The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

You will remain seated until the Remain Seated sign goes off...or else!

• Like 2

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I swear the M-249 had a twin-handle rear buttstock thing, almost like a .50, perhaps ... or am I thinking of a different weapon. I remember because during disassembly practice, long ago, I took the handle unit off and placed it face down, which was a no-no. I had to run up the hill three times for doing that. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Maybe you're thinking of the paratrooper version, the buttstock could be mistaken with a ''twin handle'' like the ones on the M2 .50

GP-M249-L.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Did some checking, and the "twin-handle" that I remember is called a spade grip, but I can't find any M249s with it. So I suspect my memory is of an M60 or similar, with spade grips, even though for sure the M249 was part of the program at the time (1991).

Isn't this the Firearms thread? Sorry. :dancing:   

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

You will remain seated until the Remain Seated sign goes off...or else!

Gives new meaning to the phrase, 'getting your ticket punched'.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Man wants his own Tiger tank. Can't get one. Builds his own:

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The way the driver just gets tossed aside is the part, I suspect.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra