Welcome: TrueNeutral to the Mod Squad

Fionavar

The best mod is the one no one notices....or something.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The best mod is the one no one notices....or something.

Like the good quote from Futurama - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yay for TN, an excellent choice.  

If they disqualified everyone who had a run-in with Gromnir, there's be no one left to moderate.   :p

sure there would. 

'pon reflection, is probable an excellent  barometers o' mod success.  Gromnir tends to be adversarial and uncompromising. if we were looking for mods, we would want ones who didn't becoming gibbering nutters in the face o' our colorful posting style. 

that being said, we wouldn't normal have brought the tn conflict up at all, 'cause as you note, we has conflicts with many boardies. however, as we said, the rant were complete unexpected. were notable 'cause it were unprovoked. as such, we didn't get into it with him at the time. it were strange.

HA! Good Fun!

I generally enjoy our debates and I find your opinion on many topics interesting, of course I don't always agree with you but that doesn't mean its not entertaining. But I really try to not take debates personally or get emotional , I can have a heated discussion on one topic then move on to another topic with no ill will.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Commiserations or congratulations Mr Neutral, one is not sure which to wish you.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Thanks guys, I'll do my best to prove worthy of the position. This community has been a part of my life for ten years now and it is, by far, the best community I have had the pleasure of being a part of - I don't take this lightly. I have no intention of bossing anyone around - I don't feel that's a part of what a moderator does.

in any event, am thinking a good rule-of-thumb is that anybody that wants to be a moderator is likely a poor choice...

I agree.

Shouldn't mods by definition be Lawful Neutral?

I suppose True Neutral could imply some measure of objectivity? But this is a really old screen name. :p

Congrats, TN... welcome to hell.

Take it from a former bulletshield.

And @ Orugun; Nope... they don't get paid for it. They're like virtual Syria-fighters 0_o

(including mental issues when returning home after the fight)

Haha, thanks. I know what I'm getting in to. It's not my first rodeo. :)

• Like 1

Going to make the forum a safe space ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do you currently consider it an unsafe place?

Going to make the forum a safe space ?

Don't be scared Malc, these forums won't hurt you. I can imagine how nervous you must be with that madman killing police in your country and still on the lose !!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/05/world/canada-shooting/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, I'm really worried about some guy putting cops in the ground.

Could not help but notice that TrueNeutra's post count isn't all that high for the time he's been here...

Guess it proves the adage "The less you speak, the more you hear."

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Do you currently consider it an unsafe place?

Some SJWs about damage my calm.

Could not help but notice that TrueNeutra's post count isn't all that high for the time he's been here...

Guess it proves the adage "The less you speak, the more you hear."

"A closed mouth gathers no foot."

Also, posts made in Way Off Topic do not add to your post count.

Gfted1 beat me to it. Anywhere except Way Off Topic, I tend to read more than I post. I'm not one for speculation and most news gets posted before I get to it because I get by far most of my video game news from this board. It's much more reliable than gaming magazines. :) I'm sure if Way Off Topic added to my post count, it would be substantially higher.

Some SJWs about damage my calm.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Have you considered using the ignore preferences to improve your experience?

• Like 1

Hm, I thought ignoring them was an unacceptable solution.  Ah, need to use smileys more.

Gromnir would obviously be the best mod in the universe, but we can't do it because the sheer excess of happiness enjoyed by all forumers would destroy us.

I try to be a little more like him every day, but it's hard.

• Like 3

Gromnir would obviously be the best mod in the universe, but we can't do it because the sheer excess of happiness enjoyed by all forumers would destroy us.

am not sure 'bout Gromnir as a mod, but your goal is worthy. one should choose goals that is exceeding difficult to achieve but that provide profound rewards even if you ultimately fail in your quest. you display uncommon and surprising wisdom.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 6

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am not sure 'bout Gromnir as a mod, but your goal is worthy. one should choose goals that is exceeding difficult to achieve but that provide profound rewards even if you ultimately fail in your quest. you display uncommon and surprising wisdom.

HA! Good Fun!

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Lawful Neutral is so dull... (said the Chaotic Neutral guy).

As for Gromnir... don't let the lack of skill points in diplomacy fool you. Just stay honest.

Welcome to the squad TrueNeutral. it's a task that does indeed sometimes require two personalities, which needs to be kept separate.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

His screen name may say true neutral, but this is how the lawful evil overlord slowly rises to power. I will be sure to be on his good side. I want in on the evil world dominating corporation TN is building.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the heel turn where, after gaining power, TrueNeutral changes his name to ChaoticEvil.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Congrats TrueNeutral

I'm waiting for the heel turn where, after gaining power, TrueNeutral changes his name to ChaoticEvil.

Then the run in from the back.

To quote the late Gordon Solie: "He was 'Pearl Harbored' from behind..."

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man