What you did today

Blarghagh

Just received the bullets I ordered a week ago, just in time since I'm going to test them tomorrow at the shooting range. Those are hornady A-max 155 grain tipped hollow points.
One of the most accurate bullets available, and devastating on game too. Great ballistic coefficient at 700 m/s and above, good consistent jacket thickness.

As far as I know its the favorite bullet of many police snipers in the US.

DSCF1382_zpslrixo0df.jpg

Shoulders? Youre a hairy beast Labadal! tongue.png

My shoulders start to fill in too.  :wacko:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You know Woldan, you are a glorious bastard, but I'm convinced you are slightly crazy. A true gun nut. I thought it was hard to get guns and ammunition in... Germany or wherever you live.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You know Woldan, you are a glorious bastard, but I'm convinced you are slightly crazy. A true gun nut. I thought it was hard to get guns and ammunition in... Germany or wherever you live.

I know I'm a complete utter fanatic in all my hobbies and that I might have a screw loose, or maybe a few more, I'm aware of that. 

You can still own guns in Austria, though the European Union in all its questionable glory fights teeth and claws to outlaw private ownership of firearms and pretty anything else that does not fit in their new twisted world order they're working so hard on. Their newest genius idea is a law that forbids private ownership of lead, a very obvious, cheap way rich on potential collateral damage just to ban ammunition that contains lead - which is about 99% of whats on the market. 

Edited by Woldan

Well, my mother has cancer and is making a few jokes about taking a walk with the grim reaper tapping on her shoulder. Also the whole "I'm not asking the doctors on if there's a timeline, but you can if you want".

My girlfriend seems to be recovering from brain surgery okay, but her dog is now going into liver/renal failure and is likely to pass on before the weekend is out.

One of my oldest friends has admitted that he might, perhaps, by chance need to go to AA and sort out some things in his life.

Plus a few other things are going on and juggling around. I seem to be internalising most of that at the moment rather than actually deal emotionally. This could be a very strange week.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ouch, Raithe!  I just went to a funeral on Tuesday morning.  Been a pretty morbid week.  I hope your mother recovers!  I can understand both joking in the face of death and internalizing it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wow Raithe this has been a bad time for you. Our thoughts are with you.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I know I'm a complete utter fanatic in all my hobbies and that I might have a screw loose, or maybe a few more, I'm aware of that. 

You can still own guns in Austria, though the European Union in all its questionable glory fights teeth and claws to outlaw private ownership of firearms and pretty anything else that does not fit in their new twisted world order they're working so hard on. Their newest genius idea is a law that forbids private ownership of lead, a very obvious, cheap way rich on potential collateral damage just to ban ammunition that contains lead - which is about 99% of whats on the market. 

I'm calling nonsense on that. There is a palpaple demand for stories about the nefarious rules of the common market, those things sell a lot of newspapers and allow people to collectively go 'hah ! I knew it'   90% turn out to be bull.

Of course that still leaves 10%. 

There are a few EU directives on firearms ownership that apply to all member countries and they seem pretty reasonable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/eu.php

The EU is all about the money and European manufacturers if anything have the upper hand as a lobby group. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You can call nonsense on that all day long, the inbound lead ban is part of the REACH regulations which is a new regulation regarding toxic and dangerous substances - look it up. Target shooters in my country and the firearms lobby stand united against the new regulations because it effectively means an ammo ban, only the hunters have openly claimed they welcome the new regulations since they would simply switch to non-tox brass projectiles. (Which is not an option for target shooting) . One of the few exceptions mentioned in the regulations is military materials meaning ammunition.  

Ammunition is a very small market here in Europe, almost insignificant in size. 3/4 of the ammunition and ammunition components produced in Europe go to the US. 

Edited by Woldan

Well, my mother has cancer and is making a few jokes about taking a walk with the grim reaper tapping on her shoulder. Also the whole "I'm not asking the doctors on if there's a timeline, but you can if you want".

My girlfriend seems to be recovering from brain surgery okay, but her dog is now going into liver/renal failure and is likely to pass on before the weekend is out.

One of my oldest friends has admitted that he might, perhaps, by chance need to go to AA and sort out some things in his life.

Plus a few other things are going on and juggling around. I seem to be internalising most of that at the moment rather than actually deal emotionally. This could be a very strange week.

Its normal to become emotionally numb when overwhelmed, the best thing might be to just accept the possible outcomes and spare oneself the anxiety. It is just that there isn't much anyone can do in those sort of situation. Hope they will pull through and you as well.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Bunch of friends going through problems now, must say is most annoying to be presented with problems without a good solution coming to mind.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I woke up with strange powers

But will you use them for good or evil? We'll have to wait and see.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Some of you know that my wife has chronic pancreatitis.  We never figured out how it developed (birth control was the best theory.)  Now I just read that a bunch of the cheaper wines in California have dangerous amounts of arsenic.  My wife enjoys a glass of inexpensive moscato most nights, and so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it.   :disguise:

Spring?

ppZ3Q8t.jpg

On the plus side, my boss wanted to leave 2 hours early to beat the snow, which means I got to leave 2 hours early...  and got paid for a full day.   :brows:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Had a magnificent time at the shooting range, the ammo I made was so accurate I broke my personal record of the smallest group ever shot at 100 meters, 5 shots center-to-center max spread of 6.5 millimeters / or 0.25''. I almost broke the shooting range record.

smallgroupwoldan_zpsowhzfjvv.jpg

Spring?

On the plus side, my boss wanted to leave 2 hours early to beat the snow, which means I got to leave 2 hours early...  and got paid for a full day.   brows.gif

I love those brick walls, reminds me of steam punk settings!

Edited by Woldan

If the rumors are true those walls will remind you of Fallout 4 too.

Thomas Sowell

Some of you know that my wife has chronic pancreatitis.  We never figured out how it developed (birth control was the best theory.)  Now I just read that a bunch of the cheaper wines in California have dangerous amounts of arsenic.  My wife enjoys a glass of inexpensive moscato most nights, and so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it.   :disguise:

Consumer Reports has done a lot of little reports over the years about arsenic levels in food, among other things. It's always a little disconcerting.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't you have some type of governmental food inspection agencies, and maximum legal concentrations of toxic substances in food? Maybe you should alert them to this.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Don't you have some type of governmental food inspection agencies, and maximum legal concentrations of toxic substances in food? Maybe you should alert them to this.

Of course we do.

But my impression is that they are woefully understaffed and likely often politically blocked, along with the usual notions of many many loopholes and ever changing ideas of what levels constitute enough of a danger to alter current production rulings, as well as whether a product is consistently overboard in general or if it's just a single brand, or if it's a "natural" byproduct and people should just not eat so much of it, and so on.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh btw, I think arsenic is not currently regulated in most food stuffs. Including rice products. It is regulated re: drinking water, I believe.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/01/fda-data-show-arsenic-in-rice-juice-and-beer/index.htm