What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

What a horrible ending to Dying Light.  Apparently the developers were so enamored of their own climbing mechanics that they felt the need to make an entire final level dedicated to it.  And of course you couldn't even use the one thing that made climbing in the game less tedious -- the grappling hook.

And, just like with the previous "boss fights", the weapons/ammunition you collected throughout the game was rendered useless because you couldn't even use it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What a horrible ending to Dying Light.  Apparently the developers were so enamored of their own climbing mechanics that they felt the need to make an entire final level dedicated to it.  And of course you couldn't even use the one thing that made climbing in the game less tedious -- the grappling hook.

And, just like with the previous "boss fights", the weapons/ammunition you collected throughout the game was rendered useless because you couldn't even use it.

I didn't mind the climb since parkour and platforming is my jam, but the QTE boss fight was horrendous.  That's a trend that needs to die a fiery death right away.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

They make me wait this long to get Magneto and he can't even fly? There is no justice in Legoland...

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

More Pier Solar and the Great Architects.  One thing that really bothers me about this game is the complete lack of instructions.  There is nothing resembling an in-game tutorial, there is no in-game manual, no manual on GOG, and no manual on the developer's website.  Supposedly there was an actual physical manual for the original SEGA Genesis version, but I guess the developer never bothered making one for the new versions.  Now, I've played plenty of jRPGs, so I'm not completely clueless, but you look on the character page and the stats are PP, DP, AP, LP, MA, and MD.  How the **** am I supposed to know what any of that means?  Plus there is a gather system in the game that's never explained in the least.  How do you release a game with no instructions whatsoever?  Anyway, after searching for about an hour, I managed to track down a GameFAQ someone wrote up that explains all this stuff, but I shouldn't have to do that, there should be a manual included with the game.

As for the game itself, I'm having fun with it.  Combat is a lot better now that I actually understand how the system works (imagine that).  Also, the characters in the game have tons of charm and the game has a good sense of humor.  It also helps that the game hasn't fallen into the YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE THAT MUST SAVE THE WORLD FROM A GREAT EVIL trope, at least not yet.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can't seem to find New Game+ in the menu after I beat Dying Light's main story.  The only options seem to be "continue" and the option to start a new campaign.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can't seem to find New Game+ in the menu after I beat Dying Light's main story.  The only options seem to be "continue" and the option to start a new campaign.

Is there supposed to be a New Game+ ?  I just continued and kept doing challenges, side missions (which are, for the most part, much better than the main story missions anyway), and just parkouring around Harran.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Is there supposed to be a New Game+ ?  I just continued and kept doing challenges, side missions (which are, for the most part, much better than the main story missions anyway), and just parkouring around Harran.

I'd read on the internet there was.  Apparently you can play through the story again, but with all your weapons/inventory you've amassed, and with tougher zombies.

But I can't see a way to do it.

I've been playing more of FEAR 2.  This is something like the third time I've played it and I'm getting a bit bored.  I need a new game, but I don't want to buy one this close to the release of PoE.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'd read on the internet there was.  Apparently you can play through the story again, but with all your weapons/inventory you've amassed, and with tougher zombies.

But I can't see a way to do it.

I'm waiting for that first DLC to become available to non-Season Pass holders, the one with the 2 new extra hard quarantine zones.  I like quarantine zone challenges.  The other 2 DLCs that will come in the future (one with a bunch of outfits and weapons, and the other with an arena horde mode) don't interest me in the least bit.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I did a quick search for you:

fe98a10003.png

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Just picked up Sid Meier's Starships from GMG for $11.25 so they're my Starships now. March 12 and I can actually play it.

Been messing around with Offworld Trading Company. I've only done the tutorials but I'm digging those so far.

How is Offworld ?

Hard to say from just the tutorials and dabbling I've done but I like how they limit the amount of mines and factories you have. The games seem to be fairly fast paced and over comparatively quickly.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've been playing more of FEAR 2.  This is something like the third time I've played it and I'm getting a bit bored.  I need a new game, but I don't want to buy one this close to the release of PoE.

I really liked FEAR2 even though it was nowhere near as scary as its predecessor. (Although the elementary school basement creepyness wasn't bad) If you haven't already played the original FEAR give it a shot, Its damn good and the graphics are still absolutely acceptable.

*edit* Oh, and the FEAR2 add ons are fun.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I did a quick search for you:

fe98a10003.png

The load screen doesn't seem to have an option to "load" anything.  It gives me "continue", "start a new campaign", "be the zombie", and then a couple of other things that are option/credits/stats related.

I've never played the game, so I wouldn't have any idea. I hoped it'd help, but I guess not. Sorry! :(

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The load screen doesn't seem to have an option to "load" anything.  It gives me "continue", "start a new campaign", "be the zombie", and then a couple of other things that are option/credits/stats related.

Go to Play Campaign. Highlight your 100% game and press F.

Why would they do it this way I don't know.

Go to Play Campaign. Highlight your 100% game and press F.

Why would they do it this way I don't know.

The decision was probably made by the same person who thought those stupid boss fights were a good idea. ;)

I didn't really mind Tahir's boss fight to be honest. Yes they took away your items but I wasn't bothered by it too much. The last boss on the other hand... I just don't understand at all why modern game devs keep doing this.

I really liked FEAR2 even though it was nowhere near as scary as its predecessor. (Although the elementary school basement creepyness wasn't bad) If you haven't already played the original FEAR give it a shot, Its damn good and the graphics are still absolutely acceptable.

*edit* Oh, and the FEAR2 add ons are fun.

I've played all the fear titles more than once except for 3.  I probably should try out some addons. though.  Haven't done that with Fear yet.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Dragon Ball Xenoverse for this last week. It's a PSO/MonHun/Destiny type multiplayer co-op loot grind with "DBZ sim" mechanics designed by Dimps, makers of the Budokai games and co-developers of modern Street Fighter games... I do not have a shred of regret that I spent 50€ on this. This game is seriously addictive. Because you can get skills from the Dragon Ball universe (recreated with amazing care) as drops, the skinner box hits hard. Your very fighting style can change from a lucky drop.

Edited by Nordicus

Now that I've figured out how to play New Game+ in Dying Light, I'm realizing I don't really want to.  I finished all the sidequests my first time through, and the main quest story isn't nearly interesting enough to want to play through a second time -- especially when I know what kind of awful boss fights are in store for me.

I just don't know what to play now.  None of the games released within the past couple of months appeal to me.  Maybe I'll hibernate until The Witcher 3 is released.

Still Pier Solar and the Great Architects.  It's amazing how far a somewhat interesting story and a group of likable characters will go toward making me enjoy a game with otherwise meh gameplay.  I mean, the gather system does add a bit of depth to combat beyond what is barebones, standard, menu-driven jRPG gameplay, but it's mostly useless outside of boss battles, since regular battles don't last long enough to make sacrificing a turn to power up worthwhile.  Still, I want to keep playing since I'm invested in the characters.

I'm also still playing a bit of Dying Light here and there.  I'm almost done with all the side missions, but I have some challenges left, and maybe one more quarantine zone.  That DLC with the added extra hard quarantine zones can't come soon enough.  

Beyond that, I'm waiting for Pillars of Eternity.  I wonder of Pier Solar will be a long enough game to get me through to PoE's launch?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸