is a known quantity. I haven't played it yet (I have a 360, and from all accounts it runs better on PS3) so I'm super excited to try out this remastered PC edition.