Rosbjerg

What I'm confused about is if 38 Studio's has gone bankrupt who does the support for this game? Where are the developers.... :ermm:

And some people would say that you just summed up everything that is wrong with the gaming industry:

You look at a game, and before playing it, wonder who will patch it, as you are by now expecting a certain amount of bugs in any and every product.

:)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Someone should try to make a bug free game, would be curious at how long the QA cycle would be.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, just set it at unexpected behaviours.  Simple enough definition of a bug.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kingdoms of Amalur is on special offer, UK£5.99 or 7.99 for the CE with all the game DLC.

I've never played it, apart from tinkering with the demo so it's a steal at that price. It can join all the other games I haven't really got time to play.

Monte Carlo: It's definitely worth one playthrough. All I can say is that God of War-like combat comes with a QTE button masher and it is usually far too easy. I even played it at the hardest difficulty. Crafting is way too overpowered, and there are weird messages when you try to click on caves and trails sometimes saying that your not high enough level for this content. Grr! There are plenty of plain fetch quests spread out like miles and miles from one another. You also have that small inventory to boost up. Google online where those NPCs are that can enlarge it for you, coz the lewt in this game is aplenty. If you also pick up the dlcs, I'd say the one with the stone giants is far more entertaining than the one with the island, where you get a pirate stronghold.

I found the setting, lore, and quests sleep inducingly boring, but the combat, while easy, is quite fun, minus the mash the button QTE garbage.  Overall it's a fairly enjoyable game, well worth the sale price.

Also, the disenchant mini-game is worse than hacking in Alpha Protocol.

The disenchant mini-game is quite possibly the worst thing ever programmed.  Worse than the Sasser and Melissa viruses.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I couldn't get halfway through Amalur. I tried hard to like it, really enjoyed the demo, really enjoyed he start of it... then realized I was what looked to only be a quarter of the way through the game and I had nothing to look forward to. No interesting plot hooks, no intrigue, nothing on my skills tab that looked like it would alter the gameplay in any significant way.

And I gave it up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I picked up Amalur + the DLC as well. The camera is what stopped me from buying it in the past -- I'd played it at a friend's for a few hours, and just hated how close it felt to the character. It looks like there is a fanmade camera mod which will hopefully make it more bearable for me.

What I'm confused about is if 38 Studio's has gone bankrupt who does the support for this game? Where are the developers.... :ermm:

And some people would say that you just summed up everything that is wrong with the gaming industry:

You look at a game, and before playing it, wonder who will patch it, as you are by now expecting a certain amount of bugs in any and every product.

That's well said, very clever observation. I'm so use to bugs I assume you can't release a game without a development team waiting to fix things :blink:

I enjoyed Amalur too, but it's a bit of a buzzkill knowing it is a very dead IP.

Hurlshot you probably won't believe me but that's exactly why I've never bought this game before, I'm battling with the fact that there will never be another game set in the world with all the lore and characters. It shouldn't effect me but for some reason it does

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I enjoyed Amalur too, but it's a bit of a buzzkill knowing it is a very dead IP.

Hurlshot you probably won't believe me but that's exactly why I've never bought this game before, I'm battling with the fact that there will never be another game set in the world with all the lore and characters. It shouldn't effect me but for some reason it does

Honestly, most of Amalur is forgetably boring fantasy with some fake nice dark elves forced into it because Salvatore.

Personally I really enjoyed the fae parts of the game - the House of Ballads storyline, the Maid of Windermere and the Widdow npcs. To a lesser extend the House of Sorrows story. A friend tells me that these ideas were all stolen (and most of the game story is heavily inspired ... the bad guys are called Tuatha after all) but he hasn't actually played the game :p

The interaction of immortal creatures forever living in the same cycle works well with the player character's situation.

If the game had concentrated more on the Crystal War that is the main plot and had tried less to fill the world with other stuff to simulate the open world experience, I think the story would have greatly benefitted and perhaps the game as a whole.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I grabbed Amalur. Its like a single player WoW with fun combat. Which is fitting as it was essentially a proof of concept setting up their MMO.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This is a very, very special case and context, though.

If one liked Kingdoms of Amalur, is the DLC worth it? I have KoA on Origin, but if the DLC is any good, I'll grab the complete edition on Steam.

Yes. The DLC is actully rather good.

They each have a story, both better than most things encountered in the main game.

They both are of good length.

On top of that I couldn't help but compare the Dead Kel DLC to Dragon Age: Origin's Wardens' Keep DLC. While the Stronghold you gain in Dead Kel is far from perfect and can't introduce new gameplay elements, at least with it they tried to give the illusion that you have a keep you can interact with - if Wardens' Keep had had this, that dlc would have been worth the effort :/

Well, one thing that Origin does way better than Steam is download speeds:

origin_zps72befcf8.jpg

Of course, that may well be because noone except me actually downloads anything from there..

Edit: It's actually rising. I think this is the first service that has capped my line:

origin2_zps5b11650a.jpg

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I tried reinstalling Dragon Age: Origins with Origin, and none of my DLC will download. Its showing up as purchased, but none of it will download.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I tried reinstalling Dragon Age: Origins with Origin, and none of my DLC will download. Its showing up as purchased, but none of it will download.

Maybe you shouldn't use a pirated version of the game ....... :ermm:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela