Cigarette and health

kliker

As we all know smoking is not good for health, while searching on how severe smoking
can be for human lungs and other organs I came across this video.

Note:For those who think smoking makes them look badass...Please, reconsider and do
some research why you think so.

Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAFtxZA7MM

Glad this isn't going into my system anymore.
They should show things like this in school to middle school students.
May have made me think twice back in the day.

I think that smoking is good for you but powerful Western corporations are trying to control how we think by saying "smoking is bad for you"

You mustn't believe them...the truth is out there :wowey:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am now at the stage where the only time I smoke is to annoy non-smokers. True story.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did you guys know that non-smokers die everyday?

• Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Smoking is pretty awful.

You should snort coke instead.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

:lol: that's a good one

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Please tell me you've never heard of Bill Hicks. You have a world of funny awaiting you.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Smoking seems to be pretty far up there in terms of stupid things to do to your body.  I would assume everyone knows that by now.  

Honestly it doesn't even seem to be worth the risk.  I get why people do drugs, they change reality, make pain go away, etc.  The high from smoking doesn't seem to outweigh the myriad of negative effects.  Couple that with their tremendously addictive nature and you have really no reason to ever start smoking. 

Please tell me you've never heard of Bill Hicks. You have a world of funny awaiting you.

I haven't heard of him before, I don't follow much comedy. But I'll get some of his work :)

John Milton 

Smoking seems to be pretty far up there in terms of stupid things to do to your body.  I would assume everyone knows that by now.  

Honestly it doesn't even seem to be worth the risk.  I get why people do drugs, they change reality, make pain go away, etc.  The high from smoking doesn't seem to outweigh the myriad of negative effects.  Couple that with their tremendously addictive nature and you have really no reason to ever start smoking. 

Heh, for a moment there I thought you meant that you get why people do hard drugs yet not why they smoke, pretty funny.

But, everyone's gotta die sometime.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

...former smoker o' almost 24 years, 5 years ago yesterday that I's quit; wish I'd ne'er started...thankfully this generation be a bit smarter than us ol' buggers...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

When I was twelve the school had a mandatory camp we had to go to (SANT - "Sniffing", Alcohol, Narcotics and Tobacco) where we got to learn about the effects of drugs and alcohol, but also sex, sexuality and openmindedness was part of it. I did not like the hugging. We got to try smoking a bit through an extra filter to the same effect as the cloth in the video.

Did'nt stop me from starting smoking myself though, when I was eighteen. Not because it was cool or anything like that, but because if you have the right tobacco, paper and filters they can be really tasty. Quit smoking a year and a half ago, and if I could start again without the nicotine or health effect, just the taste, I'd start again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I had a cousin that smoked and she had an interesting perspective on it, in that she felt that she smoked so that she could feel the same way that non-smokers normally felt (i.e. to remove the craving).

Once she had that epiphany, quitting was a lot easier for her.

^ that's essentially Allan Carr's method, it basically kills your mental/emotional addiction and leaves you with the physical one - which dies out in a couple of weeks. Helped me stop instantly, even after 10 years of smoking.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I was going to make some excessively sarcastic post exalting how this thread's OP opened my eyes and saved my life, but since they're never going to come back here again there's no point. What a disappointment. I think I'm going to take up smoking to alleviate this stress.

• Like 1

I was going to make some excessively sarcastic post exalting how this thread's OP opened my eyes and saved my life, but since they're never going to come back here again there's no point. What a disappointment. I think I'm going to take up smoking to alleviate this stress.

I'm curious if this is some anti-smoking aid bot trying to drive up sales?

I am still aghast at the idea that most of the products designed to quit smoking are sold by the same companies that sell the cigarettes.

I am still aghast at the idea that most of the products designed to quit smoking are sold by the same companies that sell the cigarettes.

You guys over thinking it, as long as you smoke it on your own time and dime, without effecting anyone else, no one gives a ****(maybe the usual health crazy people fringe)

Sales of what? No products were ever named.

You guys over thinking it, as long as you smoke it on your own time and dime, without effecting anyone else, no one gives a ****(maybe the usual health crazy people fringe)

You know "the point"? It's on the opposite side of the Earth from you. In regards to the post I made and the reply.

Ignoring that, more than half the people in the US are "health crazy people on the fringe" by your definition. The proportion of Americans who smoke tobacco is about 17% these days. Laws and ordinances going up to prevent secondhand smoke (i.e. you smokers bothering other people by giving them cancer, or with your noxious hobo-like stench,) are constantly popping up in cities and states without fail.

Yes, you are being persecuted. It's a tragedy.

Edited by AGX-17

If they make a better margin on the anti-smoking material then I'd say that was the perfect setup.

-Elwood Blues