Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

"More then console players?"

Console players tend to be busy doing their stupid console wars of whose is bigger and better and why. They deserved slapping too.

How about them pinball players, I hear they go on tilt often!

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Why doesn't Vivienne have a Frenchie accent?

Because French accents are associated with running away, gelatinous cheese, duplicity and small, unreliable motor cars.

Only accents from This Blessed Plot can convince 'Muricans that there is a proper villain about.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, don't be hatin' on French cheeses.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Osvir, I think you're over thinking this a tad bit.

Depends on who is reading it. I like to dig deep and analyze various perspectives because I think it's fun to do so :)

That's why you're a wiki dude. And I applaud you for that. 

Edit: I confused you with Ausir, please ignore this stupid post

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

"Morrigan was high int, low wis."

How so? She seemed to have a lot of common sense. What she lacked was proper (modernized) social skills since had no problem verbally assaulting people when they annoyed her. And, she wasn't as empathetic as she could be towards strangers.

"Proper (modernized)" social skills? You think there were no rules of etiquette or a concept of tact in Þe olden tymes (it's a fantasy game with a medieval-equivalent setting)? She was a misanthrope, plain and simple.

There's a reason the ancient Greeks coined the term "barbarian," after all. Philosophers debating amongst grand marble colonnades several centuries BCE were decidedly more refined than their neighbors to the north, or merely outside the city.

Edited by AGX-17

That gameplay video looked awesome. I wonder if I would be able to follow the story having missed all the previous games.

I don't think you'd need to. It's not like the Mass Effect series where it's just one big story.

The most important part of DA:O is that you prevented the blight from spreading across the land. DA 2 showed the mages splitting from the Chantry and the Templars starting a war against them.

The Templar/Circle war isn't the main conflict of DA:I though. It's that the Veil has torn and demons are spilling into the world.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That gameplay video looked awesome. I wonder if I would be able to follow the story having missed all the previous games.

I don't think you'd need to. It's not like the Mass Effect series where it's just one big story.

The most important part of DA:O is that you prevented the blight from spreading across the land. DA 2 showed the mages splitting from the Chantry and the Templars starting a war against them.

The Templar/Circle war isn't the main conflict of DA:I though. It's that the Veil has torn and demons are spilling into the world.

But they often do cameos and returning companions and their stories are not really touched upon since most of it develops over time rather than in a single event.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I like the combat movement animation on the fighter with the two-hander. He sort of trudges under all that armour.

I liked DA:O's tactical view and I'm not a graphics hound, so if they upgrade and stick with that I'd be happy. But it's not going to be a day one purchase for me, will wait to see what fellow Bio-sceptics here say about it and sweep it up with a GotY type deal.

This is the reason I never touched Da2 with a bargepole.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm thinking PC gamers should be physically slapped in the face every now and then, so they could put it into perspective a bit more.

Oh, you mean the perspective that we have the better machines for "proper" gaming, but still have to put up with those annoying console people? :shifty:

I have to admit, the more I hear about DA:I, the more tempting it gets. I'm interested in just how much actual choice & consequence there will be and how much you can actually shape/effect the development of the Inquisition through the game. It's making me feel like they're trying to make a crpg that actually covers that old style of D&D when you hit 9th level and got a Keep and followers :p   Having that shift from "ye low-level adventurer hacking kobolds" to "stately world affecting character and his minions".

It's an interesting idea, let's just see how the execution of it actually holds up this time around.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm thinking PC gamers should be physically slapped in the face every now and then, so they could put it into perspective a bit more.

Oh, you mean the perspective that we have the better machines for "proper" gaming, but still have to put up with those annoying console people? :shifty:

I was thinking of the "cheaper games, fewer buyers, yet still expect special treatment" perspective, but that works, too :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was thinking of the "cheaper games, fewer buyers, yet still expect special treatment" perspective, but that works, too :D

I always thought console people needed a slapping to get them to pick up on that.

You have a machine that doesn't work as well as a pc, and you still pay silly money for games to play on it that are usually not quite as capable as pc games..  :dancing:

• Like 2

"I always thought console people needed a slapping to get them to pick up on that.

You have a machine that doesn't work as well as a pc, and you still pay silly money for games to play on it that are usually not quite as capable as pc games.."

Handheld > arcade > console > PC.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Let's stop all this slapping and feel the love.

Only if you buy me drinks first. I don't put out on the first date...

About the combat, the video looks like its an action game but I only have enough twitch to control one toon at a time, ala D3. Is every single action, like in the video where the warrior is hacking away at the dude with the tower shield, is every single swing a button push? Is combat a frantic affair of button pushing and character switching?

About the combat, the video looks like its an action game but I only have enough twitch to control one toon at a time, ala D3. Is every single action, like in the video where the warrior is hacking away at the dude with the tower shield, is every single swing a button push? Is combat a frantic affair of button pushing and character switching?

It is in the console version, the PC version should have auto-attack enabled by default (the console version should have that option too). But I still don't get if those rolls, grabs and jumps are abilities, or do they have action/movement keys.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Auto-Attack damn well better be an option, and all that rolling should be able to be done without having to constantly press buttons. I do think that movement speed for the 2-handed guy could stand to be a bit faster.

Handheld > arcade > console > PC.

PC>arcade>handheld>masturbating with sandpaper>console.

I'd say consoles were fine, back in the days when they did their own thing and didn't fail at being PC lite. Those days are long gone now though.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands