Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2

Tale

It looks like hypocrisy is standard issue when becoming a game journalist.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Silverstring media's Zoya:

"TotalBiscuit’s rapey interpretation of journalistic ethics."

http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=11941

Wow, let's completely ignore the horrific trivialisation of rape from this supposed feminist for a minute and realize that this doesn't actually cover anything that TotalBiscuit actually said. He said that if it is true that she used a DMCA Takedown to remove a video she didn't agree then he condemned her for that action and that is literally the only thing he said that can be construed as being negative towards Zoe Quinn. This is another example of anti-GamerGate people dragging Zoe into it when she isn't even relevant - painting a target on her forehead and throwing her under the bus to further their own agenda. It's all fine and dandy to throw complete lies around if you're willing to use someone who has already been victimized as a lightning rod to keep the heat off yourself.

What a terrible, terrible person. The world is literally a worse place for everybody on both sides because this article and its writer exist. I very dearly hope TotalBiscuit doesn't dignify it with a response.

After reading everything she linked to I couldn't link anything she was bitching about to anything he said. Its like she was referring to something completely different. If broadly saying anyone who uses DMCA takedowns to avoid criticism is a scumbag is mysoginy, no wonder gamers are being broadly described as such. Here we thought it meant hating women, when it really means including women in any sort of criticism ever. Its like saying only white people are racist, its incredibly racist, but accepted because its ok to hate white people.

I'm getting the urge to read Soul of the Fire.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"rapey"

When did this become a word

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapey

aha

Leave it to the French. We got French fries, French toast, and rapey. I am beginning to see a correlation. :p

it is easy to blame the french, but sadly, the english deserve a swift kick to the temple with a steel-toed boot too.

http://techland.time.com/2011/03/25/the-oxford-english-dictionary-adds-3-and-lol-as-words/

sammich were also added at the same time. sammich is a real word. 

perhaps we needs switch to latin. being a dead language would appear to have advantages.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"rapey"

When did this become a word

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapey

aha

You guys need to relax and put some real RAPE into your mouths, Gothenburg-style.

Goteborgs_Rape_White_Large_Portion_Snus.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

RAPE

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Jesus. The Escapist is one of the few sites trying to do the right thing, and this is how they get rewarded. 

It may not be an attack, after the exodus from /v/ there may be a large number of people looking for a place to discuss this issue.

Edit:

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/09/gamergate-escapist-mag-ddos-attack/

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

5/10, nice try to whoever it was.

Too cliche to actually be real, Occam's Razor dictates that they theory with  the least amount of bull**** is the best. I mean, hacker groups and death threats...could still be possible, is just very unlikely.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

This might be a false flag, but if it is some real effort was put in making it.

http://pastebin.com/tAynguZP

Juicy stuff starts at line 70.

Wow. That real? It does not feel real...

[9/18/14 12:43 AM] [REDACTED 2]: It's habbnin'
[9/18/14 12:43 AM] moot: Cracked sent me an email a few days ago
[9/18/14 12:43 AM] moot: The same day Zoe issued her article, to be exact
[9/18/14 12:43 AM] moot: They told me they are strong supporters of the Social Justice Movement, and are through sitting behind while the harassment goes on
[9/18/14 12:44 AM] moot: They said if I didn't stop Gamergate on 4chan, they would write an article that "exposes" 4chan for the "true cesspit" it is. They're also going to basically get feminists to hack in and take down my site.
[9/18/14 12:44 AM] moot: And coincidentally, I got a letter that threatened to lynch me in the streets, from a group of hackers who strongly support feminism.
[9/18/14 12:44 AM] moot: A day before this, I went to see Anita speak at XOXO, and she was absolutely lovely. Behind the scenes, I got to have a word with her. We hit it off perfect, and we're now friends through online communication.
[9/18/14 12:44 AM] moot: I told her my situation, and her advice was to get my mods to delete everything Gamergate on site.
[9/18/14 12:44 AM] moot: I was reluctant, but after that day, I did what she said. You all remember the day I told you to delete Gamergate ****, we were convinced it would work.
[9/18/14 12:44 AM] moot: But it didn't ****ing work.
[9/18/14 12:45 AM] moot: That hacker group is real btw.
[9/18/14 12:45 AM] moot: They've been sending more letters to my house, and emails to my personal address.
[9/18/14 12:45 AM] moot: Funny thing is, I still support them more than I do Gamergate.
[9/18/14 12:45 AM] moot: So, that's why I'm so worried. I got Cracked making threats and a group threatening to take down my site.
[9/18/14 12:45 AM] moot: The two are very powerful, and can get done what they say they want to get done.

[9/18/14 12:59 AM] [REDACTED 2]: The Internet Aristocrat's real name is ------ - ------- and it turns out he has a real job at ------------. Maybe, we could call him at work and get him fired because of his shameless support of harassment?
[9/18/14 12:59 AM] [REDACTED 3]: Holy hell, how did you find that?
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 2]: A friend who used to know him. The Aristocrat's a disgusting human being, he deserves it.
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 10]: We have dox on a lot of Gamergate supporters.
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 10]: Nero and MundaneMatt among others.
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] moot: While I don't advocate doxing, maybe this could play into our advantage.
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 5]: Couldn't we just scare the supporters off?
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] moot: Scaring them off could take work.
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 6]: Tell them we got dox because they posted in /v/
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 8]: What the hell, you're not legitimately considering this are you?
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 8]: They could find out it was us.
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] [REDACTED 1]: we can use firewalls, lol
[9/18/14 1:00 AM] moot: I'm reluctant, but not unwilling to try that.
[9/18/14 1:01 AM] [REDACTED 8]: Fine, but what about the people using proxies?
[9/18/14 1:01 AM] [REDACTED 5]: There are more people without proxies than people with proxies.
[9/18/14 1:01 AM] moot: ^ We can get rid of most of them.
[9/18/14 1:01 AM] [REDACTED 5]: I'll work on the idea. Maybe, get in one normie supporter so it looks legit.
[9/18/14 1:01 AM] moot: Nice. Sometimes hostility is the answer. Not all the time, but sometimes.

That sounds fake and I don't care about 4chan either way, but the fact that they are attacking The Escapist is pretty awful. "Join our ranks or die" seems to be the prevailing idea among those supposedly fighting for equality.

Did anyone post this yet? A horrific account about pressured political correctness: http://mindlesszombiestudios.com/content/gamergate-you-can-call-me-shield

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 5

It does feel weird that moot would be worried about 4chan's reputation now. Hasn't that ship sailed like years ago? 

If it was legit then there wouldn't be names redacted as they would be operating under an alias same as moot. All the janitors at 4chan have one and releasing it would had lent credibility as they are all listed on the website.

village_idiot.gif

Anthony Burch is a self righteous wanker who wrote stuff for Borderlands 2. That and maybe Colonial Marines

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Be that as it may how is that relevant to GamerGate and corruption among journalists? I'm asking for something more specific here.

Right now it isn't, other than Burch being very involved with the Bloggers and indie devs.

More importantly, Polytron is working on a new game called "Where in the world is Phil Fish?"

Edit: it may be because of this

1411254769089.jpeg

https://archive.today/mkcgB

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif