The Funny Things thread

LadyCrimson

That seems odd, could you point me to the watercooler where that scuttlebutt originated.

Sony leaks of mails from Ike Perlmutter:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/marvel-ceo-not-so-hot-on-female-superhero-movies.html

To be fair to Mr. Perlmutter, the context of the email is unknown so it could be a misreading of the intent that's led to the scuttlebutt.

Or, I guess, maybe it's just odd to me, since I'm a dude for whatever reason, most of my Marvel books are female-starring ... Black Widow, Silk, Princess Leia, A-Force, She-Hulk, Angela of Asgard, Thor, Spider-Gwen if I'm honest but I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as Cindy Moon. I would literally have an aneurysm if Jennifer Walters cameos in the Civil War movie. Or Doctor Strange, or Captain Marvel, I can wait.

I tend to not care about the gender of the protagonists; story/storytelling is ultimately going to be what's important.  I think Marvel should have capitalized on Black Widow's popularity for a solo film. Instead they're hedging their first solo female hero by making it tie heavily into the existing mythology (since the Kree have factored into AoS and GotG).

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've heard that show is kinda like Seinfeld, only hyped up on speed and crack cocaine...the latter of factors which, so far, has made me stay away from the show. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

there was a debate about the CG quality of the new terminator movie, especially on the CG young Arnold at the start. one guy was giving a 50 line lecture on how the screenshot of young Arnold in CG (posted by OP) had poor textures, low resolution, bad implementation of the character in the scene etc... and then the bomb was dropped: the screenshot was from the original terminator and not the new

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

...debate where? :ermm:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

4chan of course... where else would you find trolling of that level?

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

4chan of course... where else would you find trolling of that level?

On these forums? :p

d12ecae07c76ca86fc5a2dd58990c33e.jpg

• Like 12

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra