What you did today

Rosbjerg

Ohh, thanks, I'll try that!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Pff a new thread and 10 pages behind?

I announced the closure of my facebook account today. I will be closing it on January first. I'm done having an abusive codependent relationship with that privacy invading, data selling, narcissism inducing time vampire of a site. I never liked it in the first place. I was on there to keep in touch with people I met on a forum, and since I'm not really in touch with them anyway, goodbye.

Anyone got a good alternative for Youtube? Because I'm pretty much done with that parasite of a site as well.

I'm saving this post as proof of when the next Ted Kaczynski was born

Edit: Oh, and Happy Turkey day everyone!

Edited by Orogun01
  • Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

New meds for mom, and they're altering some of her old ones. So I've got to learn the new setup for everything as I sort out the drugs for the next 7 days...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

New meds for mom, and they're altering some of her old ones. So I've got to learn the new setup for everything as I sort out the drugs for the next 7 days...

I assume you have a pill box tray thing?

You know the thing. It's like the World's saddest advent calendar.

~~

Amused to day when some wide boy from another business came into work and was treating us all like scum.

Unlike every man I work with, this greasy f***er wouldn't know an honest day's work if it wrestled him to the floor and chewed his leg off. Made me realise how proud I am of my team, even if we are weirdos working on minimum wage!

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Told my boss I can't handle the kid I'm working with. She told me that that's the only position they need someone in. I told her that I know. There was an awkward silence and then I left her office.

This discussion was had while she was about to renew my contract for another 6 months.

Looking back at the situation, I find it very amusing.

Me: Oh hi, I need-

Boss: Hi, we haven't talked about what will happen after December 31st. Come to my office.

Me: (I go to her office) Hi, I'm not sure I can work with this kid, I'm all stressed out and it is affecting my health both physically and mentally.

Boss: That's the only position we need right now, we don't have anything else.

Me: I know.

Edited by Labadal

Told my boss I can't handle the kid I'm working with. She told me that that's the only position they need someone in. I told her that I know. There was an awkward silence and then I left her office.

This discussion was had while she was about to renew my contract for another 6 months.

Boss: Hi, we haven't talked about what will happen after December 31st. Come to my office.

Me: (I go to her office) Hi, I'm not sure I can work with this kid, I'm all stressed out and it is affecting my health both physically and mentally.

What's bugging you so much about the kid?

BTW, Ros. That gif is awesome. I feel incredibly homesick and I don't understand why, since I'm already AT home.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Been working because I am in the travel industry. Got about 7 hours at time and a half yesterday before going to a friends place for thanksgiving.

Today while waiting for passengers I've been on TV tropes and got a little sad that I'm not mentioned in "Contest Winner Cameo". Stupid reason? yea but hey, when you win something you like it to be recognized.

I guess that means my name looks like it belongs in a video game?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

BTW, Ros. That gif is awesome. I feel incredibly homesick and I don't understand why, since I'm already AT home.

Threatening to kill himself. That's where I draw the line.

If he's just acting up then I can see why you'd be annoyed. If he's serious shouldn't you be handing over to some sort of professional? Your boss surely can't just ignore the issue. What if he actually tries?

~~

Struggling a bit with insomnia. This picture is calming me down.

Kitten9.jpg

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

If he's just acting up then I can see why you'd be annoyed. If he's serious shouldn't you be handing over to some sort of professional? Your boss surely can't just ignore the issue. What if he actually tries?

~~

Kitten9.jpg

The last straw was him trying. I've been telling them this is coming but been ignored. Well, that will no longer be the case. I simply don't have the competence to deal with this.

Anyway, was going to start one of my 120 backlogged games but ended up trying the PC version of Risen. Why do I do this to myself?

Kitten9.jpg

Awwwww!

I melted a little bit, right when I saw that.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Got three fillings, that numbing stuff is irritating. And have to get another tomorrow.  Two are just from clenching teeth, but better get flossing again.  Week off is over with, so preparing for work and Christmas "party" with coworkers next week. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got three fillings, that numbing stuff is irritating. And have to get another tomorrow.  Two are just from clenching teeth, but better get flossing again.  Week off is over with, so preparing for work and Christmas "party" with coworkers next week. 

I did the same thing earlier in the week, I hate the dentist.

I imagine your office Christmas party will consist of people barely concealing an intense hatred of one another behind fake smiles and ****ty gifts. Which I'm sure is something like 90% of office parties.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I got my last couple of fillings without local anesthetics (by my demand), hurts a bit but the pain is gone quickly and there is not this annoying numb feeling that lasts for hours.  I can only recommend avoiding anesthetics as long as we're not talking about root canal therapy, its hell without it. 

What I did today: tomorrow is the last day before my shooting range closes till next year so I reloaded so much ammo till I got all dizzy.....I had weird nightmares of reloading ammo. But totally worth it, I've got to do some tests with some reloads so I can make some final adjustments and handload a ton of ammo during the winter. No sweat!

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Was having trouble sleeping, so I decided to give up for a bit and read some John G Hemry rather then just toss and turn and stare at dark ceiling. Of course, then I ended up reading the whole book in a couple of hours before trying to sleep again. At least I got a semi-lazy lay in for a bit on this Saturday...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I imagine your office Christmas party will consist of people barely concealing an intense hatred of one another behind fake smiles and ****ty gifts. Which I'm sure is something like 90% of office parties.

Gifts, heh, no. My company is all about work, well the clique of old and wife-whipped devs anyway.  Most of the guys I used to spend the party with sarcastically mocking the dinner have resigned or left the country so I might just claim I have videotapes to return at 8 pm.   People will be pretty chatty, even if it'll be about their work or their kids.  Sadly not enough time for me to prepare a brief on possible topics so I won't be talking much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After playing Assassin's Creed 3 all morning, I decided to get up on my roof, clean the gutters, and put up the Christmas lights.  There was less parkour involved, but it still a bit exciting at times when my feet slipped. 

LOL please tell me you were wearing a white robe with the hood while you did that! Oh, wait.. on second thought that might not be a good look. People unfamiliar with the game might get the wrong idea... if you know what I mean!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 hour train ride back to my old hometown and family house. Very meditative.. Tonight I decided to be honest with them about a lot of the issues I've had with them over the years. It went a little better than expected, but mostly just happy I said it and was honest about it.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

6 hour train ride back to my old hometown and family house. Very meditative.. Tonight I decided to be honest with them about a lot of the issues I've had with them over the years. It went a little better than expected, but mostly just happy I said it and was honest about it.

I never understood how people can not air out their family issues, whenever my family has an issue we just yell it at each other. Today was an issue day BTW.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif