Drama in the indy gaming biz ?

NWN_babaYaga

*cough*

http://imgur.com/a/Mfh61

Even her cherry picked chat logs aren't proof of anything. I'm not sure how to take this. She had to read those logs in order to cherry pick from them, but they still don't make any sense.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So I've read nearly entire thing. Come on, this is the big reveal conspiracy to organize mass harassment campaign? This is hilarious how they jump on it after dismissing everything else as "conspiracy theory".

There is one bad conversation that talks about hacking her email. But at least in the provided screenshot it is not show to be leading anywhere. The rest is typical 4chan nonsense.

"We've seen the MRA ****stain youtubers in there, my ex in there, all kinds of people. And it's going into the police report."

"Sorry, already HAS gone into the police report. :)"

I don't know how it is in her country, but if you fill a police report here, you are advised not to tell important details to the public. Now the other side can prepare and potentially wrack the thing you've got going.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You do realize that those are just notepad versions of the chat, they don't show anything and are easily doctored.

I think that was his point.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't know how it is in her country, but if you fill a police report here, you are advised not to tell important details to the public. Now the other side can prepare and potentially wrack the thing you've got going.

It's the same here, you are advised not to announce it because it reduces the chance of catching anyone who has been making threats or harassing you.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You do realize that those are just notepad versions of the chat, they don't show anything and are easily doctored.

I edited my previous post a bit. You are of course right. Changing something in notepad is super easy, but is there even need for it? Those notepad logs just give slightly more context. Zoe posted chat logs aren't proof of anything so there is no need to disprove them.

• Like 1

So apparently Quinn has posted logs that this is all a 4chan conspiracy. Which I suppose changes stuff.

What took her so long?

If I would have to guess we are going to see dozen gaming articles claiming how #gamergate has been proven to be misogynist 4chan raid against women or just Zoe.

If I would have to guess we are going to see dozen gaming articles claiming how #gamergate has been proven to be misogynist 4chan raid against women or just Zoe.

That is my opinion too, this isn't so much prof, as it is a tool to turn the masses in her favor.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Even if it were true, how does a few people planning harassment translate to all gamers being white, male, cis gender misogynists or to the games industry not being corrupt? It "wins" nothing, as if this was a thing to win in the first place. Even if she proves she is being harassed, gamers are going to keep on being gamers and not being represented by the people doing the harassment.

I enjoy the podcast YouTubers Mangaminx and LeutinGaming did on the subject:

For those who don't know, MangaMinx is one of the first Let's Play creators on YouTube if not THE first, and she is also a lesbian woman married to another (nonwhite) lesbian gamer and professional gamer, KrismPro. She is very, very adamantly for the #notyourshield movement.

• Like 3

I can .. seriously. What i can say is that woman like these two egocentric idiots will be the cause of some man to change their viewpoint about woman and feminism in general. Because it is very clear now what it´s all about. Beta males will lick their boots as always but many normal guys will start to get it. If they dont resepect anything then no sane guy will respect them and handle them like whor*s. Because thats what they are.

I can just hope you woman will understand what these animals are doing.

If 4chan knew she was in their chat channels, possibly screencapping the logs, why would they go through with it? Its almost like SHE set it up to get into the limelight again, and had this ready to make her look good

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Unfortunately the press makes the narrative and now the whole issue is going to be entirely "a campaign of misogyny". Feminists have a monopoly on the entire public discourse outside of forums.

So far they haven't offered any proof in their condemnation of gamers. They just have to type away in their ivory towers. Read the IRC stuff. Sorry Zoe, I see no conspiracy. You're still vile. 

Edited by licketysplit
  • Like 2

Unfortunately the press makes the narrative and now the whole issue is going to be entirely "a campaign of misogyny". Feminists have a monopoly on the entire public discourse outside of forums.

That's the thing, those spinning this aren't really feminists, they're frauds and hypocrites using this to gain fame and profit.  They're driving a campaign of shame and name calling while speaking against shame and name calling, using the guise of feminism to guilt the gullible sheeple into blindly following everything they say and buying the games they push.  It's a classic propaganda trick and it will sadly probably succeed.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I bet if Zoe was man who cheated on his girlfriend with five people. Not only would we hear the details but he would be an abusive bastard, a misogynist, and no doubt a rapist (using Zoe's very own views on consent).

Edited by Fighter

I think it's unhelpful to focus on Zoe and we should keep in mind that regardless of what she did, harassment is not okay. There is no such thing as "deserving" this. Threatening and organizing hate campaigns and calling names is not okay (how much of this has happened is unclear and probably not the amount Zoe claims, but I have seen people calling out to attack Zoe on twitter with my own eyes) and not productive, and why would you do this in the first place? Let's say (probably accurately) that Zoe has no integrity. Why would any intelligent person legitimize her by threatening and harassing her, or consistently making this about her? Why would any intelligent person lower themselves to someone who has no integrity by losing their own?

Personally I feel to say the games journalist press makes the narrative is to overestimate games journalist press. YouTubers like JonTron, Boogie, MangaMinx, TotalBiscuit, they have a far larger reach than gaming press does. As MangaMinx points out in the video I posted, even a mid-sized gaming channel is worth a lot more money than most gaming magazines at this point. Gaming press hasn't been relevant for years, pretty much since Jeff Gerstmann got fired back in 2007. People don't read anymore - video content is where gamers go for their news and reviews. I can't go by views because Games Press Websites don't openly show them, but for example if you go to Rock Paper Shotgun, you will see a rough estimated average of maybe 15 Facebook shares and 7 comments on their articles. Even small game review channels on YouTube like Worth-A-Buy that have maybe 3000 subscribers still get TEN TIMES that attention. That seems telling to me.

EDIT: Correction, since last I checked the Worth-A-Buy channel has grown to at least 18'000 subscribers. My apologies for the misinformation - but that's still peanuts compared to the high level YouTube Gaming Enthousiasts.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

I think it's unhelpful to focus on Zoe and we should keep in mind that regardless of what she did, harassment is not okay. There is no such thing as "deserving" this. Threatening and organizing hate campaigns and calling names is not okay (how much of this has happened is unclear and probably not the amount Zoe claims, but I have seen people calling out to attack Zoe on twitter with my own eyes) and not productive, and why would you do this in the first place? Let's say (probably accurately) that Zoe has no integrity. Why would any intelligent person legitimize her by threatening and harassing her, or consistently making this about her? Why would any intelligent person lower themselves to someone who has no integrity by losing their own?

I agree. My post is about the double standards. No doubt there was harassment. But I would bet only >1% engage in that, gaming media however is perfectly happy to make everything about them.

• Like 2

I absolutely agree that harassment is wrong.  There are definitely people in the wrong on both sides of this and there definitely are cruel, juvenile, misogynist gamers out there engaging in inexcusable acts.  Sadly, these misguided people are the ones being paraded for the general public to see shifting blame and deflecting attention from the initial issue of the integrity of games media.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I absolutely agree that harassment is wrong.  There are definitely people in the wrong on both sides of this and there definitely are cruel, juvenile, misogynist gamers out there engaging in inexcusable acts.  Sadly, these misguided people are the ones being paraded for the general public to see shifting blame and deflecting attention from the initial issue of the integrity of games media.

But it seems like one side makes efforts to rise above it sticking to the subject and the issues that matter, while the other seem all to willing to inject their politics into the discussion by garnering sympathy because of their abuse. Frankly the abuse thrown at journalists isn't relevant to the issue of their corruption or the fact that the have made their field into a political battlefield. Or are the two somehow related? 

They are misleading the issue by making about online harassment and on top of that their side which claims the moral high ground also engages in such behavior. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif