What you did today

Rosbjerg

What I did: 90 kg bent-over barbell rows, 8 repetitions, 3 sets. Sadly still a long way to go till I can row my own body weight 8 times but I'm slowly getting there. Very slowly. Maybe next year, spring or so... :unsure:

...You know what this forum is sorely missing? A fitness thread. I'm gonna make one.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Been drinking more these past five days than I have in the past five years (almost). These past five days have been both good and bad. I've slept later than 2 a.m and been drinking alcohol with friends. I've also not eaten much at home so a lot of money has been spent on restaurants with good food and even more alcohol. My body is tired but all the symptoms of stress that I have been experiencing the past few months are non-existent.

Life goes back to normal tomorrow.  :shrugz:

Can there also be hopefully attractively fit women in it?  :mellow:

I'd love to say ''hell yeah!'' but such thread would eventually turn into a post-hot-women-pics thread with Oby spamming his race BS and then it all would end in tears.  

• Like 2

sick, stayed in all day and played games on my computer with 3 layers on. same as yesterday. I feel like doing nothing else.

Ah, I'm never sick for long, and I haven't been really sick in a while so I'm OK with it

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Rather than pull stumps which is hard work, I dug out around them, packed the trenches with split kindling, doused the suckers with gas and lit them up. Stumps - 0, Me -1.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I always dig them out, use the axe to cut the roots and hack the stump to pieces so I don't have to pull out the whole thing (without the help of a tractor or other mechanical devices). Its like a tooth surgery, break the tooth in pieces and pull it out. 

Never considered burning them an option, sounds like a cool idea. 

Woke up and realized that I had to mourn the Ladies thread.

On the other hand we know that Oby can operate with some greater degree of latitude than the rest, so he may be one of the mods or developers.

It's a fine art to ride the edge of the rules, wouldn't say he has more freedom than the rest of you as, well, none of you actually try it.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looking for a new car, but may take a bit because I want a Ford Ranger with a stick, hard to find in Iowa.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Looking for a new car, but may take a bit because I want a Ford Ranger with a stick, hard to find in Iowa.

Those were great trucks. I wish Ford had never stopped making them. I used to have on myself.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Woke up and realized that I had to mourn the Ladies thread.

On the other hand we know that Oby can operate with some greater degree of latitude than the rest, so he may be one of the mods or developers.

It's a fine art to ride the edge of the rules, wouldn't say he has more freedom than the rest of you as, well, none of you actually try it.

Ok, first try:

"Hitler was an OK guy in small doses"

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Rather than pull stumps which is hard work, I dug out around them, packed the trenches with split kindling, doused the suckers with gas and lit them up. Stumps - 0, Me -1.

The true joy comes with outwitting the treestump.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ok, first try:

"Hitler was an OK guy in small doses"

Well, you'd be right. He did like dogs, that is an OK thing to do. Heh, y'know it'd be funny if he supported a football team. Imagine they'd have to disband :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I always dig them out, use the axe to cut the roots and hack the stump to pieces so I don't have to pull out the whole thing (without the help of a tractor or other mechanical devices). Its like a tooth surgery, break the tooth in pieces and pull it out. 

Never considered burning them an option, sounds like a cool idea. 

In most cases, tree stumps have too much retained internal moisture to be especially flammable.  Unless you bring some serious amount of fuel to the party, they get scorched around the edges and just outlast the fire.  I guess you could try to dry them out by digging the dirt out from around them and leave it exposed for a few months (somehow keeping the rain off and preventing the ditch from filling with water).  But that would take a lot of time and work, with no guarantee of success. 

I think GD should try to scorch the stumps in a low O2 environment, to make his own charcoal for BBQ'ing purposes. 

For my part, I'm coming off a busy weekend, with some of my wife's family around.  My neice (the very premature one, now weighing in at 1700g) is scheduled for some surgery this afternoon to hopefully address her intestinal problems. 

Annoyed at my mother and the nhs. She finally admitted to me that she hadn't been able to renew her prescription last week, and she was actually out of her meds last Thursday and hadn't told anyone. I have to admit, I tend to sort out her doses a week in advance, but rely on her saying "oh, can you set up the next week now", for some reason she didn't do that. Or admit that she hadn't managed to get them to sort out the prescription for this month.

So I've pretty much been trying to find any short stashes of left over drugs and pretty much been standing over her to make sure she takes the morning, lunch, and evening ones we still have in the house. Of course, besides all of that, without the diabetic portion of her meds her blood sugar level is now up to 15.4 >_< And she was bitching at me for not letting her have any of the dessert I made the other night.

And the nhs prescription line has been locked solid today so can't get through. Bloody silly they shut it off at noon as well. Was using three separate phones pretty much on continuous redial over an hour and couldn't get through. Bloody nhs.

Edit: Also, my ipod wasn't syncing properly, so I've had to reset it to factory settings in an attempt to get it to work.

Now it's going to take bloody hours to resync my music collection back onto it. 25,831 tracks does just take a wee bit of time.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Weird Dream - Eartha Kitt was announcing to the press that she was going to do a 90th birthday tour around the world.  She didn't explain how she would do this having, sadly, passed on a few years ago, instead dodging the question.  Nor was there any explanation as to why the press conference was happening in my shower as I was trying to get ready to go to work and, in fact, taking a shower.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Annoyed at my mother and the nhs. She finally admitted to me that she hadn't been able to renew her prescription last week, and she was actually out of her meds last Thursday and hadn't told anyone. I have to admit, I tend to sort out her doses a week in advance, but rely on her saying "oh, can you set up the next week now", for some reason she didn't do that. Or admit that she hadn't managed to get them to sort out the prescription for this month.

So I've pretty much been trying to find any short stashes of left over drugs and pretty much been standing over her to make sure she takes the morning, lunch, and evening ones we still have in the house. Of course, besides all of that, without the diabetic portion of her meds her blood sugar level is now up to 15.4 >_< And she was bitching at me for not letting her have any of the dessert I made the other night.

And the nhs prescription line has been locked solid today so can't get through. Bloody silly they shut it off at noon as well. Was using three separate phones pretty much on continuous redial over an hour and couldn't get through. Bloody nhs.

Edit: Also, my ipod wasn't syncing properly, so I've had to reset it to factory settings in an attempt to get it to work.

Now it's going to take bloody hours to resync my music collection back onto it. 25,831 tracks does just take a wee bit of time.

I formed the opinion many years ago that invalid mothers occasionally do bloody annoying things just because it's the only freedom they have. In much the same way that a baby vomits.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Weird Dream - Eartha Kitt was announcing to the press that she was going to do a 90th birthday tour around the world.  She didn't explain how she would do this having, sadly, passed on a few years ago, instead dodging the question.  Nor was there any explanation as to why the press conference was happening in my shower as I was trying to get ready to go to work and, in fact, taking a shower.

If Freud taught me anything, you're obviously repressing deep and traumatic sexual urges directed at your parents.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

If Freud taught me anything, you're obviously repressing deep and traumatic sexual urges directed at your parents.

Worst woodwork class ever.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

My woodworking teacher I had in school was so touchy feely that the majority of the guys changed to sewing class instead, including me, and the girls went to woodworking class and wore low cut tops and passed with B's and A's.

Then again, the sewing class teacher was hot. And really flirty. >_<

Somehow, he's still employed there.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Going to lecture tonight. Going to lock down for the next two weeks to work on a term paper. Afterwards, going to GM a PF group that uses a lot of a substance legal in colorado.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

PF? Can't remember that abbreviation...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Pathfinder maybe ?

Listening to family drama while I try to tune them out. Might be productive and study something

Edited by Malcador