392 Discussion

Sensuki

Have the bars above PCs in combat been removed?

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

I'm playing on Hard... Elder bears (Ogre encounter )stomped my party with systematic crits @ 250, even on a buffed up (hatchet,food,BB priest buffs...) BB fighter.
I managed to beat them with Slicken which perma knocked-down foes (making the fight ridiculously easy. no hard counter ?)

Yet ... the damage output and graze / crit range do not feel right.

Anyone else would like to see Sensuki as a killable npc in game?

:) I would like to see him as either a really boss antagonist or as a Master of Technology who sends you on a quest to find some exotic part and rewards you by increasing your mechanic skill.  Character to be voice by...Sansuki.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

^ With those tiny, mirrored sprites for player-controlled characters?

No, thanks. Give me BG1 sprites any time of day and night!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Do people really like the character sprites of Baldur's Gate? They look significantly worse than other games using character sprites released around the same time and even compared to other IE games (compare the Baldur's Gate character models to the drastically better looking ones from Planescape: Torment).

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

Do people really like the character sprites of Baldur's Gate? They look significantly worse than other games using character sprites released around the same time and even compared to other IE games (compare the Baldur's Gate character models to the drastically better looking ones from Planescape: Torment).

If we're talking BG1, then yes, I do like them. The design is simple but it looks good.

I agree Planescape: Torment had better looking sprites, but that game is quite ... peculiar, compared to other IE games (it even had unique sprites for every joinable NPC). Even then, mirroring them was a poor decision (mirroring is really lame).

BG2, on the other hand, changed player-character sprites to those mirrored, tiny, poorly designed ones that I really dislike. Quite unsightly.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes, I found the mirroring to be annoying as well, constantly switching sword and shield hands at every turn... That was one reason why I was slightly disappointed with Heart of Winter, which updated the IWD engine with the new sprites. Also, the inventory graphics of the shields, most noticably, did no longer fit their ingame appearance. The new sprites were animated more smoothly however.

And on topic: I judge the PoE models to be more detailed and to my liking than the IE animated sprites.

And PoE has evolved further with the new patch :) My first impressions are: definitely better than before! More icons, better level ups, backer characters less obstrusive, better inventory... Haven't started to fight yet however. I wonder how that goes this time.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Anyone else would like to see Sensuki as a killable npc in game?

Is it bad that I would love to see something similar to what they did with Lanfear?

I think that for the damage they do, beetles are exactly the right size.

For pathfinding purposes they are too big. They should tone down their size a bit. Wood Beetles actually used to be smaller, and they increased their size :/