What are you playing now?

Season two of The Walking Dead was a lot of fun, even if it had about half as many actual puzzles getlost.gif I think the writing and tension might top season one but I feel sliiiightly unsatisfied by the ending scene.

I know it's hard to beat the finality of season one but we just get Clem marching through fields of zombies again.

I'm also downloading the magical gigabyte which will unlock PoE, goodbye world.

Edited by WDeranged

Probably starting on Dreamfall Chapters, will give Cities a break (should also look into modding that). After that, I guess will progress my backlog queue.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For those who pledged, just wanted to ask about the extras like wallpapers, digital maps and concept art.  That hasn't become unlocked for anyone has it?  I only have the collector's book, cookbook and soundtrack?  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing where it might be on the product page.

Yep, all that stuff is unlocked for me on the backer site as well as GOG.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fallout 2 and playing Tragic: The Garnering with Wooz in Gecko, the Ghoul proceeds to tell me of his story of a skull in hell and I just have to believe that this is a prototype of Morte from Torment. Think i'll take a break and see if I can snag my copies of Poe from the backer site, I assume the rush has died down a little.

Edit: Oh no novella yet, ah well have to make do with reading the almanac.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I am four hours in and my first impression is that Pillars of Eternity is going to be my favorite game of all time.

:aiee:  :aiee:

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I only did the first few bits of PoE before I had to do a bunch of homebody things. What little I saw I liked, and it ran fine for me. Hoping to get more playtime in late evening/wee hours etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spent 7 hours playing Pillars of Eternity according to Steam. Save file says 6 hours but I have died a few times. Hard is proving to be hard. I keep making notes of places I should visit later on. So far, I got obliterated in a bear cave and in another area, some forest lurkers made me lol at how fast I died. I now have 4 out of 8 companions.

Eight hours into PoE and it's soooo time for bed.  Looks like the game really is that big...most of the time I was just exploring, reading and having conversations so I'm gonna be playing this for months  :thumbsup:

*edit*

Slightly bummed I was too late with the survey to get my name in the physical book but at least I'll make it into the actual game code at some point :(

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 1

PoE.  It's hard but I'm liking it so far. 

Why is there no hotbar and why is the spell bar so tiny. With all the autopause the action menus need to be more functional. If you have to cast '12 magic missiles' it would work better if they were just one click away, but its two, well, mouse over the grimorie first then click but it's the same difference.

Come to think of it, Why can't you queue up spells.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I managed to get an hour into PoE. May try for some more tonight, but I'm busy the next couple of days.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I am definitely not very good at PoE.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70176-what-are-you-playing-now/page-1 Old topic

I'm playing Vampire Bloodlines. I'm using Wesp's patch, too bad there aren't many mods for this game.

I'm in the middle of replaying as a Malkavian (for the first time). It's a bit on hold though. Right now I'm playing GOG release of Outlaws in Wine after working around some nasty crashes there :)

Wow, I haven't played Bloodlines in forever. Right now, I'm playing keeping up with the forum rush, and then it'll be PoE, but I'll keep Bloodlines in mind.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

PoE. Yeah, it's awesome!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

PoE.

It might sound a little strange, but I have to admit now that we've got a story to go with it and companions to meet, it's much more gripping than poking around the beta was.

My cipher drifter is being very rational, diplomatic, with occasional bouts of benevolence (and the odd stabby moment....)

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I can't believe the game actually runs (badly) on my notebook (N2806 @1.60 1.60 , 2GB RAM and intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail))

So I made a Death Godlike Cipher dissident who won the rebellion and is now hiding from the people she helped put in power.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Haven't gotten as much time with it as I'd like but enjoying PoE so far quick question when creating a character. does might or dex help damage more?

One small gripe. With two monitors, I wish the cursor would stick in the main screen more when dragging the screen. I have checked the box in options but that doesn't seem to "lock" it for some reason.

Yeah, encountering the same bug and a quick search in the tech support forum shows it's pretty much universal for multi-display users. It's slowing me down so much that I've stopped playing for now: hopefully the patching process for the game is nice and speedy, given no need to run things like this past a publisher or having to pay the console vendor to release it.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Not the same thing, but when I tried playing in a window the edge scrolling failed (mouse moves out of game window). Saw a setting re: edge scrolling, maybe that alters it. Haven't tried it yet tho.

I am so slow playing games like these...maybe 5 hours in and I just got Aldoth and finished initially running around the G. Vale. But I am going in very "blind." Monk first, who early on seems to keel over in 2 seconds, until you put a little armor on, but then she's not getting any Wounds and I feel like I may as well have made a fighter instead and...

But still impressed/liking the game, even if I am slow. I'm liking it more than I thought I would, actually ... that is, I can have concentration/focus issues re:games these days, so I was worried I'd have a hard time "getting into" a rpg like this anymore. But the exploration is fun and I'm enjoying myself a lot. Just taking it super slow.... :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Edge scrolling caused the game to ignore all my commands, turned that off and it works better. Paladin is a bit squishy, but I suppose I have a bad idea of what I am doing.