White Privilege ?

BruceVC

(e): JadedWolf's post after mine here reminded me of what this thread was originally about: Bruce complaining that he didn't like it when others dismissed his opinions and perspective out of hand because of his skin color...and now he's doing the same to me because he's been to the U.S. a few times and thinks he knows better. The irony is palpable. :)

There is no irony. It's deliberate on his part and it's not new either. He's playing you like a fiddle. Don't bother.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

(e): JadedWolf's post after mine here reminded me of what this thread was originally about: Bruce complaining that he didn't like it when others dismissed his opinions and perspective out of hand because of his skin color...and now he's doing the same to me because he's been to the U.S. a few times and thinks he knows better. The irony is palpable. :)

There is no irony. It's deliberate on his part and it's not new either. He's playing you like a fiddle. Don't bother.

Barti ignore him, he is Spanish. They dont understand cultured arts like debating. Lets not stoop to his level   :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I would prefer if you just accepted my views as the proof instead of a long protracted debate with various links where you eventually concede that the USA is not a polarized society  ...but as kgambit said we haven't actually defined what polarization means? For me it means issues that could rip the country and society apart for years and this would destroy its economy like Zim

Thank you for finally defining it.  At least now I understand your point of reference and the basis for your comments.    :)    

As for accepting your views as "proof", ah sorry but no.  I'll respect your right to express your opinion but I won't accept your views as proof based solely on your say so.    

But you would force me to prove you wrong? Why not just avoid all that and agree with me ?

Also I am still not clear on what Barti  definition of polarization is?  You good at deciphering things ...what is he saying ?

No.  I would force you to prove your point if you expect to be taken seriously.  It's your call - it makes no difference to me if you want to get into a serious debate or simply present unsupported opinions as facts.    

And I see that Barti has already answered your question about polarizing. No point in beating that to death.

• Like 1

I would prefer if you just accepted my views as the proof instead of a long protracted debate with various links where you eventually concede that the USA is not a polarized society  ...but as kgambit said we haven't actually defined what polarization means? For me it means issues that could rip the country and society apart for years and this would destroy its economy like Zim

Thank you for finally defining it.  At least now I understand your point of reference and the basis for your comments.    :)    

As for accepting your views as "proof", ah sorry but no.  I'll respect your right to express your opinion but I won't accept your views as proof based solely on your say so.    

But you would force me to prove you wrong? Why not just avoid all that and agree with me ?

Also I am still not clear on what Barti  definition of polarization is?  You good at deciphering things ...what is he saying ?

No.  I would force you to prove your point if you expect to be taken seriously.  It's your call - it makes no difference to me if you want to get into a serious debate or simply present unsupported opinions as facts.    

And I see that Barti has already answered your question about polarizing. No point in beating that to death.

No I want an honest and serious debate but not unreasonable criticism .....its a fine line but it can be done  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Support your point of view with facts" is unreasonable criticism? Having the facts is a requirement for serious debate, otherwise you're just talking about nothing. You are not having an honest and serious debate. In any sense of those words. It's not a debate, you're obviously not willing to take it seriously and you're certainly not being any kind of honest.

• Like 1

"Support your point of view with facts" is unreasonable criticism? Having the facts is a requirement for serious debate, otherwise you're just talking about nothing. You are not having an honest and serious debate. In any sense of those words. It's not a debate, you're obviously not willing to take it seriously and you're certainly not being any kind of honest.

No, I am not saying "Support your point of view with facts" is unreasonable criticism

Of course you need facts in a debate and I can happily provide them in all debates I have 

When I say " unreasonable criticism" I mean where people nitpick or use spurious logic like " you can't say you care about womens right because you go to strip clubs "  

John Milton 

Everything that isn't supporting BruceVC views is unreasonable criticism or racism or whatever. It doesn't matter how intelligently or how much based in facts an opinion is laid BruceVC will handwave it away.

No if I'm wrong I admit it but people must use facts...which puts you at a serious disadvantage  :biggrin:

John Milton 

autotroll: A user who started a reasonably serious discussion and is derailing his own thread later on.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Yeah, how dare those plebs use their own reasoning and moral intuition to discuss things, and assume that the burden is on the accuser to bring across the meaning of his/her accusation.

That's quite the meltdown. Amusing considering my comment applied to both sides.

White Privileged ?

... and said " he is a white person ...how dare he criticize the government ".

...What would you say if someone accused you of this in a debate as a justification to dismiss your a point ?

I really want all views on this topic

You do not need to put a space in front of a punctuation, (i.e., a question mark or double apostrophe.)

not specific related.  tangential... perhaps.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13314040/colin-cowherd-no-longer-espn-air-comments-dominican-republic-players

we always thought the guy were a bit o' a schnook, but is kinda unfortunate that an on-air personality who is hired to spark debate gets fired for this kinda thing.  stretching the pc bit a bit far.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Even bigger is the whole Hulk Hogan racist comments mess.    He seems to be getting more support from the black people who know than whities. It seems whites have a guilt complex that leads them to overreacting to nonsense like this just so they can use it as 'proof' that they aren't one of them.

What Hogan said was awful but comparing him to Chris Benoit, Hitler, or that  church shooter is asanine. And, also, coming from the WWF which is known for their racism, bigotry, and evil is laughable.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hahahahahahahahaha, "white privilege", hahahahahahahahahaha. Stop whining you bunch of maggots and strive to become the envy of everyone instead.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm totally stoked to be white. Suck it, haters.

I used to think I was white but now I'm apparently Hispanic. Is there a support group for people that have lost their white privilege?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I used to think I was white but now I'm apparently Hispanic. Is there a support group for people that have lost their white privilege?

There's Israel, but that's only for Jews I'm afraid.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Cheer up, your new cultural food is most assuredly better and you are are no longer expected to be on time to places.   :biggrin:

Well if its any consolation I think Hispanic people  have some of the most beautiful women in the world  :thumbsup:

John Milton 

not specific related.  tangential... perhaps.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13314040/colin-cowherd-no-longer-espn-air-comments-dominican-republic-players

we always thought the guy were a bit o' a schnook, but is kinda unfortunate that an on-air personality who is hired to spark debate gets fired for this kinda thing.  stretching the pc bit a bit far.

HA! Good Fun!

Same guy who bemoaned covering e-sports as a waste of time, or something. 

Earlier this year, ESPN took a major step into Esports coverage with Blizzard’s collegiate Heroes of the Dorm tournament. The Heroes of the Storm event drew a great deal of interest, though some of ESPN’s own staff weren’t quite happy with it.

In April, Colin Cowherd stated that he’d quit if forced to cover Esports. "Somebody lock the basement door at mom's house and don't let 'em out," he said at the time. "I tagged out at Harry Potter. I tolerated Donkey Kong. I'll tell you what that was the equivalent of there: of me putting a gun in my mouth and having to listen to that. Unbelievable. You know what the funny thing is? Listen to how intense they are. Those guys are totally into it."

All Stop. On Screen.

Stupid ad hominem is stupid.

The idea that anyone's argument is less valuable because of their race, gender, physical condition or the like is ****ing ridiculous bull**** and downright racist, sexist etc.

These people are idiots and I'd show them no pity. Quite frankly, I'd tell them point blank I think they're idiots.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Reminds me a bit of poor pluto. That one lost its status as a planet

Compared to that, yours is an inner world problem wink.png

Edit: Thought about calling it a 3rd world problem, Earth being the third planet, but that would have made the post serious

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Do albinos have more or less white privilege?

They are the Brahmins of privilege and should be purged.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy