STEAM!

Rosbjerg

I still hate this newer format of Steam Sale...

What do youmean- the thematic style?

The lack of anything at all to look forward. The sale is here, and what you see on the first day is the same exact thing you'll see on the last day. No activities of any sort, either. All in all, it's just a miserable experience compared to the earlier years of these 'famed' Steam Sales.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I still hate this newer format of Steam Sale...

What do youmean- the thematic style?

The lack of anything at all to look forward. The sale is here, and what you see on the first day is the same exact thing you'll see on the last day. No activities of any sort, either. All in all, it's just a miserable experience compared to the earlier years of these 'famed' Steam Sales.

Also when most of the featured titles are 50% off or less when the appeal of the older ones was the 75-90% discounts, its kinda disappointing.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The games and activities were a neat idea I suppose - but as far as I'm concerned, a sale giving me a list of games at a discount publishers are willing to sell them for is precisely what I sort of want out of a sale, as opposed to a whole bunch of games being withheld from deeper discounts in order to become dailies or whatever. Because, after all, that's what I'm using sales for - to buy games for cheap. To play games I have ... Well, games.

And besides, the old approach was quite exploitative. "Here are our discounts, but they're not actually our discounts and you can get deeper discounts if you keep refreshing our main page!" Annoying.

Anyway, I'm buying Doom. The Demo has really impressed me. HEAR THAT, BETHESDA!? I'M BUYING DOOM OVER YOUR DEMO! KEEP IT UP!

Edited by Fenixp

Nah, it was fun. Made you return to the store. Now you visit then shrug your shoulders and don't have to look for stuff to buy for 14 days. Heck, weekly sales on monday are more enticing than this sale stuff.

Lacklustre sales doesn't help much either no. -20% is the new -75% :/

I still don't quite understand why people are actually joyous over this new system for "buying games for cheap", since infact you are MUCH more expensively off than during the heydays of dailies and flash. And if it REALLY bothered you for some reason, there's still the crap 14-day deal, you know, the one you are all fawning over now?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The games aren't much more expensive because of lack of dailies, they're much more expensive because, as it turns out, early deep discounts are kinda bad for long-term sales. As digital market grows and gets more established, expect deep discounts close to release be increasingly rarer concurrence. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but ... You know.

I use enhanced Steam on my browser. If any of the games I am interested in are at an all time low price, I will likely pull the trigger.

Bought some games, but I think that I have spent less than €30 and don't intend to buy much more from this sale.

I have Steam credit left, but that's being saved for Tyranny and Zero Time Dilemma.

I scooped up Axiom Verge during the sale.  It's insanely blatantly obvious that it's a Metroid clone.  In fact, if this game were any more like Metroid, the developers would be sued by Nintendo.  I'm honestly surprised that this was even allowed to release.  About the only things differentiating this game from Metroid is the main player character being male and him not wearing the Varia Suit.  Not that I'm complaining, since I freakin' love Metroid and Nintendo themselves seem to have no interest in releasing a proper 2D Metroid any time soon.  This may well be the closest thing we ever get to another proper Metroid.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

X-com Enemy Within pisses me off. How does a 2 year old expansion still go for 7.50 with a 75% discount?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Got Subnautica and Civ 4 for cheap. Havr Civ 4 on discs, but might as well get a backup.

Pretty meh sale so far. They should copy GOG and do an Insomnia sale once. That'd be funny to see.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Steam version of Civ4 is tricky to get working with mods, including the near-essential BUGmod. I tried and gave up, reinstalled from disc instead. No disadvantage these days because the final patch removed the disc-check DRM.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The Steam version of Civ4 is tricky to get working with mods, including the near-essential BUGmod. I tried and gave up, reinstalled from disc instead. No disadvantage these days because the final patch removed the disc-check DRM.

Never really played with mods. But will have to see what that Bugmod is about.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm, I bought these:

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey  
Dreamfall Chapters
Unreal Gold    
Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth  
Age of Empires II HD   
Painkiller: Black Edition    
The Deed    
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Battlefleet Gothic on sale, not very deep but what the hey.

So far I got:

• Civilization Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY
  • Pulse
  • Shadowrun Chronicles
  • Styx: Master of Shadows

Decided not to bother with Fallout 4. If I need a post apocalyptic open world fix I'll start another Fallout New Vegas campaign and for my Elder Scrolls fix there's ESO.

• Like 3

^Good choice. No interest in FO4 either, but I still play NV.

I'm not sure I'll get anything in the sale. Most indie games are too quirky and major published titles too stiff. Went with P:T and Arcanum on GOG for handy digital versions.

• 5 months later...

G-senjou no Maou, Pony Island, and Phantasy Star IV

Too much of a backlog to get anything else, but was sorely tempted. G-senjou is constantly and repeatedly recommended to me, so I decided to get it. The other two were less than a buck and also highly recommended.

I might get Comix Zone just to have the only other Sega Genesis game I'm interested in.

I already finished Pony Island and deleted it because the game encouraged me to. But there was so much left to do! I might have been tricked.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It was not likely to be a DDOS attack, given that the entirety of Steam - every last server in every country - went down at exactly the same exact time. It was like somebody pulled a plug that just turned everything off.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Dishonored 2 is 33% off, thinking about picking it up since a lot of folks enjoyed it here.  I've already got such a backlog though!

I just bought this, Im busy downloading it as we speak 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It was not likely to be a DDOS attack, given that the entirety of Steam - every last server in every country - went down at exactly the same exact time. It was like somebody pulled a plug that just turned everything off.

I can't get to it today either. That darn plug again...  :aiee:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."