Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

github is seriously suffering from intellectual defiency.

QC51FZz.png

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

github is seriously suffering from intellectual defiency.

QC51FZz.png

Respond him that he seems little bit retarded too :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah, Rex is a weathervane, that's really his only significance and always has been.

I thought the background was that he used to be some sort of Nazi sympathizer on RPG Codex in his youth; then as an adult working in the games media became a dogmatic SJW; and at some point during GG quit SJWing and took a pretty reasonable-sounding "neutral/moderate" position.

Which could be interpreted as multiple consecutive steps in the same positive direction (totalitarian -> authoritarian -> liberal) rather than flip-flopping.

But maybe I'm not aware of the whole story... :shrugz:

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I very much doubt that he actually has the 'core beliefs' that would allow such a progression. He was never an actual nazi, he just said stuff at the codex to seem cool- and failed at that, given that a lot of the codex 'nazism' is people taking the mick out of the few people there who do believe in it or people who take enazism dead serious and get offended.

Similarly he almost certainly was never an actual sjw, he swapped sides after GG attacked his income streams/ advertising and pointed out some... potential irregularities in his competitions. It was almost immediately after that he went silent on the sjw stuff. His prior behaviour has also shown a propensity towards broad commercial interests over beliefs, eg his contributions to reddit where he was caught shilling and his about face on Hellgate: London.

Yeah, Rex is a weathervane, that's really his only significance and always has been.

I thought the background was that he used to be some sort of Nazi sympathizer on RPG Codex in his youth; then as an adult working in the games media became a dogmatic SJW; and at some point during GG quit SJWing and took a pretty reasonable-sounding "neutral/moderate" position.

Which could be interpreted as multiple consecutive steps in the same positive direction (totalitarian -> authoritarian -> liberal) rather than flip-flopping.

But maybe I'm not aware of the whole story... :shrugz:

I'm may be missing something but if you are talking about Miles then this is reason I don't want him associated with "anti-GG " 

Its not that he may be a Nazi its about the fact his presence becomes a distraction as people spend more time attacking his perceived comments than debating the actual issues

Now of course there is no such thing as a single " anti-GG " as it consists of different factions like GG but for me personally I am tired of people on both sides using this interminable conflict to push there own narcissistic objectives...people are more concerned with who says what than what is said. And there are real issues that could be discussed 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys I need to explain something important that I have come to realize 

I know most of you probably don't care but  despite what you may think of my SJ views I try to be consistent and I am making this post as I was wrong about some of my initial views around GG or rather what you guys have been saying. So this is about the principle as I need to be honest for my own integrity 

So when the Alexander letter surfaced and GG started I didn't believe you were really feeling that white, male gamers were being targeted unfairly. I thought you were just resisting expected change. To be fair to me and considering  where I live and the history of Apartheid in my country its pretty hard to get support if you say " I'm a white male  and I'm being discriminated against  in the new South Africa " (even though it happens ) and also the reality of the world and where most of you live white males still control  the best positions in corporate and in politics and that  is not something we need to feel ashamed about as other factors contribute towards that 

Anyway none of this really reflects your perception...and thats what matters. You felt you were being attacked and vilified ...and there have been direct attacks against white, male gamers. I have come to realize whether I feel that white, male gamers were being blamed is not the point. Our demographic should have the same respect as other groups I defend. Especially considering the fact most of you guys aren't hardcore SJ campaigners in RL , you are just normal people who happen to game. Its not your fault that the gaming fanbase is mostly your group. 

I don't think of any of you are bigots or sexists, even though they do exist within GG,  yet what that initial Alexander letter did was suddenly make certain white, male gamers feel that they had done something wrong. I know what she meant and I know why she did it but it was the wrong strategy. Its not right in any SJ campaign to marginalize one group for  the benefit of others...and I know this may sound contradictory as I live in South Africa but we are talking about the gaming industry here and not a system of law. You have to look at this in context and what should have been asked is "what about the normal white gamers who are just here to play games " its not like they have any influence in game design   

So what does this mean. I'm not joining GG but I do accept the letter was unhelpful and should not have been posted. End of the day this has created a real dichotomy where I feel there didn't have to be.

I apologize for not understanding this. For me an important lesson has been sometimes blaming white people is  fundamentally unfair where its not accurate. So SJ causes need to be consistent in there criticism or they do lose credibility 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

looooooool

What a bunch of cretins.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Burce, your 'apology' is full of crap. It reminds of the guy you were just dissing. It is completely and utterly bull. But, it's typical SJW.  Make baloney accusations, attack people , then do damage control because you guys create a mess, realzie you went poo poo, and try to clean it up with fakeness.\

\

There's a reason why modern feminism is  so unpopular even amongst women and why SJWs are ridiculed despite SJWs having so much influence on the emdia - no wonder modern media is consgtantly mocked and found to be lying liars that lie. \

\

They don't care about truths just 'feels'. Not feelings. 'Feels'. Huge difference.

\

You don't threaten me with murder and mock my apparant death simply because of my race and gender and expect me to  kiss your behind and me to believe that you actually believe in equality when you do not. LMAO

\

Apology not accepted.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guys I need to explain something important that I have come to realize 

I know most of you probably don't care but  despite what you may think of my SJ views I try to be consistent and I am making this post as I was wrong about some of my initial views around GG or rather what you guys have been saying. So this is about the principle as I need to be honest for my own integrity 

So when the Alexander letter surfaced and GG started I didn't believe you were really feeling that white, male gamers were being targeted unfairly. I thought you were just resisting expected change. To be fair to me and considering  where I live and the history of Apartheid in my country its pretty hard to get support if you say " I'm a white male  and I'm being discriminated against  in the new South Africa " (even though it happens ) and also the reality of the world and where most of you live white males still control  the best positions in corporate and in politics and that  is not something we need to feel ashamed about as other factors contribute towards that 

Anyway none of this really reflects your perception...and thats what matters. You felt you were being attacked and vilified ...and there have been direct attacks against white, male gamers. I have come to realize whether I feel that white, male gamers were being blamed is not the point. Our demographic should have the same respect as other groups I defend. Especially considering the fact most of you guys aren't hardcore SJ campaigners in RL , you are just normal people who happen to game. Its not your fault that the gaming fanbase is mostly your group. 

I don't think of any of you are bigots or sexists, even though they do exist within GG,  yet what that initial Alexander letter did was suddenly make certain white, male gamers feel that they had done something wrong. I know what she meant and I know why she did it but it was the wrong strategy. Its not right in any SJ campaign to marginalize one group for  the benefit of others...and I know this may sound contradictory as I live in South Africa but we are talking about the gaming industry here and not a system of law. You have to look at this in context and what should have been asked is "what about the normal white gamers who are just here to play games " its not like they have any influence in game design   

So what does this mean. I'm not joining GG but I do accept the letter was unhelpful and should not have been posted. End of the day this has created a real dichotomy where I feel there didn't have to be.

I apologize for not understanding this. For me an important lesson has been sometimes blaming white people is  fundamentally unfair where its not accurate. So SJ causes need to be consistent in there criticism or they do lose credibility 

let me put it through knowyourmeme

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Burce, your 'apology' is full of crap. It reminds of the guy you were just dissing. It is completely and utterly bull. But, it's typical SJW.  Make baloney accusations, attack people , then do damage control because you guys create a mess, realzie you went poo poo, and try to clean it up with fakeness.\

\

There's a reason why modern feminism is  so unpopular even amongst women and why SJWs are ridiculed despite SJWs having so much influence on the emdia - no wonder modern media is consgtantly mocked and found to be lying liars that lie. \

\

They don't care about truths just 'feels'. Not feelings. 'Feels'. Huge difference.

\

You don't threaten me with murder and mock my apparant death simply because of my race and gender and expect me to  kiss your behind and me to believe that you actually believe in equality when you do not. LMAO

\

Apology not accepted.

Volo....thats  not very magnanimous. In life you should learn to accept an apology ....it will make you a better person  :yes:

John Milton 

The elephant in the room is the envy of the heterosexual white man. He seeks freedom, he seeks new frontiers, he is daring, he is assertive, he builds civilzations, he is the manifestation of the highest culture; only he can become genius. He makes no excuses and likes what he want. It doesn't matter what sumerians, babylonians, assyrians, mayans, pharaos, inca, mongols or wu did. He is the top dog now, and boy do they hate that ideal. He has all the virtues that they lack and try their best with their vices to put him down. But he pisses on their juvenile scorn and they hate him for it. Secretly, they wish to be him, or to be plowed by him. 

Man, am i drunk now.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Of course, narcisists like me can only love ourselves and i kiss my own biceps before going to bed. You have my permission to go back reading Adorno and cry about the imperialist music of Bach. 

Half-joking as always.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The elephant in the room is the envy of the heterosexual white man. He seeks freedom, he seeks new frontiers, he is daring, he is assertive, he builds civilzations, he is the manifestation of the highest culture; only he can become genius. He makes no excuses and likes what he want. It doesn't matter what sumerians, babylonians, assyrians, mayans, pharaos, inca, mongols or wu did. He is the top dog now, and boy do they hate that ideal. He has all the virtues that they lack and try their best with their vices to put him down. But he pisses on their juvenile scorn and they hate him for it. Secretly, they wish to be him, or to be plowed by him. 

Man, am i drunk now.

I thought it was quite deep ...but I'm very stoned  :thumbsup:

John Milton 

Man, am i drunk now.

1437512138328.gif

Kind of sounds like you want to be ploughed by him Meshugger.

Sigmund_Freud_1926.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Do you prefer cripple? Because thats way more fun to say than disabled or whatnot. All the "offensive" words tend to be the ones that are fun to say.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hahaha, quality research by anon:

3LJ5Rqo.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Yeah, the least they could do is use the square-drawing tool in paint to make neat red squares. Marginally more professional looking.

Anyhow, what the hell is even going on in that picture?

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive