RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

This is from Remember Me devs? Maybe this change is for the best, then. That game had such exciting potential and this one seems to as well. Hopefully they can find something that works with their talents better than it did.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

GTA V PC specs coming out next week or sooner. 

Should be interesting to see

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

GTA V PC specs coming out next week or sooner. 

Should be interesting to see

And they will probably be far too much for my poor old pc to handle...

If it is anything like GTA IV at release, they will be probably far to much for any PC to handle...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

http://www.lar.net/2014/12/18/leaked-the-larian-plans-for-20152016-and-beyond/

blah blah blah plans to release more campaigns on the Original Sin engine blah blah blah new office in Quebec blah blah blah

it seems we'll have a new "Gold Box" set of RPGs in 5 years

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

blah blah blah plans to release more campaigns on the Original Sin engine blah blah blah new office in Quebec blah blah blah

it seems we'll have a new "Gold Box" set of RPGs in 5 years

Excellent news.  D:OS is a great base to expand from and without having to make another new engine from scratch, much more of their time can be spent making the games more robust and fleshed out.  Hopefully their expansion with opening a new office in Quebec will work out for them.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You don't sound very enthusiastic about that.

that's because I don't like the engine, specifically its visual side (effects and GUI elements). also, I can't say I like what I saw of the game (very little), overall

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So the Squeenix Christmas MYSTARY pack turned out to contain the following:

Thiaf - The Master Thief Edition

The Last Remnant

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Deus Ex: The Fall

Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack

Yeahhhhhh, I'm not going to be playing any of that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I hear Guardian of Light is good. And there's a Raziel/Kain skin! Last Remnant is notworthy too.

I own them but never got around to playing before my computer died.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Also, I'll vouch for The Last Remnant too.  It's a good game if you're into jRPGs and the grinding that comes along with them.  The combat system is really interesting and has one of the best implementations of QTEs I've seen in a game.  I'm kind of sad Squeenix never used that combat system for another game.  On the negative end of the spectrum, the leveling and upgrade system is a mystery wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in a puzzle smothered in enigma sauce.  It's pretty much not explained at all in game and is so insanely confounding that there are internet guides so long they read like a full size novel attempting to explain it.  I cannot possibly put enough emphasis on "attempting".

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

MGS5 Ground Zeroes gets released and it kills the Steam store. :(

Pretty sure its the holiday sale that did that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dunno. Possible. Didn't know the holiday sale started again.

This sale probably won't be better than the last one, and I don't have anything planned to buy (other than MGS5 for PC), so I'll skip it for now. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, the Lara Croft game is the one game in that list I already own ...never played it though.

In other news, PS4 not powerful enough to run Tetris.

I think that was completely unfair and unprofessional coverage of IGN. Their wording makes it sound as if it is some sort of hardware issue, and if you look down in the comments of that video you'll see people reacting just like that. I did too before checking the comments.

[Software] does Not Equal to [Hardware]

Edited by Osvir

I hear Guardian of Light is good. And there's a Raziel/Kain skin! Last Remnant is notworthy too.

I own them but never got around to playing before my computer died.

Kayne and Lynch are the way to go if you're looking for comedy relief, but yeah, great game. Play it co-op if you can.

Dunno. Possible. Didn't know the holiday sale started again.

This sale probably won't be better than the last one, and I don't have anything planned to buy (other than MGS5 for PC), so I'll skip it for now. :>

I like that it shows you your wishlist items with discounts on the front page, but the longer schedules for community votes and flash deals means less interest from me. I have a large backlog of good stuff and most of the stuff in my wishlist that I really want came out within  the last couple months so likely won't be discounted. So I'll likely pass too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

blah blah blah plans to release more campaigns on the Original Sin engine

Pretty sure they always said that was the plan. I'm not sure how tightly the graphical style is tied into the engine though as I personally too wouldn't mind a more "realistic" art style (that said, D:OS graphics worker perfectly fine for the game, even though I had my reservations at first).

I always appreciate how Swen just throws his ideas out there, few game developers are as open as Larian about what's going on on the inside and I really appreciate that.

• Like 1

blah blah blah plans to release more campaigns on the Original Sin engine

Pretty sure they always said that was the plan. I'm not sure how tightly the graphical style is tied into the engine though as I personally too wouldn't mind a more "realistic" art style (that said, D:OS graphics worker perfectly fine for the game, even though I had my reservations at first).

I always appreciate how Swen just throws his ideas out there, few game developers are as open as Larian about what's going on on the inside and I really appreciate that.

The one element I don't like about the D:OS engine is how it limits your panning ability. It felt awkward to be constantly fiddling with the direction trying to get a decent look at the scene.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Cease and Desist order in 5... 4... 3... 2...

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling