What you did today

LadyCrimson

Went to see an awesome goth rock band play last night, today nursed an epic hangover on my dad's couch and then, in a strange fusion of the two, watched an awesome nurse play on a couch with her rescued bunny.

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Dachshunds were bred to be hunters that would go into badger dens, canine tunnel rats. Mine, however, are still planning on how to break into the fridge

They were also bred to be annoying little ****s in the presence of strange people they've yet to meet.

So ? That reaction is called for in the presence of potential enemies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey Leferd, I'll trade to a great all position player and a so-so shortstop for a so-so catcher and two of your best prospects. Sound good? 

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/106088942/rays-trade-ben-zobrist-and-yunel-escobar-to-as-for-john-jaso-and-two-prospects

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nice little storm we are having over here. Trees flying left and right. Still didn't stop me from going out and have a pizza with a soda. If I had died, it would have been worth it. The kebab they had was completely new and I was the first to get a piece of meat. How do I know it was completely fresh and new? Having worked at pizzerias and having uncles that have run their own pizzerias and restaurants for 20+ years. I am now siting comfortably on my computer chair. Going to have the NFL on the TV in the background while I am playing games and/or browsing the net.

I was driving home from the hockey rink today, and saw someone I knew panhandling on the median.  This guy was playing minor league hockey last year.  Now they don't make much at the level he was playing, but he is still a young guy in good shape, I would think he would have better options than begging on the side of the road.  I was shocked.  I would imagine there is more to the story.

• Like 1

I was driving home from the hockey rink today, and saw someone I knew panhandling on the median.  This guy was playing minor league hockey last year.  Now they don't make much at the level he was playing, but he is still a young guy in good shape, I would think he would have better options than begging on the side of the road.  I was shocked.  I would imagine there is more to the story.

Injury? Drug taking for the pain?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Injury? Drug taking for the pain?

Drugs would be my guess, sadly.  

I watched this horse **** and then determined it would be a good time to brush up on my existentialism studies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PE_bTOKKc

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Woke up all super-handsome this morning. Scruffy, unshaven, killer bed hair. I was like, hmm, maybe this whole "accepting yourself" thing pays off in the mirror once in awhile. No shower, I couldn't bear to murder the hair. Stayed in pajama pants until 5pm, played Dragon Age. Worked extra hard all week, so, today's stretching made me feel pretty happy about our trim level ... not ripped, or buff, just fit, good core. 

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Dear hubby: I love you but if you complain one more time about how you're tired/hate getting old etc but then do nothing but sit in the recliner watching 8 hours of TV a day, I'm going to stop listening. Just buy that sports car already, k? K.

Today I went for my walk, raked the back lawn, made some noodle stir-fry (real noodles, not top ramen), tussled with a spastic cat whose new thing in life seems to be claw-climbing the back of the couch like he's rock-climbing Mt. Everest, cleaned the house, and generally tried to keep my mind busy. Now time for a couple hours of video game, then some zz's. Which is the best part of the day. The zz's that is, not the video game. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dear hubby: I love you but if you complain one more time about how you're tired/hate getting old etc but then do nothing but sit in the recliner watching 8 hours of TV a day, I'm going to stop listening. Just buy that sports car already, k? K.

Today I went for my walk, raked the back lawn, made some noodle stir-fry (real noodles, not top ramen), tussled with a spastic cat whose new thing in life seems to be claw-climbing the back of the couch like he's rock-climbing Mt. Everest, cleaned the house, and generally tried to keep my mind busy. Now time for a couple hours of video game, then some zz's. Which is the best part of the day. The zz's that is, not the video game. :)

Force him to start lifting weights, good for the Testosterone. Might help with the mood.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

8 hours of TV per day, his brain must be already melting out his ears, I can't even watch 8 minutes without feeling my IQ dropping as rapidly as a shot airliner loses altitude. Not to mention I'd feel sooo hangoverish all the time. Its really none of my business but could it be that your husband is depressed? Sounds like it to me. 

Force him to start lifting weights, good for the Testosterone. Might help with the mood.

Hey f*** you, its my job to suggest lifting! verymad.gif

Seriously though, he is right. A good way to get your husband to start lifting or doing sports is slightly denting his ego, make subtle suggestion that he would be more of a man if he had some level of athletic skills. That kind of subtle criticism correctly applied works 9 our of 10 times. Doesn't matter if you don't think that way, just tell him for the sake of his health. 

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

8 hours of TV per day, his brain must be already melting out his ears

That's how he feels 24/7 regardless. I joke about the sports car but I think it's likely apnea sleep deprivation. Like living on 2 hr. sleep a day, only for decades. When he was young it wasn't bad - took him hours to "wake up" in the morning but hobbies and new experiences/goals kept him moving/motivated. By his 40's mental/physical energy slid drastically as more and more he feels like he never "wakes up." Hobbies slowed/stopped, TV increased, etc. which makes it worse. And yes, I'm sure he finds it depressing. It is a little better in summer vs. winter (cold/long nights don't help).

A good way to get your husband to start lifting or doing sports is slightly denting his ego, make subtle suggestion that he would be more of a man if he had some level of athletic skills.

Hubby is part Vulcan - he'd just calmly lift an eyebrow and ignore you. :lol:

He's not into sports or most gym routine type stuff (just likes hiking, or swimming, mostly) but has always wanted a good rowing machine. We don't really have room for one...they're usually so big now (the water ones are cool, tho). He thinks about building one himself, so it could be smaller, but that requires energy/motivation. >.> Maybe I can figure out how to make room, somewhere.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He's not into sports or most gym routine type stuff (just likes hiking, or swimming, mostly) but has always wanted a good rowing machine. We don't really have room for one...they're usually so big now (the water ones are cool, tho). He thinks about building one himself, so it could be smaller, but that requires energy/motivation. >.> Maybe I can figure out how to make room, somewhere.

Rowing can be done with a simple barbell, no need for expensive machines that need a lot of free space. You just have to split it into two parts:Bent over barbell rows and front squats. I love those two exercises, performed correctly they build serious mid-back and core strength. (with low reps and high weights)

Edited by Woldan

I've noticed that I've been more ornery on here since I changed my signature to this. Maybe I should change it back. It's a nice in-joke to the claims that I was a "roach infiltrator trying to subvert the human race" (it's a quote from the "bug" from Men In Black) but it's very negative. "Now we can relax" was a much more calming statement.

In other news, I'm making plans to tour German themeparks with a bunch of friends in the summer. Super excited since Germany has Phantasialand and Europa-Park, which are by far the best theme parks in Europe.

I finally broke down and bought a new laptop after fighting my old one for the last couple months.  The power jack is not working well.  I've replaced it once before, two years ago, and now it is bad again.  I already opened it up to see if there was anything I could do, but it doesn't have any loose wires or anything obvious.  Most likely the whole port needs to be replaced, and I'm not comfortable removing it and welding on a new one.  I could take it back to a shop, but they'll charge me at least $100 for that.  Given that it is already struggling to meet the requirements of new games, I figure it isn't worth putting more money into it.  I got an MSI laptop that looks decent, has the GTX870M in it so it should get me through a few more years.

I also need to buy a new PC, but I don't feel like spending the money. Maybe next year.

But what if there won't be a next year? 

DU-DUN-DUUUUN! 

That's true. That is why I am not overthinking the purchase of a new PC right now. I'm working with what I've got. I'd buy it mostly for new games, but most of the ones that require higher requirements are also available on the PS4.

That is all the reason I need to make a drink, thanks brb

Good. I know that kind of thinking seems funny and counter-productive at first, but people die left and right totally unexpectedly in accidents or develop mortal illnesses out of the blue.

My neighbor who was a healthy happy relaxed guy with big plans for the future just got diagnosed with the worst form of leukemia, just like that.

A week before he got his first chemotherapy he was walking his dog and we had good laughs and beer at my porch. Frightening.

Got rushed into the ICU the previous night with Mengitis (infection in the brain), I got treated within 4 hours of the outbreak and even thrs I've never felt worse in my life.. They told me they were close ro putting me into coma for 3 days until my rebound this morning... Close call it seems.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeouch. I'm glad to read that you dodged that bullet Ros, are you home now or writing from hospital?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Good that you got better. Meningitis is no joke.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra