Drama in the indy gaming biz ?

NWN_babaYaga

EDIT: Great job, TN. Actually forget to attach the file.

"Also, **** the escapist."

What'd they do? I'm not super invested in this (or gaming journalism period) so I don't really check any of those sites regularly.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

*cough*

http://imgur.com/a/Mfh61

Even her cherry picked chat logs aren't proof of anything. I'm not sure how to take this. She had to read those logs in order to cherry pick from them, but they still don't make any sense.

Wait so now we get a 4chan conspiracy to combat the game-journalists one?

Isn't there anyone actually checking-up on all those accusations?

Pretty much the same 4chan people did this #EndFathersDay thing http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/your-slip-is-showing-4chan-trolls-operation-lollipop

If you're still putting your head in the sand, you are definitely complicit.

Does this really matter that much though, in terms of how this started. Clearly is a PR war and was so from the start. Quinn is an irrelevance now it seems. Also what are we complicit in ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ooh, extra counter-accusations.  Good move faux-feminists, good move.  Classic propaganda material and well done.  

All the misdirection in the world won't lead me from the real issue of journalistic integrity, but it may do so for the sheeple.  Hopefully it doesn't, but I can't deny it's a solid tactic.  I tip my hat to you, faux-feminists.  Well played.  Well played indeed.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ooh, extra counter-accusations.  Good move faux-feminists, good move.  Classic propaganda material and well done.  

All the misdirection in the world won't lead me from the real issue of journalistic integrity, but it may do so for the sheeple.  Hopefully it doesn't, but I can't deny it's a solid tactic.  I tip my hat to you, faux-feminists.  Well played.  Well played indeed.

You have to admit, Zoe is a grand master manipulator. But she's facing an entire community devoted to exposing the truth. I'm an optimist. I think the slander that has been spread by mostly hateful bloggers will die down, and members of the community will continue to post youtube commentary on how slanted this whole thing is. The sheer tonnage of it is off the charts, people labeling gamers with an onslaught of biased, poorly researched drivel. And then they have the gall to call themselves journalists.

Edited by licketysplit

I have no problem at all with 4chan starting #NotYourShield, because I don't think everyone at 4chan is a white male. Just like not every gamer is a white male. It is simple as that.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So....it has turned into a pie-throwing contest basically? Let it all burn already, burn it all to the ground. The developers already have a more direct communication to their fans anyway.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.lordkat.com/igf-and-indiecade-racketeering.html

There isn't actual evidence available there. Just a claim that judges in indie contests had financial ties to Polytron, contests which Fez won.

I really wish that they would had links to their sources.

Although, if is true it would explain why Fish became involved at the beginning of this thing but I'm pretty sure that it was mostly because of attention.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't know if I believe in any actual foul play. But it is definitely not a clean system when the chair of the awards committee is an investor in one of the participants. No way around this being a conflict of interest if it's true and it should never be organized this way.

https://archive.today/CeWxy

RPS with a predictable response. I do love articles that have an author written Q&A in them, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

RPS with a predictable response. I do love articles that have an author written Q&A in them, heh.

Excellent article, very accurate view of the situation and some good responses. I hope everyone reads this link. Well done RPS :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, good thing Walker didn't surprise himself with his own questions.

• Like 4

“I understand that people remain very angry at what they see as journalists lashing out at the community in general, and whilst I won’t try and justify that (or even entirely accept that this isn’t even true) I’d like to ask you to consider this: When the community you’ve worked so hard to serve choose to stand beside a group of manipulative misogynists rather than entertain the idea that you might not actually be corrupt, how do you think this makes people feel?

So much of this argument boils down to a misunderstanding – the games media aren’t calling you misogynists. They don’t think you hate women. But you’ve decided that your distrust of the media is so strong that you’d rather side with dangerous bigots than believe that the media might not be corrupt, that’s a hell of a statement to be making.”

Great. They still blame those who ask for more transparency as misogynist and bigots. RPS really hasn't learned anything from this. No wonder there are no comments allowed.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Yeah, good thing Walker didn't surprise himself with his own questions.

That would had been fun to see.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif