The Funny Things thread

LadyCrimson

cj5l9niw8auouuf.jpg

Kind of got a laugh at how poorly chosen that bottom right image was. Or maybe it's a case of Trump showing his true colours.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I dunno... Some people trained themselves to fly commercial jetliners to do a bad thing. Which took a long time and money.

Because that was an inside job.

You don't even need drones to do a bad thing just a car full of propane tanks and fertilizer, send a few out to key locations and massive terror strike.

The only two reasons I can think of as to why they don't it is that either they are just opportunists that just want to cement their power bases on the Middle East or that they are incapable of even conceiving such an attack. The latter seems less likely as they often do this type of attacks on occupied territory.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I dunno... Some people trained themselves to fly commercial jetliners to do a bad thing. Which took a long time and money.

Because that was an inside job.

You don't even need drones to do a bad thing just a car full of propane tanks and fertilizer, send a few out to key locations and massive terror strike.

You don't even need a fertilizer, some radical Islam moron killed two people and injured many more (paralyzed) -including kids- when he steered his SUV into a group of people in a city not far from where I live. Had he not been stopped immediately one can only guess how many more he would have killed since his car only suffered minor damage from hitting those people. 

With a car you can run over a hundred persons in a crowded city in a matter of minutes before the police can even react. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Because sometimes, it can be all about the silly...

Variety - Lip Sync Dubsmash war between Agent Carter and Agents of Shield

* Note: Since they're twitter videos, they can't be directly linked in the forums, you'll have to go through the link to see them.

Over Comic-Con weekend, Hayley Atwell and “Agent Carter” co-star James D’Arcy waged a lip-sync war with the cast of “Agents of SHIELD” that has been blowing up social media for the past week.

After several days of back-and-forth videos using the Dubsmash app, the stakes were so high that the “Carter”

had to enlist backup from Captain America himself, Chris Evans, who finally put a stop to all the madness.

The complete timeline:

Team “Carter” tweeted a Dubsmash of this Oompa Loompa classic. Innocent enough:

“SHIELD” stars Chloe Bennet and Clark Gregg instigated the battle with this video of “It Takes Two”:

Team “Carter” signaled that they weren’t going down without a fight with this B-52’s Dubsmash rejoinder:

Team “SHIELD” retaliated:

Team “Carter” upped the ante with T-Swift:

Then the two gangs met for a face-to-face showdown:

Team “Carter” figured they had things sewn up:

But Team “SHIELD” pulled out what seemed like the knockout punch:

Until Team “Carter” called in a heroic cameo to, at long last, drop the mic. Game over:

Even better, Peggy and Cap finally got that long-overdue dance…

The moral of the story is, in a Marvel TV Dubsmash battle[/size]icon1.png, we’re all winners.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Quote of the Day: "Your popularity is falling faster than The Flying Graysons on bring your kid to work day"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's no joke.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It really doesn't even make sense that there isn't a Black Widow film in development.  ScarJo is a bigger name than both the Thor guy and Captain America.  She carried that weird Lucy movie to a huge box office take, so I don't get it.   :blink:   

Scuttlebutt is the bigwig for marvel doesn't think female starring super hero films will succeed. He supposedly had to be coerced to allow them to slate Capt Marvel

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That seems odd, could you point me to the watercooler where that scuttlebutt originated.

Or, I guess, maybe it's just odd to me, since I'm a dude for whatever reason, most of my Marvel books are female-starring ... Black Widow, Silk, Princess Leia, A-Force, She-Hulk, Angela of Asgard, Thor, Spider-Gwen if I'm honest but I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as Cindy Moon. I would literally have an aneurysm if Jennifer Walters cameos in the Civil War movie. Or Doctor Strange, or Captain Marvel, I can wait.     

All Stop. On Screen.