What you did today

LadyCrimson

Back to work today. Albeit a half day.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

First day at work again. For the first time in many years, I actually spent Christmas with family which was nice. Not that getting drunk with friends doesn't have its charm, but it's a nice change of pace.

Sort of in a strange pensive mood these days, probably related to not having anything to do for a few weeks other than relaxing. Of course, you can sit and reflect too much. I started on a trip down memory lane, thinking back on a long and eventful life... probably doing things that 99% of people only think of and a few maybe dream of doing. You realise you are getting older when even the most exciting memories drown in the tidal wave of memories and the story is simply too long, so you can't be bothered to actually sit and enjoy your memories, it's simply "tl;dr;" :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Coworker's dad died last week, about the only guy left here I am friends with too. Will be a bit awkward to deal with, but hopefully a bunch of us will get a card if our useless office manager doesn't beat us to it first. Gotten bitterly cold too, nixes my plans to go out and enjoy the sunlight, reading (sitting idle in -10 C weather with wind is a poor idea).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been playing with the IKEA kitchen planner. Since I need to buy a new kitchen, that seemed the easiest way to not screw up too badly. It's actually pretty neat and warns you against the most glaring errors before you commit yourself to them ;)

Yeah, Germans are funny like that, like turtles, they pack up their entire household when they move, that sometimes include everything not welded, cast or superglued to the apartment.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Combo of gaming, holiday, and insomnia = sleeping schedule that is really messed up. I mean, I'm usually a late-night person as it is, but this is getting silly even for me (in that it's lasting so long/I can't break it). It's funny how even if you get enough sleep hours-wise, when it's gained at weird times (for you personally), it doesn't feel the same at all. I'm all discombobulated.

And Gorth, that sounds like something I might do. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I decided I wanted something positive of the game community and sent a praising e-mail to Telltale Games.

I immediately regretted it because it was simply badly written. Really needed a complete revision and some planning.

Maybe after Tales of the Borderlands episode 2 comes out I can find the excuse and they'll have forgotten that rambling piece of crap.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Crazy day fighting with my school since they don't want to consider me a resident even though I live, vote, pay taxes, and own property in Denver and have for many years. Apparently, the driver's license is the be and end all of what makes a resident. In the end I won but only on a technicality.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Going to Dallas for work on Thursday. Plano actually but it's the same thing. I'm thinking of driving. I hate flying these days. It's more trouble than it's worth.

The upshot it I'm going to Texas Land & Cattle for dinner. Every night.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Looking for those 10 pounds I lost so ordered a pizza and am going to watch Galavant and maybe a movie. At least that's the plan. I might get distracted again.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Going to Dallas for work on Thursday. Plano actually but it's the same thing. I'm thinking of driving. I hate flying these days. It's more trouble than it's worth.

I am VERY envious, I have never been to Texas and I desperately  want to. I have watched loads of cooking shows about parts of Texas so I would also be eating Texas barbeque every night as well ....have a rack of ribs for me  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Disappointed with Canada winning today.  But will still troll coworkers with them almost blowing a 5-1 lead.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Disappointed with Canada winning today.  But will still troll coworkers with them almost blowing a 5-1 lead.

Whats the reason again you  don't support your country?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am VERY envious, I have never been to Texas and I desperately  want to. I have watched loads of cooking shows about parts of Texas so I would also be eating Texas barbeque every night as well ....have a rack of ribs for me  :dancing:  :dancing:

Memphis was way better for BBQ for my money.  I did have a pretty awesome steak in San Antonio though.

• Like 2

I live about 15 minutes from there. If you have any questions, ask away.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Disappointed with Canada winning today. But will still troll coworkers with them almost blowing a 5-1 lead.

Whats the reason again you don't support your country?

No reason to. And watching sports fans here whine and excuse defeat is always good fun. Hell it is even fun to watch Arsenal fans do it, some fools crying over defeats and so on.

Disappointed with Canada winning today. But will still troll coworkers with them almost blowing a 5-1 lead.

Whats the reason again you don't support your country?

No reason to. And watching sports fans here whine and excuse defeat is always good fun. Hell it is even fun to watch Arsenal fans do it, some fools crying over defeats and so on.

i'm sorry to ask this but don't you feel natural patriotism to your country? That would be a reason to support Canada?

John Milton 

What's natural about patriotism?

Well you live in a particular country, you are citizen of that country. Don't you automatically just support them in international sports events?

John Milton 

Well you live in a particular country, you are citizen of that country. Don't you automatically just support them in international sports events?

No. Well, some may. But sports? Not really a patriotic thing (where I am). Just a fan-thing.

i'm sorry to ask this but don't you feel natural patriotism to your country? That would be a reason to support Canada?

Nope, I don't.

Sometimes I wonder how you can have incredibly generalized and oversimplified views like this. People are varied, not all of them care about sports and not all of them think the personal accomplishments of athletes reflect on a country. Some might dislike the personalities of players involved and root against them, others might simply not be proud of their country - do you assume all Ukrainians will root for their "home team"? Quite a lot of people I know get so annoyed with overblown soccer mania every time there is a championship that they actively support the opponents. Even without that, most people I know aren't overly patriotic - it's not like you had a choice in where you were born, after all. Even the ones that are won't just blindly support something. A person can be proud of some things a country has done while not being overly fond of how they are doing now, for example, and in some cases people can even actively hate their country.

No. Well, some may. But sports? Not really a patriotic thing (where I am). Just a fan-thing.

Nope, I don't.

That's disappointing, I don't get how or why a person wouldn't support the country they are a citizen of in an international sports event. I get people don't like sports but I don't get the lack of support.

And Malc I guess you right, I do still judge people  :p 

John Milton 

Sometimes I wonder how you can have incredibly generalized and oversimplified views like this. People are varied, not all of them care about sports and not all of them think the personal accomplishments of athletes reflect on a country. Some might dislike the personalities of players involved and root against them, others might simply not be proud of their country - do you assume all Ukrainians will root for their "home team"? Quite a lot of people I know get so annoyed with overblown soccer mania every time there is a championship that they actively support the opponents. Even without that, most people I know aren't overly patriotic - it's not like you had a choice in where you were born, after all. Even the ones that are won't just blindly support something. A person can be proud of some things a country has done while not being overly fond of how they are doing now, for example, and in some cases people can even actively hate their country.

Oh sure, sometimes there are reasons to not support your country. During Apartheid many people use to support other countries outside of South Africa. But Ukraine is not the same as Canada. Anyway this must be cultural difference, its just normal for me to always support South Africa in sports and every single person I know feels the same 

John Milton 

I usually support the most likable, innovative and fair team, I couldn't care less about their nationality. (In motorsport, its the only sport I watch)

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.