The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

npaecatzwbvagqv0iuzl.jpg

88 dollars for a game? are they nuts?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

npaecatzwbvagqv0iuzl.jpg

88 dollars for a game? are they nuts?

It's even worse than that, they're Australian.

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Definitely a JB hi-fi price and minimalistic price tag. They always undercut the RRP by, erm, $1.95. Not a game specific thing, the RRP of PC games is $89.95 most of the time, and has been for around a couple of decades despite the value of the Australian dollar during that time having at various times been: a) under half of one US dollar; or b) higher than one US dollar.

Sometimes a few ...optimistic companies try to raise the RRP - I remember Dragon Age Origins being a scarcely believable $109.95. Then they wonder why Australians choose to buy tax-free imports.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Liverpool's choke job today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Xbones worth of power. I thought that was funny.

Excellent ... my PC is 1.4 Xbones. I didn't think such a gulf existed between the 7850 and 7870 ... 1.4 to 2.0 Xbones worth. That 7790 seems optimistic at 1.4, too. Maybe their wikipedia source is slightly fudged. Still funny, though. 

All Stop. On Screen.

There are many more outliers than that, such as the 5870 also being rated higher than the 7870. But FLOPS are a very specific thing so it shouldn't be taken to have a direct correlation with actual gaming speed.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

There are many more outliers than that, such as the 5870 also being rated higher than the 7870. But FLOPS are a very specific thing so it shouldn't be taken to have a direct correlation with actual gaming speed.

Don't forget that the Xbone is also going to add all types of horsepower from The Cloud.

michael-keaton.gif

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

BoNHCDO.jpg

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Driving home, I got behind a Toyota Highlander and noticed it had weird vanity plates - "BE ONLY".

Then I saw it had a special made license plate frame with three words on it "There", "Can" and "one"

So yes, you're probably getting what it said -

HIGHLANDER (car logo)
There can  (top of frame)
BE ONLY    (license)
one        (bottom of frame)

:thumbsup:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

those cars must get into head on collisions with others of the same make a lot.

• Like 6

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

those cars must get into head on collisions with others of the same make a lot.

Well played, sir.  Well played, indeed.

90.gif

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Or.. you could just post the Imgur pic like everyone else.

4SnEGaV.jpg

Except the plate would be from the wrong state if I did that. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That's absolutely hilarious and exactly how I remember the traffic in the Ukraine. I was basically wondering if everyone had stolen their cars.

That would also explain the excessive speeding in those countries.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I have left Greece and Turkey with the distinct impression that they regard traffic rules as recommendation only, while in Scotland people seem overly polite drivers and pedestrians.

Though my impression might be tinted by my specific experience i.e. maybe those overly polite gestures where actually: OMG we are in the tourist habitat, take no chance wave the crazy ****s to slow down, or about ****ing tourists who are unfamiliar with lay of the land in overly congested, poorly designed traffic hell holes.