[Bug] Blade of the Endless Path quest won't continue

lurräven

Question

I hand Durstan all the parts of the Blade of the Endless Paths and the quest says I should return when it's finished. It's been 2 months in-game time and when I go visit him there is no dialogue options regarding it.

I handed the parts before the end of Part 2 and returned just before I went into the endgame place.

16 answers to this question

I was struggling with the same thing. This actually happens to not be a bug, you just need a high mechanic level on someone on your party (not sure how much, tho, but I got it with 9).

However, imo, it would be way more intuitive for this things to be found based on Stealth skills rather than Mechancis. Maybe Stealth kills to find, Mechanics to activate hidden controls.

This happened to me as well. Handed him the parts after I dealt with the Forge Knight attack, and after the fadeout he never gave me the blade. Waited weeks in game, and still no blade. Not even a dialogue option.

I tried uploading my save, but it's over the size limit.

Hello, Belsirk.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  Do you have a saved game and output log that you can upload to Dropbox?  Post a link here to the files so I can download them and take a closer look.  Thanks for your patience and support during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

@brutos Quest state 10003, b_blade_paths_Forged = 1 =  Player gave pieces to Dunstan

Your state should you give talknode 51 (which awards the blade) when approaching Dunstan. But that does not happen. It is triggered in the cutscene. But i have little insight in them.

Void StartConversation(Guid, String, Int32) Is called with these parameters bbe412f-d7e2-438b-a269-8e93c3d6ef38, Assets/data/conversations/02_Defiance_Bay_First_Fires/02_cv_Dunstan.conversation, 51

But if this happen (or not happen) on skipping the cutscene or something else i can not say.