Rosbjerg

Greenlight is reportedly dead by 2015 anyhow.

Is there a source on that? Seems very popular and Steam seems to have gotten a lot of Indie game sales because of it.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hm, well Vampire Bloodlines is as 75% off as part of the Activision sale.. I've got the physical copy stashed around somewhere.. but I think for about £3, I'll add it to my digital library to save on hassle.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Is there a source on that? Seems very popular and Steam seems to have gotten a lot of Indie game sales because of it.

The internet has a tendency to pronounce things dead. Especially the gaming community. Just take PC gaming. I hope when I get pronounced dead, I'll be as dead as PC gaming ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The internet has a tendency to pronounce things dead. Especially the gaming community. Just take PC gaming. I hope when I get pronounced dead, I'll be as dead as PC gaming ;)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-looking-to-discontinue-steam-greenlight-and-steam-os-may-have-exclusives/1100-6417155/

http://www.shacknews.com/article/82660/valve-steam-greenlight-will-go-away

http://www.examiner.com/article/valve-to-do-away-with-steam-s-greenlight

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Inquisitor is $2 on Steam.

Done, that's a good price and I couldn't say no :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guest Slinky

Greenlight going away might be good considering they will allow developers to self publish.

Looking at the speed Steam has been filling up with utter rotten crap, I'm not sure is that a good thing.

I would prefer at least some quality standards to be set.

Steam is adding games I never bought to my library.

They do that when a game becomes free for the weekend and such

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Greenlight going away might be good considering they will allow developers to self publish.

Looking at the speed Steam has been filling up with utter rotten crap, I'm not sure is that a good thing.

I would prefer at least some quality standards to be set.

Yes there is so much rubbish there now half of the steam "news"are borderline spam if you were to go by the quality of the offerings.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Oh, I thought I was the only one dealing with that.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"The Steam servers are currently down for routine maintenance. Friends will automatically reconnect as soon as they (be?)come available."

Would be nice if they announced it in advance...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

How can they announce in advance what they can't predict themselves? Obviously something huge happened. Or if it was a real maintenance and they didn't say anything, then they're real diks. Steam was down for almost 2 hours.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

define routine

noun: a sequence of actions regularly followed; a fixed program.

adjective: performed as part of a regular procedure rather than for a special reason.

verb: organize according to a routine.

I would assume it was expected, otherwise they're using the word "routine" incorrectly.

Been down for a few hours too.

How can they announce in advance what they can't predict themselves? Obviously something huge happened. Or if it was a real maintenance and they didn't say anything, then they're real diks. Steam was down for almost 2 hours.

Did you boys survive this calamitous event....please let me know you are okay ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Fine.

It was rather annoying though as I had been mostly in bed for the past 20 hours with the flu. When I woke up at around 4AM there was nothing to do. Steam being online would have allowed me to try to bother friends fom other time zones a bit more effectively ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).