Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

Here's a pretty good summary.

Not really. Even if you're pro-gamergate you could get the rape/death threats, and doxxed. It seems being a public figure in this issue at all can get you doxxed/threatened. Most of the trolls are third party and simply have nothing to do with either side.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I learned something today: I f**king hate trolls! They're annoying and in the case of doxxing; dangerous. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I've gotten three #GamerGate related death threats on Twitter and my tweet involvement was pretty much mostly retweeting stuff Boogie and TotalBiscuit said and asking people how exactly they expected GamerGaters to police anonymous trolls any better than they could.

I've gotten three #GamerGate related death threats on Twitter and my tweet involvement was pretty much mostly retweeting stuff Boogie and TotalBiscuit said and asking people how exactly they expected GamerGaters to police anonymous trolls any better than they could.

This will not be an answer some of the other pro-gamergate people will like, but if we want to cut down on the trolls; we need leadership. Then again; getting leadership would be tricky, and we don't need leadership to win sooo... It's not worth it.

The anti-gamergate could help by not feeding them so much. I mean, MSNBC went ahead and talked about the troll who threatened Briana Wu. I am sure this was the troll's reaction:

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

YOU POOR THING, YOU'VE BEEN RUN FROM YOUR HOME BY AN ANGRY MOB OF THREE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T ACTIVELY ATTEMPTING TO BREACH YOUR HOME! Surely you must be in need of donations to help you get through these troublesome times.

This will not be an answer some of the other pro-gamergate people will like, but if we want to cut down on the trolls; we need leadership. Then again; getting leadership would be tricky, and we don't need leadership to win sooo... It's not worth it.

The anti-gamergate could help by not feeding them so much. I mean, MSNBC went ahead and talked about the troll who threatened Briana Wu. I am sure this was the troll's reaction:

Sacrificing anarchy at the alter to the trolls elevates them to gods and us to their worshipers, when you choose your shepherd you also choose your wolves, so be weary when you let someone represent you, you're not just handing over control to them, you're declaring the wolves the center of your world.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Shallow

https://mobile.twitter.com/idlediletante/status/526108118493581312

So apparently Mike is offering hat his doxxer apologize and all little legal kerfuffle be avoided as a result, and that's the response.

I lol'ed pretty hard at "you can tweet it like a normal person." No offense but I don't have a very high opinion of people who are on twitter all day.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

So apparently Mike is offering hat his doxxer apologize and all little legal kerfuffle be avoided as a result, and that's the response.

I lol'ed pretty hard at "you can tweet it like a normal person." No offense but I don't have a very high opinion of people who are on twitter all day.

I have to say; I don't like that mike guy. I think it's not a good idea to let those who doxx get away with it.

• Like 1

YOU POOR THING, YOU'VE BEEN RUN FROM YOUR HOME BY AN ANGRY MOB OF THREE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T ACTIVELY ATTEMPTING TO BREACH YOUR HOME! Surely you must be in need of donations to help you get through these troublesome times.

I'd set up a patreon account but I'm not a minority so there'd be no takers. But my point was you don't even have to be a public figure in this debate to get harassed by trolls if you've taken a stance or said anything that can be consider pro-GG. GGers attack public figures, anti-GGers attack everyone. It's like Kazerad pointed out in his journal, GG is a movement focused on personal accountability and is focused on people, and those hardlining against it are focused on grouping and stereotyping.

I have to say; I don't like that mike guy. I think it's not a good idea to let those who doxx get away with it.

I'll be honest and say I kinda think he's bluffing about taking legal action.

I wish he weren't, simply because a legal case of a GGer being doxxed by an anti-GGer would be very hard for the media to avoid covering.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'd set up a patreon account but I'm not a minority so there'd be no takers. 

Just get some doctor to declare you as suffering from some bogus syndrome or another, you visit enough of them and one will diagnose you with something.  Maybe something like, Acute Defenestration Phobia (are you afraid of being thrown out of a window?).  Once you've been diagnosed with something the victim flag practically applies itself.  At that point, all you have to do is start planning how you'll spend all that sweet sweet victim money.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I suppose I could use my status as someone who suffered from clinical depression, but I'm pretty sure everyone would claim I self-diagnosed it. I've heard anti-GGers throw that around against Boogie's PTSD from having been abused by an alcoholic mother since childhood. There's nothing these people won't use. At this point, GG only has misogynists giving them a bad name, the opponents have literally everything else in the book. I wonder who is looking worse. If they truly believe in guilt by association, they should be joining GG pretty swiftly.

TotalBiscuit speaks truth on the matter of sides, trolls and media coverage: http://blueplz.blogspot.nl/2014/10/whose-side-am-i-on.html

My favourite bit (because it's what I've been saying all along):

If this was never about ethics, then The Escapist, Polygon and Kotaku would not have updated their ethical policies in the wake of it. Even if you truly believe this whole thing is about "harassment", you have an opportunity to prove it by engaging with the ethical concerns. If once you have addressed these concerns harassment continues, then I promise you will have my full support in stamping out whatever toxicity remains. As it stands though, you have merely given it all the fuel it needs to grow and spread and I am thoroughly disappointed in that.
  • Like 5

Wonder if the Goons are involved in this somehow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

TotalBiscuit speaks truth on the matter of sides, trolls and media coverage: http://blueplz.blogspot.nl/2014/10/whose-side-am-i-on.html

This. All of this.

Based Biscuit is right on the money.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

https://archive.today/TYVSW

Guys video games are going to cease to exist because we refuse to read opinionated articles about them.

That's just dumb. Video games will continue as long as there are people willing and able to make them. Some whiny journalists not being paid attention to doesn't mean **** in the grand scheme of things. FACT.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

"I'd set up a patreon account but I'm not a minority so there'd be no takers."

I kinda want to do this. Why not? Free money for nothing. Even if I get no donations I don't actually lose anything. L0L And, maybe, I get lucky and I can make enough to quit my job. HA.

P.S. Games aren't going anywhere. I don't need to read the article to know it's dumb.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This. All of this.

If GamerGate was to choose a leader, he'd get my vote

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The guy is clearly riding his own ride in this. But let it be a reminder to anyone, do not **** around with a lawyer. These guys see the blood and swim around it like sharks.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's alright, you probably deserved it. Now just listen & believe...

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Here's a pretty good summary.

Not really. Even if you're pro-gamergate you could get the rape/death threats, and doxxed. It seems being a public figure in this issue at all can get you doxxed/threatened. Most of the trolls are third party and simply have nothing to do with either side.

It's a joke article, from an offshoot of The Onion.

• Like 1