Welcome: TrueNeutral to the Mod Squad

Fionavar

Well the Squad has once again grown to include a long time community member: TrueNeutral! It is with excitement that another in our midst has seen this community as worth nurturing and supporting! OBS continues to greatly value all of you and it is personally exciting to continue to experience such commitment to our wee space of cyber-land ;)

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

congrats?

we don't have much dealing with tn, so am guessing that is a good thing for a moderator. on the bad side, only interplay we can recall with tn were a weird seeming rant by him a month or so ago... kinda out-of-left field. seemed to have personal issues with Gromnir. oh well. he wouldn't be the first moderator with... issues.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Cool, yeah, I liked his bit about how when a point-of-view character drives the plot in a story, it can be subjectively worse than when the central character is more reactionary. 

Actually I sorta remembered it wrong, it was this ...

He is a plot driving character, and very rarely do plot driving characters work as viewpoint characters.

It's why Frodo is the main character of Lord of the Rings instead of Aragorn - the viewpoint character is the character who the plot happens to, not who drives the plot. It's why everything Indiana Jones does in Raiders of the Lost Ark is pointless and all he does is react to what other people are doing. It's why the first Matrix movie works when Neo is still the guy stuff happens to, and the Matrix sequels don't work because Neo is the Superman who makes stuff happen.
Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Excellent decision, TN is a reasonable and interesting member of the community and I'm sure he will do the forum proud

You should make me a Mod, I'll ban anyone who doesn't care about SJ issues :p

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

congrats?

we don't have much dealing with tn, so am guessing that is a good thing for a moderator. on the bad side, only interplay we can recall with tn were a weird seeming rant by him a month or so ago... kinda out-of-left field. seemed to have personal issues with Gromnir. oh well. he wouldn't be the first moderator with... issues.

HA! Good Fun!

But people having issues with you is something I would expect you are use to Gromnir ? ;)

Don't worry Gromnir people also have issues with me, I believe in life you can't please everyone. Especially when you base your comments on forums on your principles

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

we didn't realize bruce was so passionate about the Jesuit order. in any event, am thinking a good rule-of-thumb is that anybody that wants to be a moderator is likely a poor choice... not that we believe that bruce were seriously nominating his self.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am thinking a good rule-of-thumb is that anybody that wants to be a moderator is likely a poor choice...

Truer words have never been spoken.

"I want to be a moderator" is on the same level of psychological questions as "I enjoy ordering people around" when analyzing leadership potential.

Had a friend who was bitching about not making the ROT and being stuck as a petty officer due to failing the psych eval... which had that precise question. Asked him if he answered it in affirmative, after which he went on a tangent about how there isn't anything wrong in wanting to boss people around. Yeah.

Oh, and 'gratz.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

am thinking a good rule-of-thumb is that anybody that wants to be a moderator is likely a poor choice...

I agree with the sentiment, but I am not sure what the solution would be. Forcing it upon people who don't want it doesn't really seem like a good solution either.

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Shouldn't mods by definition be Lawful Neutral?

Hm. Depends on whether the forum is run as an autocracy - where yes, I think that'd probably be best: staff that is merely carrying out the clearly defined wishes of the autokrator - or if the forums are an aristocracy of sorts - where small parts of the forums are independently or jointly overseen/specialized in by individual staff members, and where more personal oversight and initiative is best...where, in my opinion, Chaotic or Neutral Good would probably be best, (though it would still lead to problems...but nevertheless).

Congratulations, TrueNeutral.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

we didn't realize bruce was so passionate about the Jesuit order. in any event, am thinking a good rule-of-thumb is that anybody that wants to be a moderator is likely a poor choice... not that we believe that bruce were seriously nominating his self.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, I have no real intention to be a Moderator on this or any other forum

John Milton 

You can't trick us BruceVC!

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've never really understood, what do moderators do and do they get pay for it? Or just a fancy nametag?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I would prefer oby.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We get ultimate power over you dirty peasants.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This is the most offending thing I have ever read in the internets! How dare you say to someone, whose only dream is to be a mod, his dream is the reason he should not be elected!?! How dare you sirs!? How. Dare. You.

• Like 3

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

This is the most offending thing I have ever read in the internets! How dare you say to someone, whose only dream is to be a mod, his dream is the reason he should not be elected!?! How dare you sirs!? How. Dare. You.

:lol:

" whose only dream is to be a mod "

John Milton 

Congrats, TN... welcome to hell.

Take it from a former bulletshield.

And @ Orugun; Nope... they don't get paid for it. They're like virtual Syria-fighters 0_o

(including mental issues when returning home after the fight)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I used to be on the admin team of the official forum of a semi-known band. While the experience was unpleasant and thankless, I did meet a lot of interesting people, including some of their tour musicians who had somewhat significant bands of their own...

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:lol:

" whose only dream is to be a mod "

Oh, my dream is joke to you? Others insult and you start laughing... I expected better from you, Bruce.

Just so you know, there are dozens of us who just wish to be moderators. Dozens!

• Like 3

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Now I'm only the third newest mod. Muahaha. Nothing can stop my rise to power.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yay for TN, an excellent choice.  

If they disqualified everyone who had a run-in with Gromnir, there's be no one left to moderate.   :p

sure there would. 

'pon reflection, is probable an excellent  barometers o' mod success.  Gromnir tends to be adversarial and uncompromising. if we were looking for mods, we would want ones who didn't becoming gibbering nutters in the face o' our colorful posting style. 

that being said, we wouldn't normal have brought the tn conflict up at all, 'cause as you note, we has conflicts with many boardies. however, as we said, the rant were complete unexpected. were notable 'cause it were unprovoked. as such, we didn't get into it with him at the time. it were strange.

HA! Good Fun!