JadedWolf

10404355_878226002234093_899494941856571

Whereas I will never pick up a physical book again if I can avoid it. I hate the feeling of paper, particularly book paper. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I love filling my library with real books. I always buy hardcover though, as i want them to last. For example, I have copy of Moby **** from the 1968 print and it looks damn awesome on the bookshelf (i also have other books that i haven't read yet, but atleast they look asesome as well).

But yeah, filling my library with new books makes me happy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

sex, drugs, and variouse kinds of music

To crush my enemies!

To see them driven before me!

To hear the lamentations of their women!

And laser equipped drones.

In no particular order.

Peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwiches

Dem gainz

Breakfast

Learning new ****

Getting **** done

Kicking back after no more **** needs doing

All this and

The smell of burning gasoline

Guns, preferably revolvers

Attractive women

Going 80+mph in the middle of the night while listening to an album, preferably some Stooges or Bowie

Vidya games

Defecating

Waking up after a night of hard partying and feeling the sun on my face

Brisket

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Buy a bunch of nice books to fill the shelves then read the e-book versions

Yeah that's kinda where I am these days

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Have you ever seen a sad person eating waffles? Because I have not.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

During my trip 'round Iceland I found this in Reykjavik:

bg_zpsd66fda6c.jpg

It's quite funny, during my last trip to York I noticed all of the street names ending in -Gate, such as Goodramgate, and upon further investigation found out it is simply the Old Norse for street. In the mentioned case: Guthrum's Street, one of the legendary sons of Ragnar Lodbrok. It quietly pleases me to walk through such history and see it enduring after a millenia.

I also recieved some good news today that made me quite happy, my lads maths has improved immeasurably. I attribute this to introducing him to the Fire*Wolf Demonspawn choose your own adventure novels, they have a lovely complicated mathematical method of resolving combat as well as some fantastic riddles, and since beginning playing them I have noticed him solving problems with far more efficacy. This has worked far better than his lessons, during which he is actually encouraged to use a calculator, which I find simply ridiculous as he was not even being taught his times tables.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

To beat you with

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Egyptian Cotton Sheets. That 500 thread count just makes for a luxuriously decadent feel. Perfect for when you just want to ignore the day and spend the morning reading in bed....

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had a cup of tea with an old friend of mine today. Boy, I tell ya. That **** can pick me up from the deepest of slumps, yet those things never cross my mind when I'm down. It's weird how we sometimes forget the things that make us happy, only to keep wallowing in misery through subconscious decisions.

im happy when all my time belongs to me and there is nothing that requires of me to unwillingly dedicate part of my time to it... like work for example

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Watching the worlds biggest motor sport event, the 24 hours of Le Mans is going to make me very happy. Happiness inbound in t-minus 8 days....

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbbFiTMn_ok

http://www.inquisitr.com/2146081/ronald-moon-jr-got-beaten-up-for-trying-to-make-a-community-center-in-his-cincinnati-neighborhood-but-the-internet-rallies-to-his-support/

I don't know, I thought it was pretty cool. Yeah, yeah, I know he's hardly the only one risking bodily harm to help people, but still. Thought about making a new thread but I figured it fits perfectly here. Happy thought quota reached. Now back to your regularly scheduled doomsaying...

(there's a fundraiser involved, apologies in advance if this goes against board policy on solicitation)

• Like 4

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

A piece of world news that I'm sure will provide some happiness to a few people..  (who aren't all burned out, jaded and cynical...)

EpicTimes - The Casts of Broadways The Lion King and Aladdin Got Stuck At The Airport - Naturally, They Had A Sing-Off

The casts of Broadway's The Lion King and Aladdin were flying from New York to Orlando and got stranded at La Guardia Airport for the length of two Broadway musicals. Naturally, it was only a matter of time before they started a sing-off, which looks like it was an amazing experience that stirred the hearts of the other passengers—except of course the stony hearts of airline workers, which can be touched by no man.

It's not the first time the cast of The Lion King has treated bystanders to a performance. They did it on the New York City subway back in August, and on an airplane last April. They must get so, so sick of these songs and the only way to have fun anymore is get them stuck in the minds of random strangers.

Mission accomplished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ajHZWDP_Vk

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Listening to a well-crafted piece played by skilled and creative musicians

Extra hard apple cider

Pulling out a victory by the home side at the end of a hard-fought game

Creating a visually appealing 3D model

Hiking to an alpine lake on a summer's day up where the air is thin and crisp

Steaming hot chimichangas

Solving a difficult and complex problem

Watching a good comedian do his act

Wisps of clouds clinging to the wooded hills on a cool autumn morning

The smile of a beautiful and intelligent woman

Feeling sharp after a good night's sleep

Being drawn into a good computer game

Getting together with the family on Christmas day

Finding out that somebody I've just met is honest and honorable

Staring up at the stars by a fire after the Sun has fallen

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Whats the plant for?

Ask and you shall receive the knowledge!

It's called vihta or vasta. It's made from silver birch branches. At sauna you keep it at separate water basket and occasionally (softly) beat yourself with it and occasionally put it on kiuas for one the best smells ever. It lasts one perhaps two sauna times.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

• 2 weeks later...