Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

"Bioware is no Bethesda for sure."

Agreed. BIO's worst is still a billion times better than Bethesda's best. That's for DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN sure.

Bethesda is better than Bioware, in my opinion, at last they know what they do, only that it is good or not, people like it or not. Bethesda have their own identity, we know it's Bethesda game. Bethesda don't copy anyone. Skyrim and Fall Out 3 proved to be the best game ever.

Bioware comes with an attitude but their games still suck and become more suck, they lost their identity to become like Bethesda, and fail utterly. Bioware also copying many things such as Japanese manga anime making their games unoriginal anymore. Bioware want to become something else not even themselves anymore.

Bethesda don't bother about LGBT things, or atheism things, or current political things, they make games for games, but Bioware now become a tool of propagandas

Edited by Qistina

Pushed through quite a bit. There is a problem with staggering:

Picking the new Divine. Two options are given right away and the third doesn't happen until near endgame. IMO all should be available at the same time.

It's more complex (confusing) than even that.  I'd had a dialogue discussion with one of the candidates, told them I'd support them and they'd be perfect for the role.  But the end slide show had another person picked for that position.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is it better to try and fail, or to not try at all? Bioware vs Bethesda writing compares thusly.

Bioware writing is not good either, it's just medicore, i can say KotOR 2 from Obsidian have better writing than any Bioware games.

Well, games means business, they should not try anything from an established games, if they want to try, make it on kickstarter game, not on established product. Dragon Age have been established as it was, fans like what being established, only need few upgrades, not changed into something else.

What Bioware did now is like Metallica want to become Linkin' Park but failed at that

Agreed. BIO's worst is still a billion times better than Bethesda's best. That's for DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN sure.

Bethesda don't bother about LGBT things, or atheism things, or current political things, they make games for games, but Bioware now become a tool of propagandas

Don't you think its important that development companies start to recognise and be more inclusive around SJ issues like what the  LGBT community is asking for?

Its not like its in your face and ruins the game but at least Bioware allows same sex relationships for that part of the fanbase?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Bethesda is better than Bioware, in my opinion, at last they know what they do, only that it is good or not, people like it or not. Bethesda have their own identity, we know it's Bethesda game. Bethesda don't copy anyone. Skyrim and Fall Out 3 proved to be the best game ever.

Bioware comes with an attitude but their games still suck and become more suck, they lost their identity to become like Bethesda, and fail utterly. Bioware also copying many things such as Japanese manga anime making their games unoriginal anymore. Bioware want to become something else not even themselves anymore.

Bethesda don't bother about LGBT things, or atheism things, or current political things, they make games for games, but Bioware now become a tool of propagandas"

No.

"Don't you think its important that development companies start to recognise and be more inclusive around SJ issues like what the  LGBT community is asking for?"

No. Compaies should be focused on making games they want to make not the minority of racist sexist mass murdering scumbag  nazis groups like the SJWs who don't give a crap about 'social justice' but prefer to  bully women and get them fired while threatening to kill them.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"

"Don't you think its important that development companies start to recognise and be more inclusive around SJ issues like what the  LGBT community is asking for?"

No. Compaies should be focused on making games they want to make not the minority of racist sexist mass murdering scumbag  nazis groups like the SJWs who don't give a crap about 'social justice' but prefer to  bully women and get them fired while threatening to kill them.

Volo would it possible to leave the grandstanding of the GG thread in the GG thread so we can discuss issues like inclusivity without all this hyperbole?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If youa re gonna bring your SJW agenda into a game discussion  so you can grandstand  your side I will do the same. If you don't I won't.

\Instead of focusing on actual game quality you wanted to discuss 'social justice' and 'LGBT'.  That's silly. And, now you want to discuss me. I'm irrelevant. if you want to discuss Volourn make a thread in off topic to discuss that loser. This thread is to discuss Dragon Age 3. Capiche?

ON TOPIC: Varric is still awesome.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Don't you think its important that development companies start to recognise and be more inclusive around SJ issues like what the  LGBT community is asking for?

Its not like its in your face and ruins the game but at least Bioware allows same sex relationships for that part of the fanbase?

If i am a game developer, i don't give a damn about all these things, i make a story and i make a game, i sell it, that what i do. I will not allow my work become a propaganda tool of the real world.

if they want to make a game to please LGBT groups, why not include everyone....Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs...blind people, deft people, disability people and so on?

"i representing all Muslims, please Bioware make a Muslim good and accepted in your game and not a terrorist", why not? "I am a Christian, please Bioware make a game with Christian value, Lord Jesus is our Savior and will save us all!", why not? "i have only one hand, please Bioware make a game that can be played with one hand", why not?

Bioware is clearly a propaganda tool, why slective group being pleased in their games now?

Does the main character have any option to "reject" such thing? No? That's the problem, if they include it, LGBT people will call it "homophobia". They don't include it because that is their agenda, you must accept LGBT things in Thedas, in their game world, they must include that, and you must accept it.

That is why it is a bad thing, and that's not justice

Edited by Qistina
  • Like 2

If they want to make LGBT things, they don't have to justify it in their game, DA:O is fine, those who want gay sex scene, they got it, and that's fine.

But in DA:I it's different, one of the companion quest is LGBT issue, Dorian conflict with his father is LGBT issue, so what you want to say? "it's fine Dorian, being gay is okay, and you sir should accept your son being a gay" or what?

That should not be in the game, whatever we as players think or thought about LGBT issue should no be in the game

That is not fair they put the player in that situation, so if we reject it we are a homophobic? Or if we choose to agree in the game does that mean we agree with LGBT agenda? If we don't care does that mean we allow it but just don't want to think about it?

How about other stuff in the real world being put in the game and the game put you in the situation. It can be of anything, could be it religion, culture, ideology...why must they put us in that situation?

In Qunari horn as "militant Islamic borg" issue, they justify it saying "that's how medieval people see Muslims", so why not portray gays in medieval mind? Dorian could be stoned or hanged or burned in medieval time

Anyone who write like this on BSN will got banned or topic locked, that's clealy show their intention

If they want to make LGBT things, they don't have to justify it in their game

I havent bought the game yet(waiting for bargain bin deals), but pretty much agree with that sentiment. I liked how it was handled FO:NV. I.e. a non issue, it simply "was" and nobody seemed surprised or awkward because of it.

I generally prefer games to be games and not the tooting horn for various lobby groups. Just sayin'. Reality is bad enough sometimes, games are supposed to be fun and remove you temporarily from reality (if it does its job well)

Meh, enough side tracking. Some day I'll probably get the game and discuss specifics (although i suspect its fate will be the same as Witcher II)

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They're good at different things. Bethesda does the open world adventure thing better. They present their lore in game better in the form of books you can pick up. The make the world fun and interesting to explore, they allow you to ignore the main quest altogether. They allow you to play how you want.

Bioware doesn't have a whole load of those aspects down yet. I think Bioware's open world was generally a failure, they don't know how to populate a huge world and make it as interesting as Bethesda does. 

If i am a game developer, i don't give a damn about all these things, i make a story and i make a game, i sell it, that what i do. I will not allow my work become a propaganda tool of the real world.

if they want to make a game to please LGBT groups, why not include everyone....Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs...blind people, deft people, disability people and so on?

"i representing all Muslims, please Bioware make a Muslim good and accepted in your game and not a terrorist", why not? "I am a Christian, please Bioware make a game with Christian value, Lord Jesus is our Savior and will save us all!", why not? "i have only one hand, please Bioware make a game that can be played with one hand", why not?

Bioware is clearly a propaganda tool, why slective group being pleased in their games now?

Does the main character have any option to "reject" such thing? No? That's the problem, if they include it, LGBT people will call it "homophobia". They don't include it because that is their agenda, you must accept LGBT things in Thedas, in their game world, they must include that, and you must accept it.

That is why it is a bad thing, and that's not justice

I am probably misunderstanding your point because its a language translation issue

But how exactly is Bioware creating propaganda? Just to be clear the definition of propaganda is where you use misinformation to  discredit or destroy something

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/propaganda

So I'm confused about what Bioware is trying to destroy? How is implementing gay relationships in an RPG  a form of propaganda?

John Milton 

Just to be clear the definition of propaganda is where you use misinformation to  discredit or destroy something

Did you even read the dictionary article you linked? :)

Propaganda is about making others believe what you believe. To achieve your goals you may spread incomplete or biased information but it's not the point. Even if you don't withhold information or misinterpret facts it's still propaganda if you're actively pursuing any kind of political agenda.

---

But I think criticizing DA:I for pushing LGBT supremacy ideas and having correspondingly tokenized CNPCs is really not necessary. I hate SJW crap as much as any sane gamer next to me but we must admit that DA:I is just a terribad game with or without its political agenda. Even if stripped of all controversial content it would be just as bad. The combined weight of other issues would still drag it down to garbage level. Heck, "gather X of Y" quests alone are enough to never touch this game with a 10-foot pole (unless you like the idea of playing a singe-player MMO for some reason).

Edited by prodigydancer
  • Like 2

Just to be clear the definition of propaganda is where you use misinformation to  discredit or destroy something

Did you even read the dictionary article you linked? :)

Propaganda is about making others believe what you believe. To achieve your goals you may spread incomplete or biased information but it's not the point. Even if you don't withhold information or misinterpret facts it's still propaganda if you're actively pursuing any kind of political agenda.

---

But I think criticizing DA:I for pushing LGBT supremacy ideas and having correspondingly tokenized CNPCs is really not necessary. I hate SJW crap as much as any sane gamer next to me but we must admit that DA:I is just a terribad game with or without its political agenda. Even if stripped of all controversial content it would be just as bad. The combined weight of other issues would still drag it down to garbage level. Heck, "gather X of Y" quests alone are enough to never touch this game with a 10-foot pole (unless you like the idea of playing a singe-player MMO for some reason).

Did you read the definition I posted ? I'll quote it directly

"the organized dissemination of information, allegations, etc, to assist or damage the cause of a government, movement, etc"

So I'll stand by my definition as its from an English dictionary :geek:

And I'll ask the question again " how is the optional inclusion of same sex relationships propaganda "

John Milton 

The sequel hook is awesome, can't wait for more story.

I'd only agree with that if there's an expansion that builds upon those hints.  If it's going to be addressed in a future game 3 or 4 years down the road, I'm not a fan of these unresolved plot points.  Largely because as we've seen from previous Bio games where there are "cliff hangers" or unexplained events to come, they always end up falling short.  Either the plot gets forgotten or marginalized (Morrigan with the Old God Baby).  The only time these cliff hangers get acceptably fleshed out is through an immediate expansion/DLC.

I'd actually prefer if they just wrap up all loose ends by the end of a given game.  That way they're not tying their hands when the next game comes around, and don't have to include stuff that may not fit the new story, just so that the old story no longer has any unresolved storylines.

I'm hoping there's a DLC investigating what is going on in the Anderfels, then a "Wolf Hunt" DLC similar to Witch Hunt but looking for Fen'Harel.

I think the overarching story of the games is the wrath of the Elven gods, and if the next game is going to Tevinter (conveniently right next to Arlathan) then that would be a perfect plot point to pick up.

I just think Mythal and Fen'Haral are such interesting entities they deserve more than a DLC to cover them. They deserve entire games.

"the organized dissemination of information, allegations, etc, to assist or damage the cause of a government, movement, etc"

And I'll ask the question again " how is the optional inclusion of same sex relationships propaganda "

Bruce... I think the issue was with your interpretation. I've bold faced the most common (in my little world) use of the word propaganda. I.e. usually to promote an idea (or "agenda"), not to destroy governments. But this is really a discussion for another thread wink.png

Edit to add: From the same link, the origin of the word (supporting the idea that its about spreading a message):

C18: from Italian, use of propāgandā in the New Latin title Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide Sacred Congregation for Propagating the Faith

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The sequel hook is awesome, can't wait for more story.

I'd only agree with that if there's an expansion that builds upon those hints.  If it's going to be addressed in a future game 3 or 4 years down the road, I'm not a fan of these unresolved plot points.  Largely because as we've seen from previous Bio games where there are "cliff hangers" or unexplained events to come, they always end up falling short.  Either the plot gets forgotten or marginalized (Morrigan with the Old God Baby).  The only time these cliff hangers get acceptably fleshed out is through an immediate expansion/DLC.

I'd actually prefer if they just wrap up all loose ends by the end of a given game.  That way they're not tying their hands when the next game comes around, and don't have to include stuff that may not fit the new story, just so that the old story no longer has any unresolved storylines.

I'm hoping there's a DLC investigating what is going on in the Anderfels, then a "Wolf Hunt" DLC similar to Witch Hunt but looking for Fen'Harel.

I think the overarching story of the games is the wrath of the Elven gods, and if the next game is going to Tevinter (conveniently right next to Arlathan) then that would be a perfect plot point to pick up.

I just think Mythal and Fen'Haral are such interesting entities they deserve more than a DLC to cover them. They deserve entire games.

Anderfels needs to be an entire game. You could give the Grey Wardens the Inquisition treatment, most have disappeared and now you're the new First Warden managing Weisshaupt. Have to recruit new Wardens and re-establish the order.

Bonus points for being the region with the only other Dwarven kingdom.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bruce... I think the issue was with your interpretation. I've bold faced the most common (in my little world) use of the word propaganda. I.e. usually to promote an idea (or "agenda"), not to destroy governments. But this is really a discussion for another thread wink.png

Edit to add: From the same link, the origin of the word (supporting the idea that its about spreading a message):

C18: from Italian, use of propāgandā in the New Latin title Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide Sacred Congregation for Propagating the Faith

Yes the word can mean you want to to spread a message, like Goebbels and his propaganda ministry, or propaganda can mean you want to damage something through your words

Either definition can be applicable but that's not really what I want to focus on. I still want someone to explain to me how Bioware is spreading propaganda ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

It's not propaganda, it's just BioWare clumzily catering to a very vocal minority.

Of course this way you'll never capture the Skyrim/Call of Dooty/Battlefield crowd.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

If i am a game developer, i don't give a damn about all these things, i make a story and i make a game, i sell it, that what i do.

What you would do in an entirely hypothetical situation doesn't amount to much.

It's not unheared of, or even rare, for people engaged in artistic endeavors to want their creations to have a meaning. The ones that do are often valued more for the attempt.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's not propaganda, it's just BioWare clumzily catering to a very vocal minority.

Of course this way you'll never capture the Skyrim/Call of Dooty/Battlefield crowd.

Thank you for answering

A question, Bioware like all companies is expected to make profit. And obviously there gaming formulae of inclusivity is working because they continuing with it so that must mean sales of there games are good. So don't you think in fact its not a vocal minority that want inclusivity, like the  LGBT crowd, but the majority of fans who are happy with the direction that Bioware is going?

Because surly if the majority of fans were unhappy with Bioware games they wouldn't be supporting them financially?

John Milton