11 people killed at a French satirical Newspaper

Meshugger

well... another hostage situation, this time southern France - Montpellier, jewelry store.. details yet to follow, of who is responsible.

also i seems that female jihadist escaped from the kosher food house assault, so expect more "action"

Edited by Darkpriest

I don't know if I missed this from an earlier post in this thread, but it seems one of the police killed in the intiial attack just happened to be a muslim himself. Why dopeopel contuinue to defend these scumbag extremists? defending muslims. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't know if I missed this from an earlier post in this thread, but it seems one of the police killed in the intiial attack just happened to be a muslim himself. Why dopeopel contuinue to defend these scumbag extremists? defending muslims. LMAO

Well, one strategy would be to ignore ignorant racist remarks that apply guilt by loose association to nearly 2 billion people for the actions of a relative few.

And yea... it's been mentioned more than once in this thread already that one of the cops was a Muslim.

hmm some side news... seems that The Anonymous declared a cyberwar on islamic terrorists

Oh, good. So we can look forward to Anonymous hacking their machines, ruining the evidence chain, and destroying criminal prosecutions, just like they did with other criminals?

Vigilante justice ...away!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Aside: why is the word 'police' blurred out in this BBC news photo?

_80159819_office_google.jpg

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

hmm some side news... seems that The Anonymous declared a cyberwar on islamic terrorists

Oh, good. So we can look forward to Anonymous hacking their machines, ruining the evidence chain, and destroying criminal prosecutions, just like they did with other criminals?

i do not know french so i can hardly translate that properly and say what are their exact intentions. I assume lockout of various internet communication channels, but if so, this may do more harm than good, since the same channels might be monitored to gain intelligence on some people and possibly thus mitigate other risks.

on the other news, that jewelry store hostage situation seems unrelated to the other attacks. most likely  an armed robbery attempt that went wrong

apparently one of the terrorists was trained in Al-Qaeda camps in Yemen

EDIT: the president of France is a retard...

"the ones that committed these crimes have nothing to do with muslm religion. The attack on the supermarket was an act of anti-semitism "

The political correctness at its finest... peak of mount stupid...

I wonder if the policewoman shot on patrol by the same people who later attacked the supermarket was also a victim of non-muslim act of antisemitism (sarcasm)

Edited by Darkpriest

I think Hollande's public approval ratings are below 10%. He's the most moronic of the EU bureaucratic technocrats. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

i do not know french so i can hardly translate that properly and say what are their exact intentions. I assume lockout of various internet communication channels, but if so, this may do more harm than good, since the same channels might be monitored to gain intelligence on some people and possibly thus mitigate other risks.

on the other news, that jewelry store hostage situation seems unrelated to the other attacks. most likely  an armed robbery attempt that went wrong

apparently one of the terrorists was trained in Al-Qaeda camps in Yemen

EDIT: the president of France is a retard...

"the ones that committed these crimes have nothing to do with muslm religion. The attack on the supermarket was an act of anti-semitism "

I wonder if the policewoman shot on patrol by the same people who later attacked the supermarket was also a victim of non-muslim act of antisemitism (sarcasm)

She probably had internalized zionism.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It will sure be a shame once we decide to actually prosecute terrorists.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hollande is a monumental twot, but he isn't wrong on that. If the attack on the supermarket were carried out by a white supremacist christian it would not be labelled as a christian attack, it would be 'antisemitism' (a term I dislike for technical reasons, since arabs are semites as well). That attack would not be condoned and would be actively condemned by the vast majority of christians, and the actual attack has not been condoned and has been condemned by the vast majority of muslims. Blaming muslims in general for it would be as stupid as blaming New Zealand if one of the gunmen turned out to be from here and said they were doing it to avenge the Rainbow Warrior.

What, like the US government torturing people and imprisoning without trial for a decade+ (including of course a bunch of innocent people, some of whom are still held despite being known to be innocent) so much so that some cannot be tried the evidence is so contaminated and the accused are no longer mentally competent; or summarily executing people including innocents via drone. Well OK, they're not really alike.

What is it about Islam that seems to lend itself more easily toward these extremists?  Is it more easily wrongly interpreted (ie. more vague language in the Koran than the Bible or something)?  Are the teachings in the Koran more easily twisted to mean something that wasn't intended?

I'm genuinely curious why more often than not, these extremists/terrorists seem to be Muslim, as compared to the other religions out there.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think Hollande's public approval ratings are below 10%. He's the most moronic of the EU bureaucratic technocrats. 

A pinnacle of mediocrity?

-Elwood Blues

What is it about Islam that seems to lend itself more easily toward these extremists?  Is it more easily wrongly interpreted (ie. more vague language in the Koran than the Bible or something)?  Are the teachings in the Koran more easily twisted to mean something that wasn't intended?

I'm genuinely curious why more often than not, these extremists/terrorists seem to be Muslim, as compared to the other religions out there.

It is right now. Those of us who are a bit older recall people being murdered in sickening ways to 'free the proletariat'. And before that it was some bollocks about anarchism.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

it probably has more to do with recent history of the region (last 50 or so years) then with Islam. 

the big picture, probably, includes many factors: historical, religious, economical, sociological and political.

as an example, one person said in an interview, that in France it's common for young Muslims to get radicalized in prisons, which was likely the case for Hebdo shooters

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

People who are EU-sceptics and in the right wing ideologically will use this incident to highlight the failure of multiculturalism. But this terrible event definitely doesn't mean the end of multiculturalism., but it does raise an issue that countries like France now face.

Firstly almost the entire global  Muslim community has condemned this attack, so its not a case of  " Muslims actually support this type of action ". We know this terrorism was committed by Islamic extremists and they don't represent the broader Muslim community

And finally France is one of those countries that is an active target for fundamentalists. This exists for many reasons like their history with Algeria, there support for various UN campaigns like Libya and some of the recent laws they have passed that are seen to some as "Un-Islamic ". They have the largest Muslim community in Europe and add to that there social structures ( lots of disenfranchised Algerians live within France)  and geographical borders you can understand how they can easily become a target for various extremist groups

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims of this senseless violence 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

so, there's a version that says the whole thing was staged

http://newru.org/gollivud-na-elisejskix-polyax-ostorozhno21/

I know there are a  few people on these forums who subscribe to conspiracy theories but I find them  completely irritating and unhelpful. Its like they exist so people have an excuse to not realize the obvious truth and therefore don't have to worry about a solution

Do you know there are people who think that ISIS is an American and CIA created and supported organisation, thats right the same ISIS that the Americans are currently fighting in Iraq    :shrugz: 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

According to police there at least 4 hostages dead though, so not completely flawless :( 'at least' implies that some might be in critical state

I saw this earlier. :(

It turns out that four people were killed when the assailant entered the kosher supermarket, so technically not "hostages".

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I was searching for "False Flag", for the heck of it, to see another point of view, perspectives and so on and forth and I'm very skeptical about sensational mainstream media (because they can popularize whatever they want, for the benefit of only themselves, and they do fuel the confusion in doing so). I'm also very skeptical about any wannabe sensational conspiracy theorist, probably more skeptical about these people than the mainstream media to be honest.

But... Veterans Today did post some pretty interesting things still.

December 13th, 2014
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/12/13/historic-speech-in-damascus-sends-shockwaves-around-the-world/

January 8th, 2015
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/01/08/charlie-hebdo-viral/

Do I believe any of it? No. And yes. In the same way I believe that the attackers in France were radical Muslims, I also believe that the masked people seen in the first footages of the attack on Charlie Hebdo could've been anyone. I'm trying to be analytically objective, not conspiracy theorist.

How can one hold 2 contradicting views at once? By being neutral and analytically objective.

Edited by Osvir