Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

I'm waiting for verification myself, but it does seem(from my biased POV) that one side seems to be crying wolf much more than the other.

Well for example the guy who claims he was attacked and now cannot talk about it...ya but you can post a selfie, no? Got scars? Show em.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'm waiting for verification myself, but it does seem(from my biased POV) that one side seems to be crying wolf much more than the other.

Well for example the guy who claims he was attacked and now cannot talk about it...ya but you can post a selfie, no? Got scars? Show em.

Not sure, I've never been involved in an assault investigation. When the facts are public is when I will accept it as fact. At the very least, I'll give the dude a day after being kicked out of his former residence to get his footing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

If it's true, then he probably is one of the smartest victims- because you really don't post stuff about your own investigations, like various women did in the past. Everything you say about it makes it easier for the other side to prepare for whatever comes to them.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

TIME had to remove the word "feminism" from the poll of words people would like to see gone.

It was wining by a landslide... 53%

EDIT:

The shirtgate may as well be the turning point in this war. The crazies are out for all to see now.

Edited by TrashMan

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

BTW just a reminder, Ubisoft has a writer who called GamerGate a bunch of "terrorists."

Far Cry 4? Yeah...let's not buy it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

...and another article about shirtgate:

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/17/its-time-to-push-back-against-feminist-bullies/

When University of Tennessee law professor Glenn Reynolds simply wrote an op-ed for USA Today criticizing the feminist bullying, he was accused by feminists of egregious behavior, including “doxxing” — the practice of revealing a person’s private information for the purpose of intimidation. When people pointed out that there was literally not one shred of evidence to support the claim that Reynolds had done any such thing, claims were revised to (falsely) say he’d encouraged “his flying monkeys” to misbehave. Feminists tried to suggest that Reynolds’ employer should be upset about what he wrote.

Now where I have seen these sort of accusations before?

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

TIME had to remove the word "feminism" from the poll of words people would like to see gone.

They removed it from the poll? Cowards.

I know, right? I'd call for freedom of speech and tell them to go F... themselves because I am not remoing any word.

...and another article about shirtgate:

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/17/its-time-to-push-back-against-feminist-bullies/

When University of Tennessee law professor Glenn Reynolds simply wrote an op-ed for USA Today criticizing the feminist bullying, he was accused by feminists of egregious behavior, including “doxxing” — the practice of revealing a person’s private information for the purpose of intimidation. When people pointed out that there was literally not one shred of evidence to support the claim that Reynolds had done any such thing, claims were revised to (falsely) say he’d encouraged “his flying monkeys” to misbehave. Feminists tried to suggest that Reynolds’ employer should be upset about what he wrote.

Now where I have seen these sort of accusations before?

I know, right? I'd call for freedom of speech and tell them to go F... themselves because I am not remoing any word.

No its probably the right thing to do because it may create the wrong impression that feminism is a bad thing

And these polls are really based on peoples emotional response, like saying EA was the worst company in the USA..even worse than cigarette companies, so the results don't always paint an accurate picture

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No its probably the right thing to do because it may create the wrong impression that feminism is a bad thing

I got some bad news for you...

I got some bad news for you...

Don't leave us in suspense! What's the bad news?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

BruceVC

I think you get things twisted around. It cannot create impression that feminizm is bad, the voting is a reflection of general public sentiment. If it is downvoted, it means that general populace has enough of the overuse of the word and wiping a bad mouth with it everytime when you try to justify hateful spite. It would not mean that the concept of feminizm as a movement for equality and equal chances is bad. Fanatism is bad though and justifying it with "feminizm" is even worse.

The removal of the word from the vote only reinforces the bad image of the "feminizm". Also, why for example not remove things like equality, freedom, and other similar concepts and make the sole exception for "feminizm"?

Edited by Darkpriest

And these polls are really based on peoples emotional response, like saying EA was the worst company in the USA..even worse than cigarette companies, so the results don't always paint an accurate picture.

When you let your audience speak then the accurate picture is what they say simple as that. And instead of being arrogant and shutting them down because you disagree you should ask why.

Let's view this symbolically, shall we?

Feminism is the true winner of that poll. That feminism won and is the most hated word of 2014 is the truth.

For feminists to rally and get the word removed via complaints is to say that feminism is more important than the truth.

Do those of you that support feminism agree that feminism is more important than truth?

And these polls are really based on peoples emotional response, like saying EA was the worst company in the USA..even worse than cigarette companies, so the results don't always paint an accurate picture

OH MY! We must not let people know that feminism as a word lost respect and has become toxic to many! We must not let the people speak out. Quickly, hide the results!

Emotional responses? What is wrong with those?

You know what else is an emotional response? Indignation. You know, the thing you feel when you yell "oppression! harrassment! sexim!"

They were being emotional... ha, what a cheap excuse. How would you know the mental state of every person who votes? And why would it matter in this poll any more than in every other poll in history?

Edited by TrashMan
  • Like 2

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Ah, silencing the voice of the people, you know, for the "greater good".  The crux of totalitarian rationalization.  While we're at it, I'm sure there are quite a few books out there painting feminism, or what it has become, in a bad light.  We should probably burn those, right?

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Comrades, it is with great happiness that I can announce the result of our latest poll "what is the greatest ailment that plagues the People's Republic of Obsiniztan". We can announce, with great certainty, that the poll, which represents the will of the people, shows that the greatest ailment that plagues our glorious people's republic is the lack of sufficient quantities of our glorious leader's portrait, for the people to hang in their houses and admire.

We regret that we had to strike from the poll one option, of which we have no idea how it even got to enter into the poll. But do not fear, we are still on the lookout for imperialist spy who sneakily entered "corruption and nepotism in the highest echelons of government" as a slanderous option into our otherwise glorious poll.

• Like 7

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

This is one of the most faschist quote I ever read on those forums. Your moral credit is bellow point of freeze now.

to tobbaco companies. Its clear that you dont like smoking, but do you understand that there are millions of smokers who enjoy it? Why on earth would they vote against them?

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Going off to other countries and telling people there how to conduct their business is pretty much the definition of white saviorism, yes.

What does the "white" in white saviorism refer to?

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Going off to other countries and telling people there how to conduct their business is pretty much the definition of white saviorism, yes.

What does the "white" in white saviorism refer to?

Well I see it on UK and France, where some people are feeling guilty for colonisation, however greatest savior is currently USA lead by black president so I dont see reference either :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

My fellow misoglords, we have hit our goal to further spread patriarchy by donating to a charity focused on giving toys to needy kids thanks to the donation of $2600 by one man. These funds could have gone to the patreon accounts of truly deserving upper class women to do....something. Instead we have furthed our goal of enforcing casual misogyny by not visiting sites who feature reporters who are awfully close to a certain crowd of indie devs through weaponized charity.

I encourage all of you to donate $10 of you can to this initiative instead of giving your hard earned money to an upper class bloke so they can "work" without having to bother with seeking employment.

https://www.crowdrise.com/GamerGateToysforTots

• Like 4

My fellow misoglords, we have hit our goal to further spread patriarchy by donating to a charity focused on giving toys to needy kids thanks to the donation of $2600 by one man. These funds could have gone to the patreon accounts of truly deserving upper class women to do....something. Instead we have furthed our goal of enforcing casual misogyny by not visiting sites who feature reporters who are awfully close to a certain crowd of indie devs through weaponized charity.

I encourage all of you to donate $10 of you can to this initiative instead of giving your hard earned money to an upper class bloke so they can "work" without having to bother with seeking employment.

https://www.crowdrise.com/GamerGateToysforTots

This has got to be the one of the most off putting line opener ever: You know what I don't like about charity?

How I always feel bad about which charity I donate to. I send money to hungry kids, but what about the wounded veterans? I send money for poor people, but what about people with disabilities? I'm never happy with who I donate to. It kinda sucks. I can't help everyone! I have to pick and choose, and I feel like the charities I don't donate to are being left behind.