Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

The sequel hook is awesome, can't wait for more story.

I'd only agree with that if there's an expansion that builds upon those hints.  If it's going to be addressed in a future game 3 or 4 years down the road, I'm not a fan of these unresolved plot points.  Largely because as we've seen from previous Bio games where there are "cliff hangers" or unexplained events to come, they always end up falling short.  Either the plot gets forgotten or marginalized (Morrigan with the Old God Baby).  The only time these cliff hangers get acceptably fleshed out is through an immediate expansion/DLC.

I'd actually prefer if they just wrap up all loose ends by the end of a given game.  That way they're not tying their hands when the next game comes around, and don't have to include stuff that may not fit the new story, just so that the old story no longer has any unresolved storylines.

I'm hoping there's a DLC investigating what is going on in the Anderfels, then a "Wolf Hunt" DLC similar to Witch Hunt but looking for Fen'Harel.

I think the overarching story of the games is the wrath of the Elven gods, and if the next game is going to Tevinter (conveniently right next to Arlathan) then that would be a perfect plot point to pick up.

I just think Mythal and Fen'Haral are such interesting entities they deserve more than a DLC to cover them. They deserve entire games.

Anderfels needs to be an entire game. You could give the Grey Wardens the Inquisition treatment, most have disappeared and now you're the new First Warden managing Weisshaupt. Have to recruit new Wardens and re-establish the order.

Bonus points for being the region with the only other Dwarven kingdom.

That does sound great, especially since the Anderfels is a region dominated by the Grey Wardens.

As a huge fan of the elves in Dragon Age, I definitely appreciated the huge **** ton of elven lore revelations, but sadly the Dwarves seemed completely neglected in this game.

Ok fine...but just look at this, only 10 minutes...watch the last part

This is the evidence on how suck the game is

You really love to hate this game, don't you?

It's the only warmth she'll ever know.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

They clearly never bothered to test the game, no beta testing, and they don't care, the very same mistake they did in the past two games of the same series, that is why Cory can be killed in less than 30 seconds, how come the last battle that is supposed to be climatic end in less than 30 seconds?

That's BROKEN mechanic, they never calculate it and they never test it. They sell untested product and that's not ethical.

I don't understand why consumers that is gamers are so defensive about the company they love, a game is not just a game you know, Bioware is a company who sell their product, you guys are customer, the consumer. They lie and lie and lie to you guys, and you guys allow them, that is why they turn out ugly

I don't blame them, but now i see the reality of gaming industry, even though my country don't have it yet, but thanks, i can see how it goes....

Customers always right you know

They clearly never bothered to test the game, no beta testing, and they don't care, the very same mistake they did in the past two games of the same series, that is why Cory can be killed in less than 30 seconds, how come the last battle that is supposed to be climatic end in less than 30 seconds?

That's BROKEN mechanic, they never calculate it and they never test it. They sell untested product and that's not ethical.

I don't understand why consumers that is gamers are so defensive about the company they love, a game is not just a game you know, Bioware is a company who sell their product, you guys are customer, the consumer. They lie and lie and lie to you guys, and you guys allow them, that is why they turn out ugly

I don't blame them, but now i see the reality of gaming industry, even though my country don't have it yet, but thanks, i can see how it goes....

Customers always right you know

http://youtu.be/yrotsEzgEpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"They clearly never bothered to test the game, no beta testing, and they don't care, the very same mistake they did in the past two games of the same series, that is why Cory can be killed in less than 30 seconds, how come the last battle that is supposed to be climatic end in less than 30 seconds?"

Eh. Plenty of end bosses can be killed within 30 seconds if you 'cheese'. Including plenty of BIO games. And, the ones who cna't are usually vheesy with ridiculous amount of HP . See your precious DA1.

And, BIO never 'lied'. Don't lie.

"a game is not just a game you know,"

False.

A game is just a game. PERIOD.

"Customers always right you know"

I hoep this is sarcasm because this simply isn't true.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm 40 hours in and its one of the best games I've ever played, I'm enjoying it immensely. Even though the combat is sometimes a bit messy and its hard to see whats going on (plus there is too much of it) the characters, the visuals and the lovely crafted maps are totally worth it. Also the codex entries and easter eggs made me chuckle on more than one occasion.  Its not perfect but damn its good. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Upcoming Patches and Features for Dragon Age

Priority 1 – Patches

We’re committed to providing long-term gameplay and stability improvements. We have already released a Day 1 Patch, and in December we will release our second patch. We expect the patch to roll out on PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360 on December 9, 2014. We are working hard to get Patch 2 out on Xbox One as soon as possible.

Patch 2 is focused on stability, but does include numerous improvements and fixes across the board. Full patch notes will be available soon, but generally Patch 2 includes fixes to:

Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.
Beyond Patch 2 we’ll continue to release patches that focus on gameplay improvements. We’ve already lined up a number of improvements and fixes we’d like to include in Patch 3, and of course we’ll continue listening to you to make sure we’re addressing your concerns.

I wanted to call out a few specific topics as well, as they relate to patches:

Keyboard & Mouse controls – Patch 2 includes the first range of fixes towards addressing the feedback we’ve received on the PC controls; it cleans things up so you’ll see fewer problems with the current layout. This gives us a more stable base upon which to work. After Patch 2 goes out, our next priority is to improve the PC mouse/keyboard controls further. We’re investigating how to expand on PC usability and functionality to address specific requests from the community. Keep an eye on this thread by Mark Darrah for more updates.
Some people have reported problems with party banter firing. To find out more about how the Banter System works please go here. We have also identified that in some edge scenarios, banter isn’t firing as often as we’d like, so we’ll be increasing the percentage chance of it happening. This increase will come after Patch 2.

Priority 2 – Features and content

As massive as Dragon Age: Inquisition already is, there were some things the team wanted to get in at launch, but we just ran out of time. We’ll be creating these new features and content and adding them into your game over time because we love our DAI players. Multiplayer will also be receiving regular content updates.
Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Priority 1 – Patches

We’re committed to providing long-term gameplay and stability improvements. We have already released a Day 1 Patch, and in December we will release our second patch. We expect the patch to roll out on PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360 on December 9, 2014. We are working hard to get Patch 2 out on Xbox One as soon as possible.

Patch 2 is focused on stability, but does include numerous improvements and fixes across the board. Full patch notes will be available soon, but generally Patch 2 includes fixes to:

Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.
Beyond Patch 2 we’ll continue to release patches that focus on gameplay improvements. We’ve already lined up a number of improvements and fixes we’d like to include in Patch 3, and of course we’ll continue listening to you to make sure we’re addressing your concerns.

Keyboard & Mouse controls – Patch 2 includes the first range of fixes towards addressing the feedback we’ve received on the PC controls; it cleans things up so you’ll see fewer problems with the current layout. This gives us a more stable base upon which to work. After Patch 2 goes out, our next priority is to improve the PC mouse/keyboard controls further. We’re investigating how to expand on PC usability and functionality to address specific requests from the community. Keep an eye on this thread by Mark Darrah for more updates.
Some people have reported problems with party banter firing. To find out more about how the Banter System works please go here. We have also identified that in some edge scenarios, banter isn’t firing as often as we’d like, so we’ll be increasing the percentage chance of it happening. This increase will come after Patch 2.

As massive as Dragon Age: Inquisition already is, there were some things the team wanted to get in at launch, but we just ran out of time. We’ll be creating these new features and content and adding them into your game over time because we love our DAI players. Multiplayer will also be receiving regular content updates.

Nice, very nice

This is fitting in nicely with my " only play a game once the first patch is released"  timetable

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A couple of those patch notes make me happy -- assuming they're referring to what I hope they're referring to.

Two issues I've had in both play throughs so far:

1-Party banter, or lack of any.  I'll be walking all over the map and they'll maybe converse one time.  Hopefully that is what's getting fixed.

2-Dialogue freezes in cutscenes.  The biggest offenders (that I've noticed) for me have been Stroud's dialogue during the main quest at Adamant fortress, and Dorian's dialogue in Skyhold when discussing stuff with him.

If even those two things are fixed, I'll be a happy gamer.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Sort of hope the DLC options has more "Skyhold" wardrobe options that include being able to walk around with my character's combat get-up. Kind of don't like the idea of my Qunari inquisitor walking around buttoned up and would prefer if she looked properly "Ordo Hereticus" complete with jackboots like this piece of concept art here:

dragon_age_inquisition_qunari_female_bos

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Priority 1 – Patches

Still no walk button for keyboard LOL. 

:banghead:

Killed my first dragon, yay, the Ferelden Frostback. Took me three tries, I tried once before last week but made so little progress it doesn't count.

The first time I got to about stage two and don't remember why I died. Second time I got all the way to the final stage before wiping. This emboldened me for a third time where I stocked up on fire resistance potions.

Overall they're the best dragon fights of the franchise and I feel the Souls games are the only ones that are particularly better.

After beating one you get a special drinking celebration with Iron Bull, the approvals pushed me towards actually getting conversations with him. And I got an operation to celebrate the victory, which is cool.

Now that I have full run of the Hinterlands, I can also say that the mosaic collection is bugged. There's one piece that nobody can find anywhere. There's another piece that's in an area you're not supposed to be able to access. Just getting to it can make you fall out of the world.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Now that I have full run of the Hinterlands, I can also say that the mosaic collection is bugged. There's one piece that nobody can find anywhere. There's another piece that's in an area you're not supposed to be able to access. Just getting to it can make you fall out of the world.

All the pieces of one collection are not always in the same area.  You're probably right about the ones in Hinterlands, though.

And yeah, the dragon fights are pretty well done. Thankfully different dragons also use different tricks. The Fereldan Frostback is actually quite hard despite it's level because of the tricks it uses.

Next you can aim for the personal achievement, beating the FF on Nightmare, before Skyhold (and without abusing bugs :p ).

Edited by MrBrown

I'm on the last 3 dragons at that Du Lion place and I have to say the Frostback has been the toughest so far. Likely because I'm playing a KE and at high levels they are pretty much invincible.

Anyways new patch is out.

I just faced and killed Mrs. Frostback.  Definitely one of the best dragon fights in any game and easily the best fight in a game with such overall crappy combat. I'm sure eventually DA3 dragon fights will get boring since there is a relatively large number of them though.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I haven't killed my first dragon yet (Level 13), I tried to kill the Dragon in Crestwood but after hacking away at the front legs for 15 minutes I went into tactical camera and realized I only managed to get the health down by 1/3. 10800 health points, are you kidding me?  :blink:

I eventually got bored and retreated, too tedious. 

At which level are you supposed to go dragon hunting anyway?

Edited by Woldan

Haven't tried the other dragons, I did Hinterlands at 12/13 too. I'd imagine though since you can technically get to it without opening the other areas up, it'd be weakest of the lot.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If you guys are doing the Ferelden Frostback at 12 or 13, you better tell me you're doing it on Normal.

Or I will hate you. I did it level 15 on Hard.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."