The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

Lord Humungus rocks.

Indeed. I have increased and improved my lifting regime so I can go as Humungus at next years Halloween party. Not that I can match the physique of a professional bodybuilder but I'm actually not that far from it either.

Don't forget the singing lessons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-_L0IOaGM

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Not necessarily funny, but nonetheless cool for my fellow speed freaks out there:

325e39c55353b01a.gif

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

RlMMMl6.jpg

you know this made me think... calling the black people in the US african american, is actually more racist than calling them black. calling them african, is like denying them their national identity... they are no longer americans with black skin, they are africans who live in america

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I think it has to do with the fact that most black people in America have no idea which tribes, ethnic group, country or countries their ancestors come from whereas it's not uncommon to hear things like German American, Italian American, Irish American, etc. I have seen more recent immigrants from Africa refer to themselves as Nigerian, Ethiopian or whatever else American.

Just my thoughts anyway

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

That's absolutely hilarious and exactly how I remember the traffic in the Ukraine. I was basically wondering if everyone had stolen their cars.

That would also explain the excessive speeding in those countries.

Excessive consumption of vodka + liberation from the boot heel of communism + aggressive "manliness" culture = a plethora of amusing dash cam videos.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

they are no longer americans with black skin, they are africans who live in america

And, given the cultural Balkanization proceeding apace in the USA, that's how a great many of them prefer being referenced.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

In December 2002, a 60-year-old mechanic named Leon Humphreys was fined £25 for failing to notify the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency that he had removed his Suzuki motorcycle from road usage. He refused to pay and claimed that he had the right, under medieval law, to choose a trial by combat with a "champion" nominated by the DVLA. This claim was denied by a court of magistrates in Bury St Edmunds, and he was further fined.
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

B-2, SR-71, and Su-27 brisket anyone?

F2JusY8.jpg

BJ85IUa.jpg

jZlFOj2.jpg

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

It's a very strange concept to me, to pay to not drive your car.

I've paid for insurance for a car that was just sitting in case something happened to it but the rate was minuscule and it was not mandatory. I wonder if it's just California that does that in the US.

You don't have to register your vehicle in Colorado?  Huh, I'm pretty sure that most states have those fees.

It's more expensive in the US, that's for sure.  I pay about $200 a year per vehicle, including my RV.

Oh yeah absolutely, I had to pay $1100 for my car this year, I'm referring to non operational vehicles or vehicles that may work but are not used by choice.

I don't know the what the law is for them here in CO but in AZ you could just turn in your license plate and not worry about it 

Edited by ShadySands

Maybe NSFW, as there is a spot of censoring that leaves little to the imagination. But hey, from what I hear continentals do get to see boobs on TV.

• Like 1

-Rod Serling

I have seen more recent immigrants from Africa refer to themselves as Nigerian, Ethiopian or whatever else American.

In Russia Africans don't like use Western names of artificial post-colonial "states", they use own tribal/ethnic names instead. Looks like Western society forced them to do what they don't like.  Same story about immigrants from Russia, Westling don't interesting what ethnicity they really are and named them all as Russians.

0_84186_27bbced7_XL.jpg

http://www.i4u.com/2014/05/73982/cat-attacks-dog-save-boy

This is really cute, especially if you like your cat stories

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You have to notify the gov't if you aren't going to drive your vehicle? Or am I completely misunderstanding British English?

Yeah, found that odd, too.

Anyway, next time the police pulls me over for speeding I'll tell them they're full of sh!t and demand a trial by combat. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

http://www.i4u.com/2014/05/73982/cat-attacks-dog-save-boy

This is really cute, especially if you like your cat stories

Its pretty awesome video.

Our cat we had when I was a kid had kittens and when a doberman in the neighborhood got loose and came around the front fence. It barked at the cat who hissed back, but the doberman was undeterred. Our cat changed tactics by jumping over the fence, landingd on the back of the doberman and starting clawing. She rode the doberman's back through our yard like he was bucking bronco and our cat was a cowgirl.

When the doberman got to the edge of our yard, our cat jumped off his back and calmly walked back to where we had her kittens at. The doberman ran back home yelping. So cats aren't afraid to fight for something, that's for sure.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man