Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Also, is there a meta-game tip for an ideal time to leave the Hinterlands, or, not. Asking for a friend who suffers from completionism.

The main story quests have recommended level ranges, and for the side areas, you can just go in and check the enemy levels. Storm Coast and Forbidden Oasis are about the same level as Hinterlands, the somethingsomething Mire is higher.

Hopefully, Bioware will produce a patch that will adjust the TacCam zoom so you can do THIS:

dai_zoom_415.jpg

Allegedly that was done with a hack but it has caused repeated CTDs and may cause problems with the game locking from Denuvo. 

Disclaimer:  Use any third party software at your own risk. 

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Also, is there a meta-game tip for an ideal time to leave the Hinterlands, or, not. Asking for a friend who suffers from completionism.

The main story quests have recommended level ranges, and for the side areas, you can just go in and check the enemy levels. Storm Coast and Forbidden Oasis are about the same level as Hinterlands, the somethingsomething Mire is higher.

Actually, the Oasis has level 12 enemies that will rolfstomp you if you're at a lower level.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Hopefully, Bioware will produce a patch that will adjust the TacCam zoom so you can do THIS:

dai_zoom_415.jpg

Allegedly that was done with a hack but it has caused repeated CTDs and may cause problems with the game locking from Denuvo. 

Disclaimer:  Use any third party software at your own risk.

And a bigger ability bar, 8 is just too damn tiny.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

I can't seem to find a path that will allow me to reach the North/Eastern part of the Exalted Plains.  There's this massive wall of rock that seems to divide that part of the map from the rest of the Exalted Plains.

I've managed to get the Inquisition engineers to open that blocked path, but it only seems to lead to that underground thing with the statue and light puzzle (which I can't seem to solve).  Is that the only way through?  By solving that puzzle?

Can you provide screens?

I know exactly what you are talking about up until the statues and light puzzle.

• Like 1

Actually, the Oasis has level 12 enemies that will rolfstomp you if you're at a lower level.

Well, yeah, most of the areas have variance in monster difficulty.

Nobody has reached the Exalted Plains and can answer my question?

I just went back to it and yeah it's past the light puzzle

Edit: You can also get there just by taking the north passage that is east past the camp

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Watching the waves crash on the Storm Coast is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a video game.

That they are. The water effects look great.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I can't seem to find a path that will allow me to reach the North/Eastern part of the Exalted Plains.  There's this massive wall of rock that seems to divide that part of the map from the rest of the Exalted Plains.

I've managed to get the Inquisition engineers to open that blocked path, but it only seems to lead to that underground thing with the statue and light puzzle (which I can't seem to solve).  Is that the only way through?  By solving that puzzle?

Can you provide screens?

I know exactly what you are talking about up until the statues and light puzzle.

Nobody has reached the Exalted Plains and can answer my question?

I just went back to it and yeah it's past the light puzzle

Edit: You can also get there just by taking the north passage that is east past the camp

Yeah, I saw that second path today after attempting that map again.  I don't know how I missed it the first time.

This game is big.  Every time I think it's nearing the end, another map with more quests opens up.  Even the companions.  They have dialogue after random stuff and if I don't check back with them, I miss it (almost missed out on Josephine's "personal sidequest" because I hadn't spoken to her since first moving to the shiny new place).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Redcliffe sure looks different from the last time I saw it in DA:O.

Now I'll have to make a decision with the mages.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Seems I've run into two of the major (maybe more annoying than major, I suppose) bugs so far.

1-Dialogue during cutscenes gets tied up, where nobody says a thing and I have to keep hitting "skip scene" to get the dialogue wheel to finally show up.  I don't know how much of the actual dialogue I end up missing, because the game just pauses with the scene focused on one of the people I'm talking to with him/her not saying a word for around 15 seconds until I hit skip.

2-My companions don't banter all that much.  I saw online that that's not supposed to be the case, that the companions have constant banter back and forth when in my party.  But mine will talk maybe once every couple of hours, and only for a short time.

Both seem to be relatively widespread issues, so hopefully they get fixed.  I'd be more concerned if I got a rare bug that BioWare wouldn't feel necessary to patch since only a few people get it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I got the first bug once. Reloading first. It happened  to me when I road my horse into Redcliff.

I've had no issue with the 2nd one. They banter quite a bit. In fact, in Valammar alone which i just finished I probably had nearly half a dozen of them.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

2-My companions don't banter all that much.  I saw online that that's not supposed to be the case, that the companions have constant banter back and forth when in my party.  But mine will talk maybe once every couple of hours, and only for a short time.

I don't think that's necessarily a bug. While they do sometimes banter more often, it's not at constant intervals or anything. 2 hours seems a bit long, but I've definitely gone for an hour without any banter.

The amount of banter in general seems just right for me.

On the topic of bugs, the biggest one I had was where everyone refused to speak any of their lines; I got the subtitles, and it wasn't a sound issue as everything else played alright _and_ their mouths didn't move. Had to re-install for that one. I'm running below min-specs though, so my experiences are probably not very valid.

I don't think that's necessarily a bug. While they do sometimes banter more often, it's not at constant intervals or anything. 2 hours seems a bit long, but I've definitely gone for an hour without any banter.

The amount of banter in general seems just right for me.

On the topic of bugs, the biggest one I had was where everyone refused to speak any of their lines; I got the subtitles, and it wasn't a sound issue as everything else played alright _and_ their mouths didn't move. Had to re-install for that one. I'm running below min-specs though, so my experiences are probably not very valid.

From what I've read online, it is a bug.  Some people (who aren't experiencing it) are seeing a TONNE more banter than those of us who aren't.

Played a large chunk last night.

I wish the Knight-Enchanter's Spirit Blade was a sustained that changed basic attacks, it's a bit tedious to constantly select it.

Modify weapons and armor should give you access to companion's equipped stuff.

Modify weapons and armor should give you access to companion's equipped stuff.

It's probably the clunkiest menu in the game. Well, maybe after the tactical view. The top of my please-patch-this-list.

Edit: Especially since I play Nightmare, and want every edge I can take; so I have to use it often.

Edited by MrBrown

Got my PS4 yesterday and started playing. After a couple restarts trying to figure out what character I wanted, I finally ended up with a female qunari warrior that doesn't look like crap. Actually looks better out of that horrible green character creation light.

I got 2 hours in, just to the formation of the Inquisition.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hold a button and something awesome happens.

It's fine IF DA is made for console and Bioware declare the game is no longer "turn based" D&D type

But they didn't, they want their base fans money, even it can be refund but they already got it for rolling their resource

My opinion about game after 117 hours of play

Game is buggy as hell. Game crashers regularly on badly formed Direct3D call, I would guess that problem is in some effect in game as crashing happens in some maps more often than others. And it probably don't show itself on all the settings, but sadly it do on setting which game runs best on my computer. There is problem in loading NPC on the maps, as sometimes NPCs are missing on the map, this is most notable in Skyhold. There are lots of scripting problems in the maps especially if you don't follow linear paths in quest solving in maps where you have already opened alternate paths. PC controls suffer from lack of polish and sometimes game has hard time to let player click objects. Minor conversation can go in state where player can accidentally move away them or attack enemy or NPC if they use keyboard short cuts. Game general performance level is poor, and game has unexplainable drops in frame rate in areas where there should be none.

Combat gameplay is acceptable but not anything special or really enjoyable, although I have played game so that I try complete every side quest that there is which is caused my characters be 7-8 levels higher than is recommendable in main missions and combat has become non-challenging and effortless thing that one can't even argue to take any time. Even hardest dragon in the game was easy pickings. Tactical combat view is quite useless in actual combat, although it helps when you need to revive you party members, which I haven't needed to do in long time. Tactical combat view works well to go around interface bugs in click-able objects like wheels. Tactical view probably become more useful in combat in highest difficulty and friendly fire setting turned on if you don't do all the side quest and level your party to too high level.

Exploring game play is ok, but collecting every singe collectible that there is becomes very tiring if you missed them when you first explored some area. I would say that they should take example from AC4 and give player ability to unlock location for every collectible item or even better not to but them in the game in first place as they don't really fit in the theme of the game.

Story is typical Bioware product, it is compelling enough to follow through, but also it's not literal master piece, although in game writing it is in top end of AAA games.

Party members and their dialogs are probably best part of the game, which is typical thing for Bioware product, although there is not necessary enough that to support going through all the side content fetch missions. Romance plot lines seem to have much lighter tone in this game than what in previous Bioware products. And Bioware seems to added more Garrus style friendmances in the game.

So final verdict game is compelling, but buggy and PC version suffers from lack of polish.