Ongoing discussion of Ukraine

Tale

Colonial troops start attack of rebelled Slavjansk. Probably Joe Biden make good rape of colonial administration in Kiev and after this motivation they begin acting.

14114_original.png

few people are killed, dozens are wounded.  Attackers are Nazianal Guards and Mercs, they use tanks, APC and helicopters.

http://youtu.be/rx6RKV0nhfg

Patriots of Ukraine prepare for defence against colonial troops, even childrens are armed.

Bl-WnpiCQAAYwNJ.jpg

13-30 Moscow time. Fug! First attacks to Slavjansk are repelled. Nazianal guards retreated. I am dissapointed. These loser even cant make good casus belli for our invasion.

Probably Ukrainian patriots overthrow colonial administration without our help and we don't test our sardukars and new toys in this war :shrugz: . 

http://youtu.be/LzDp3FJuplI

http://youtu.be/9ljYdvnPyxE

Doctor Manhattan would defeat both Sentry and Captain Atom, but they would gravely injure him by forcing him to wear pants.

Spider-Man 2099 or Booster Gold?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Not even fighter jet dogfights, or tanks, or submarines... I am disappointed :mellow:

I guess it's because those horrible Kievan Nazis aren't really Nazis and are trying to find a solution that won't include combat operations against armed insurgents in cities with populations in the tens of thousands. Boring for the EU/US haters.

Didn't they kill 5 in fighting, recently ?

Hm, must be an ArmA 2 campaign for this somewhere.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There was an incident where a mob tried to storm a National Guard base, in which 3 pro-Russians were killed. The National Guard is a reserve unit that's been created by the Kiev government, with crap training, and chiefly comprised of volunteers—the idea was originally to incorporate already existing militias into a structure fully under the command of the government, but I don't know to what extent this has been accomplished. So far, when regular army units have been involved, they have either defected, handed over their hardware, or just plain turned around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_Xcs-Mjkk

(doesn't help that the poor tank sounds like it's dying)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There was an incident where a mob tried to storm a National Guard base, in which 3 pro-Russians were killed. The National Guard is a reserve unit that's been created by the Kiev government, with crap training, and chiefly comprised of volunteers—the idea was originally to incorporate already existing militias into a structure fully under the command of the government, but I don't know to what extent this has been accomplished. So far, when regular army units have been involved, they have either defected, handed over their hardware, or just plain turned around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_Xcs-Mjkk

(doesn't help that the poor tank sounds like it's dying)

Tell me something 2133 what in your opinion is the most effective way to resolve the Ukrainian crisis? What needs to happen to restore peace?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tell me something 2133 what in your opinion is the most effective way to resolve the Ukrainian crisis? What needs to happen to restore peace?

Dismemberment of the Ukrainian state, subjugation to Russia, continued economic deterioration, restoration of Yanukovych oligarchy, you know, the works.

• Like 1

Dismemberment of the Ukrainian state, subjugation to Russia, continued economic deterioration, restoration of Yanukovych oligarchy, you know, the works.

:lol: that made me laugh but I don't he is that pro-Russian

In fact its a much harder question to answer than a person may realize . I am nervous to guess myself because there are consequences for any of the outcomes so I really am interested in what 2133 and any others think should be right solution if you could somehow just enforce it.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Reading news today... "America is going to put more sanctions on Russia if the violence in Ukrain doesn't die down... the treaty made on Thursday to have no more threats..."

Oh, I love some good old irony in the morning to wake up.

If by treaty you refer for the call to all sides to refrain from violence and provocation; and for armed groups(right now mainly in Donetsk region?) to lay down their weapons. I don't think any of those terms were satisfied, certainly Russian propaganda is still in full motion and according to Kiev/west the Pro-Russian force are aided by Russia just like in Crimea.( I hope you not still deluded still about those "local" self defense forces) In this case the former is the worse threat, instigating local radicals and radical response playing to hands of another Russian invtervention where they would claim that they are yet again just "protecting" ethnic Russians.. restoring order..

The only Irony here is people star struck by the idea of Novorossiya and such as yourself, that see Russia the peace maker as oppose to the instigator which already got away with Crimea; and understands that with momentum going, Eastern Ukraine is a fertile ground where avoiding direct action will gain them more with same result. So overall this is no less of an empty gesture then threats of further sanctions or NATO sending troops/planes to poland (i.e. its basicly about reinforce public image). Russia move like previous moves was a safe bet from the start, not only they had the upper hand but also are necessary party to restore stability(and other place), so dealing with Putins Russia will require measures that extend beyond this.

But really, all I hear is the US making threats, and Russia doing... well, nothing. Who seems warmongering now.

You either has short term memory or look and see where and what you want to see. Actions speak louder then words.. latest news are of thousands of Russian troops still massed along the border and Russia still shoveling the same rhetoric about eastern Ukraine continues.. as it did with Crimea and previously Georgia..

They somehow expect Russia to fix Ukrain? How? Without taking it all over? It's like Russia asking the US to fix Mexico right now... is it reasonable? Hell no. So why do they keep asking? And why don't they try to keep their own dogs on a leash in Kiev?

Seriously, people... what exactly are they expecting to happen? That things go over peacefully like Kiev... oh, wait...

People expect Russia to tune down its propaganda and stay true to the statements against foreign interventions in sovereign states which it has been laconically repeating for the last couple of years.

As for dogs, what dogs? I previously challenged your assertion if you claim that those protest are exactly like Euromaiden movement, that the government acting less proportionally and that we are biased, please be kind enough to explain your outlook on the situation being mindful of the circumstances and provide a solution.

Yes, I would love to know what you are expecting to happen, and how do you see stability restored? (mind you we already have an election around the corner)

Russia ain't my country, neither is the US. I'm a DC guy.

Lately from you I only seen conspiracy stuff and mostly rants about US banking system, paper about US democracy, rants about economy and how weak it is, about US actions and overall arguments that US < Russia. I get it you are "butt hurt" by the USA, but would you mind explain your bottom line position on the Ukraine situation and Russia chain of actions and specifically a solution to them and how it would improve the situation. Edited by Mor
  • Like 1

Really ? No mention of Jews being ethnically cleansed, maybe a Soviet Union reborn while you were at it ?

I bet 213374U kicks dogs and is a Manchester United fan too!

• Like 2

No, he is even worse. He is bossy.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

@Malc: thanks for the link, I wasn't aware of that. We'll see how long before this new offensive stalls.

:lol:

You got me. If Ukraine once again becomes part of the Motherland, I stand to gain a promotion to Senior Colonel with the FSB for my valiant efforts in the Obsidian Entertainment Forums, and you know what that means—I'll actually get to use the restroom instead of pissing in a bucket when nobody is looking.

Seriously though, I haven't the slightest idea how to solve this at this point. But I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that sending in the army is not the best solution (assuming it's a solution at all). There's also the irony that these uprisings are A-OK to crush under a soldier's boot, but those in Kiev a few months ago weren't.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

As Socrates* (iirc) once said: If you insist that people should not use the term bossy are you being bossy yourself? : philosoraptor :

And why don't they try to keep their own dogs on a leash in Kiev?

Evidence suggests that that is the last thing the US wants- after all, the self appointed non democratic coup putsch junta etcetc regime has (re)commenced their "anti terror" operations the day following visits by the CIA chief and Joe Biden. Hardly seems that they have been urging restraint...

*Could have been Zico or even Pele, not sure

• Like 2

Simon Ostrovsky released after being held for more than 48 hours. Great news to say the least even if he is a bit worse for wear after the ordeal. Though after two close calls I don't think anyone would think less of him if he called it quits now.

His latest video, albeit some time before his captivity and relating more to the shootout a few days ago attributed by pro-Russian elements to Right Sector:

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well, apparently the army attacked and killed 5 people... that's not going to end well...

I guess it's because those horrible Kievan Nazis aren't really Nazis and are trying to find a solution that won't include combat operations against armed insurgents in cities with populations in the tens of thousands. Boring for the EU/US haters.

Ehm, the guys who send the army for an 'anti-terror operation'... who barely got any troops left since they all defected. Who barely got anything else than their mouth, definitely not a strong army.

And still attacked and killed 5 people (before being driven away again)? Sure sounds peaceful or non-combat operational.

If they're doing anything but military attacks it would be that they no longer got the power for that. But apparently they did still had one hit-and-run in them. Something that with the Russian army reinforcing their borders cause there's an army on the other side waiting, is probably not exactly the best thing to do.

In other news both the US and Russia tell each other to keep Ukrain under control.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee