Rosbjerg

I'd like it if the general game searches didn't include Early Access titles, so I don't have to wade through tons of those to find the actual new/full releases. That is, keep Early Access in that Early Access search category only. If I look under RPG I don't want to sift through all of them there, too.

....we're not all interested in Early Access.

I would love if the same was also true for DLC.

Tried looking for RPG's during X-mas sale, and pretty 60 of the entries where Borderland 2 DLC. Even ignoring that it's not a RPG, that's a lot of clutter I had to go through, and so I didn't bother with any other type, since the majority was filled with that non-sense, and I saw no way to turn it off :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Went "online" for the 1st time in months, noticed that you can now set individual games to "not download/update" - I'll try it and see if it actually works, or if it'll still "forget" my settings when I go offline and try to download everything when I go back online. If it does work, that'd finally fix one of the major dislikes I've always had with Steam.

Question: if hubby DL'd TL2 on his Steam account during the free weekend, and I then buy it on my account and gift it to him, would he have to download it again/lose any save games?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Question: if hubby DL'd TL2 on his Steam account during the free weekend, and I then buy it on my account and gift it to him, would he have to download it again/lose any save games?

after the weekend Steam moved my installation to Other Games with the option to buy the game. as soon as I redeemed my gift copy, it moved it back into my library and downloaded some small update. ran it, and it still had my character and all progress saved

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I have no idea what "TL2" is, but my generic answer would be, "I very much doubt it" for both questions. As long as he originally played on his account and continues to play on his account, regardless of any other circumstances, his saves should be still used for any future playing. As for redownloading the game, I would say "no" no matter what. I can't think of any reason for having to redownload a game already installed. Steam is pretty good with that sort of thing. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ok, thanks, I'll assume it'll be fine, then. :)

..the Steam update thingie doesn't work, however. As soon as you get online, even if it doesn't download an update, when Steam detects a game has an update available, the game goes into an "Update Required" mode, meaning you can't play it until you update it. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I hate how it still wont accept anything other than the C drive for proper installations. It seems to work fine and then after a while it randomly  reinstalls the whole game when you launch. As far as I can tell it doesn't download very much, but it takes a long time to do basically nothing. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I run almost all my installs from a different hard drive (as in not C). I've even installed one game to a USB3 external drive. Never had a problem with it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Similar to mkreku, I don't keep even a single game on my C:\ drive, and have never had problems like that, (and my Steam is installed to my C:\ drive). Steam is neat in that it checks every time you start Steam up what games you have installed in your SteamApps directories, (if it's across multiple drives/locations), via the appmanifest_xxx.acf files in said directories...which is also useful for faking games being installed for collecting trading cards by having Steam launch the "game" and in reality only opening a notepad instance or such, (or for just accruing play time for whatever reason). Not sure why you're having problems with it. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I run almost all my installs from a different hard drive (as in not C). I've even installed one game to a USB3 external drive. Never had a problem with it.

Same as me, I never install anything to the C: drive

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Both Steam and most of its games are on a dedicated SSD for me - drive F - with a few stragglers installed on the spindle drive. Until my most recent install I did it via symlinks and later the Steam Mover third party tool, but that's apparently no longer necessary.

That said, I tried copying an XCOM install over to a different PC lately, and after doing the copying and running the Steam install routine, it decided to empty out the XCOM directory instead and attempt to redownload the whole thing from scratch. Even over a local network, 20gb isn't a quick copy, grrrr. Terminating the download, recopying everything, then resuming worked, but it's still an iffy process.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

*reads thread*

I'm beginning to feel like an old fart for still having my games installed to the main C: directory....although since Win7 I haven't used the actual Program Files directory in ages. Win7 kinda ticked me off with that...

That said, I tried copying an XCOM install over to a different PC lately, and after doing the copying and running the Steam install routine, it decided to empty out the XCOM directory instead and attempt to redownload the whole thing from scratch. Even over a local network, 20gb isn't a quick copy, grrrr. Terminating the download, recopying everything, then resuming worked, but it's still an iffy process.

You can skip the iffy Steam "reinstall" process, (which I *have* had problems with, though it worked well recently when I moved my Steam folder recently), by copying the relevant appmanifest_xxx.acf from your original SteamApps folder to the next and then restarting Steam. For Enemy Unknown, it'd be appmanifest_200510.acf. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

Bought the Walking dead collection (season 1) and I loved it! I bought the Wolf among us as well (great too!) and, as lot of other players, I'm desperately waiting for the second episode...If you want to play it, I would recommend you to wait until all the episodes are out (which may take a while) as it is so frustrating to have to wait after such a cliffhanger! ;(

• Like 2

Bought the Walking dead collection (season 1) and I loved it! I bought the Wolf among us as well (great too!) and, as lot of other players, I'm desperately waiting for the second episode...If you want to play it, I would recommend you to wait until all the episodes are out (which may take a while) as it is so frustrating to have to wait after such a cliffhanger! ;(

I played Walking Dead season 1 about 3 months ago and I found it evocative, haunting and thoroughly entertaining. A really good gaming experience 8)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've always waited for the full seasons of Telltale games to come out before I bought them. Then I kind of made the mistake of playing episode 1 of Wolf. I bought the season pass and I hate having to wait for them. Probably because Fables is so new to me as opposed to the other ones I've played is the reason for my impatience. I couldn't care less about Season 2 of Walking Dead right now, but I will happily wait until that one is finished before I get it. It also doesn't help that I'm zombied-out right now. Zombies are my current vampires v. werewolves.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I'd argue you broke it.

You may not like the gameplay, but it's still a game.  Just a rant as I grow weary of seeing this crop up all the time (for more than just The Walking Dead) as what constitutes a game is somewhere rigidly defined.