Obama Impeachment

obyknven

no President has ever been successfully impeached,

No.  Andrew Johnson (violation of the Tenure of Office Act) and Bill Clinton (Perjury and Obstruction of Justice) were impeached.    They were acquitted in their trials but they were impeached.  

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Unlike the British system, impeachment is only the first of two stages, and conviction requires a two-thirds vote. Impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges, parallel to an indictment in criminal law. An official who is impeached faces a second legislative vote (whether by the same body or another), which determines conviction, or failure to convict, on the charges embodied by the impeachment.

It was pretty early in the morning, so I probably didn't word it carefully enough, but that is what I was getting at with the word successful.  Without a conviction, the impeachment is just a bunch of bluster.

It was pretty early in the morning, so I probably didn't word it carefully enough, but that is what I was getting at with the word successful.  Without a conviction, the impeachment is just a bunch of bluster.

Rule #1:  Never post before you have your morning coffee (or tea).  :)

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Well, Obama is a step-up from Bush... but yeah, impeachment wont help since it's not the president that's most rotten, it's the whole government system.

When a school full of children is murdered, everyone wants to get more tight on weapons, including the president... it's not done due to the weaponlobby. That's America for you.

Until that's dealt with, it doesn't matter who's "president", the country is rotten to the core.

Sadly, everyone seem to haul the US as some kind of savior. Even after the spying. The violating of privacy. The constant warmongering, the violating of borders or treaties... nope, they get away with everything :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Obama should become a cyborg so we can call him Robobama.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

How would roboobama compare to Robocop?

Robobama would bomb the **** out of Detroit.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

How would roboobama compare to Robocop?

Robobama would bomb the **** out of Detroit.

:lol:  And then tell them with a straight face that the Republicans and George Bush did it! And the media would believe it!

In all seriousness, I never saw Orwell's "doublethink" executed in real life so flawlessly as BHO and his admin have done it. For those who have not read 1984, doublethink it telling a lie, knowing that it is a lie, yet believing it with no logical conflict in your mind.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol:  And then tell them with a straight face that the Republicans and George Bush did it! And the media would believe it!

Robobama would have eliminated republicans, as he would no longer be restrained by Human emotions and morals, instead having nothing but a heart of cold and lifeless steel.

In all seriousness, this is a troll thread, so we might as well post the weirdest **** we can to **** with the NSA.

Obama is apparently fan of Spider-Man comics, so if he becomes a super-villain, will he be called Doctor Obamapus?

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 3

Obama is the most lawless president I've ever seen. But you can't impeach a black president without tearing the country apart, and the Senate would never have enough votes to convict, even if Republicans take over.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Obamapus.

:lol:

Jesus, KP, I just pebble-dashed my monitor with Fanta.

I hope your monitor isn't ruined.

Doctor Obamapus should get into a grudge match with Putie-pie over something.

Obama is the most lawless president I've ever seen. But you can't impeach a black president without tearing the country apart, and the Senate would never have enough votes to convict, even if Republicans take over.

I think Obama has been the greatest USA president I have ever seen in my life, and I'm sure history will remember him favorably. There are many people on these forums who I like and respect immensely but don't like Obama, like GD, and thats fine. We all have our own opinions and perspectives. One thing that people must realize is that I see  Obama from an outsiders perspective. And trust me when I say this is that from a global view George W Bush was much more unliked and reviled and fairly or unfairly tarnished the image of the USA that America still has to deal with. For example when the USA was considering attacking Syria due to there contravention of using Chemical weapons the standard response was " oh another country that the USA wants to invade for oil, like Iraq"

Anyway here is a good link that raises some of the positive things that Obama has done

http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think Obama has been the greatest USA president I have ever seen in my life, and I'm sure history will remember him favorably. There are many people on these forums who I like and respect immensely but don't like Obama, like GD, and thats fine. We all have our own opinions and perspectives. One thing that people must realize is that I see  Obama from an outsiders perspective. And trust me when I say this is that from a global view George W Bush was much more unliked and reviled and fairly or unfairly tarnished the image of the USA that America still has to deal with. For example when the USA was considering attacking Syria due to there contravention of using Chemical weapons the standard response was " oh another country that the USA wants to invade for oil, like Iraq"

Anyway here is a good link that raises some of the positive things that Obama has done

http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/

Bruce that link is laughable. A number of the things he got credit for were in the works for years prior to his first term. Any President would have signed them, it just happened to be him. A number of others he reversed after signing them. Like closing Guantanamo. A handful were just outright false. Like the VA appropriations. It has had a net increase in his last six years but the rate of increase was less that originally planned. I don't need to explain the concept of baseline budgeting to you but some in DC call that a cut. Remember, his admin floated the idea of making wounded veterans pay for their own post-separation care.

It is way too soon to even guess how history will remember the Obama admin. Heck we are only now getting a good feel of what George Bush I and Clintons legacies really are. For good or ill he is tied to the Affordable Care Act forever and if it continues to be the disaster that is has been I suspect history won't be kind. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Robobama would have eliminated republicans, as he would no longer be restrained by Human emotions and morals, instead having nothing but a heart of cold and lifeless steel.

In all seriousness, this is a troll thread, so we might as well post the weirdest **** we can to **** with the NSA.

Obama is apparently fan of Spider-Man comics, so if he becomes a super-villain, will he be called Doctor Obamapus?

Not Morbius, Morbamaius! Only instead of sucking the blood from beautiful girls he sucks the money from your saving accounts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morbius,_the_Living_Vampire

Thomas Sowell

Neither Obama, nor Bush will be looked at favorably by historians who don't have their heads in the sand and who appreciate freedom. Clinton *maybe* by some, but only because he presided over the nation in a time when there was an economic boom (that had nothing to do with him), and when compared with those who came after him looks good (but he was anything but good).

In the U.S. we've had one bad president after bad president, each being worse than the one before for a good two+ decades now. Think it can't get worse than Obama? It really can. And why largely has to do with the fact that none of the last few presidents have the interests of the citizens of the U.S. in mind, and all of them are globalists who work essentially on the same team despite their occasionally differing rhetoric. And most importantly we have a populace that let's them get away with what they do, that is largely polarized along 'party lines'. Heck, many people in this thread actually think Obama hasn't committed crimes and has done everything legally. Anyone who thinks that isn't familiar with the U.S. Constitution or many of the laws that govern this land. Both Obama and Bush could easily be tried in a fair court of law and convicted of numerous crimes and abuses of office. However, that fair court does not exist because the American people as a whole are ignorant and naive. In the end we get what we deserve as a people out of our government.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 2

Silicon is superior to worthless human flaws,

Who cares if futurist morality goes against your human laws?

Morality carries no weight here, no-one ever heard of it in cyberspace,

Cyborgs are my companions now and I play the human race.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Not Morbius, Morbamaius! Only instead of sucking the blood from beautiful girls he sucks the money from your saving accounts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morbius,_the_Living_Vampire

What about Mysteriobama, the master of illusions?

• Like 1

Yes yes, we are all doomed and we live in the worst times in history.   :rolleyes:

You guys remember when Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus for all American citizens, right?  Or when FDR rounded up a bunch of Japanese Americans and put them in internment camps?  You can literally name any president and we can go down the list of shady things they did in office.  Reagan effed up psychiatric care, Clinton got impeached.  Doom and gloom and all that.  :p  

• Like 6

Yes yes, we are all doomed and we live in the worst times in history.   :rolleyes:

You guys remember when Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus for all American citizens, right?  Or when FDR rounded up a bunch of Japanese Americans and put them in internment camps?  You can literally name any president and we can go down the list of shady things they did in office.  Reagan effed up psychiatric care, Clinton got impeached.  Doom and gloom and all that.  :p

You're doing it wrong Hurlie. Factual debate has no place in an oby thread.

Perhaps Obama could become the Hobgoblin and we could call him the Hobamagoblin? Flying around on a glider maniacally laughing while lobbing explosives seems right up his alley.

• Like 5

In a different tone, there is one great thing Obama will be remembered for.  

50 years ago black kids were not even allowed to go to many white schools in this country.  We had a segregated society.

150 years ago black kids were bought and sold like cattle in this country.

The election of a black president is a tremendous symbol of how far we've come as a nation.  In another 150 years his policies will be forgotten, but the legacy of the American voters breaking the mold will continue to resonate.

• Like 3

In a different tone, there is one great thing Obama will be remembered for.  

50 years ago black kids were not even allowed to go to many white schools in this country.  We had a segregated society.

150 years ago black kids were bought and sold like cattle in this country.

The election of a black president is a tremendous symbol of how far we've come as a nation.  In another 150 years his policies will be forgotten, but the legacy of the American voters breaking the mold will continue to resonate.

Its really refreshing and good to see an American on these forums  saying something positive about there country and not seeing Obama as a complete and utter failure. So thanks for this post :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You guys remember when Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus for all American citizens, right?  Or when FDR rounded up a bunch of Japanese Americans and put them in internment camps?  You can literally name any president and we can go down the list of shady things they did in office.  Reagan effed up psychiatric care, Clinton got impeached.  Doom and gloom and all that.   :p

Yeah, it's quite ridiculous how there can be no good contemporary politicans. Bitching and moaning everywhere. I consider Obama to be a good president, as while he could be better, he's certainly not bad. Many people forget that presidents/prime ministers aren't dictators and they operate under circumstances that limit their options. If they don't do something seemingly logical and "right," it might be worthwhile to think why they are doing so.

It might be a question of perspective. Living abroad certainly helped me appreciate my own country's government and its policies. Its most recent accomplishments, namely Sikorski's handling of Ukraine together with French and German ministers makes me feel a bit of national pride. Plus, the nuclear power program is getting of the ground, so I'm a happy cat.

By the way, Clinton was not impeached, at least not in a way that ousted him from office. He was acquitted two months later by the Senate.

You guys remember when Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus for all American citizens, right?  Or when FDR rounded up a bunch of Japanese Americans and put them in internment camps?  You can literally name any president and we can go down the list of shady things they did in office.  Reagan effed up psychiatric care, Clinton got impeached.  Doom and gloom and all that.   :p

What wrong did Calvin Coolidge do?

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What wrong did Calvin Coolidge do?

Coolidge gets a bad rap when it comes to the Great Depression, but he did stabilize the office after a tumultuous Harding administration.