Music. Must. Go on!

Blarghagh

Superunknown is one of the best rock albums ever made.

One "grunge" band that stuck with me is Screaming Trees. Although really only referred to as grunge because it was the area and time.

Yeah, Screaming Trees are a periodic listen for me, but I don't really think they are grunge either. Hence not mentioning them. Bands outside grunge that I still listen to from that era are The Butthole Surfers, Kyuss, Screaming Trees, Monster Magnet, The Melvins, and there are probably one or two I'm forgetting.

I agree about Superunknown being one of the best rock albums of all time, but I didn't want to get a debate rolling by being too hyperbolic, or taken as such. It's much easier to say it is definitively the best Grunge album, and/or the best rock album of the 90s.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1

The best Madonna ballad.

Agreed.

That song, along with the one below, were the ones that made me like her music. Prior to that, I couldn't really get into it. Though much of it has grown on me since. She had a lot of great tunes throughout the late 80s and early/mid 90s after this era.

Bonus:

Cover of the above, by smoking hot Alizee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JruXz3Zgh10

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

video

as enoch is aware, Gromnir ain't a jazz guy, but we do got a soft spot for herbie han****, and not just 'cause o' his death wish soundtrack.

apparent all our jazz favorites is cartoon related?  peanuts. fat albert.  weird... or groovy.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

video

as enoch is aware, Gromnir ain't a jazz guy, but we do got a soft spot for herbie han****, and not just 'cause o' his death wish soundtrack.

apparent all our jazz favorites is cartoon related?  peanuts. fat albert.  weird... or groovy.

HA! Good Fun!

Hard to find much fault with that-- I'm hardly alone in that many of my favorite classical compositions came to me via either Looney Tunes or Fantasia. 

Unrelated:

Edited by Enoch

Been listening to the Life Is Strange soundtrack again, and one intense track still stands out amongst all the easy guitar music (and electronic, but why-oh-why do they have to start their singing in that party track from the game's ending :/ )

• Like 1

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority