What you did today

Pidesco

Monday I celebrated my 27th birthday. It was great fun and great weather.

I've also been playing a lot of minecraft lately, which is why I've been neglecting these forums somewhat. I'm catching back up today.

• Like 4

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Minecraft is great! I've been playing it a lot since its beta days with my kids (and on my own too, of course). It's great fun, very educational, and can be turned into any game you want, really. Oh, and Happy Birthday, JFSOCC! :sorcerer:

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Monday I celebrated my 27th birthday. It was great fun and great weather.

I've also been playing a lot of minecraft lately, which is why I've been neglecting these forums somewhat. I'm catching back up today.

Happy B-day my friend :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dear Diary:

Learned that Stephen King has a sequel to The Shining in the works/nearly finished or whatever. Since I tend to be a believer that some things should be left to stand on their own, I'm not sure how to feel about that. :disguise:

Signed, Mrs Get-Off-My-Lawn.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Happy Birthday JFSOCC..  Party Fun, but don't party too hard.. ;)

Drawn out day, it's turned fairly grey with on/off rain. Juggling various things, and had a 3TB drive on format for..hm, just over 5 hours now. Of course, the little green bar seems to have crept about 1/5th of the way across..

Getting hit by waves of tired and trying to keep my eyes open.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Completely exhausted by constant puffiness and itchiness, sneezing, etc. If I ever find out which ****ing plant is doing this to me, then I shall exact some sort of herbicidal revenge.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Completely exhausted by constant puffiness and itchiness, sneezing, etc. If I ever find out which ****ing plant is doing this to me, then I shall exact some sort of herbicidal revenge.

I live on generic-brand Loratadine tablets. Both for the nose and for the skin reactions - very tiny, itchy bump rashes that randomly flare up on exposed skin for 30-60 minutes then disappear entirely. When a room fan is going, when I'm outside, when I'm sitting on a couch, in a chair...suddenly itchitchitch. :verymad:

Any maple trees around? That slightly fuzzy stuff from their leaves on some varieties can be very irritating to nose and skin, I find, especially in the fall...all that tiny tiny leaf fuzz floating around in the air as dust everywhere.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I live on generic-brand Loratadine tablets. Both for the nose and for the skin reactions - very tiny, itchy bump rashes that randomly flare up on exposed skin for 30-60 minutes then disappear entirely. When a room fan is going, when I'm outside, when I'm sitting on a couch, in a chair...suddenly itchitchitch. :verymad:

Any maple trees around? That slightly fuzzy stuff from their leaves on some varieties can be very irritating to nose and skin, I find, especially in the fall...all that tiny tiny leaf fuzz floating around in the air as dust everywhere.

A bunch of folks around here have been feeling weird today and this last week. I've ... well tbh I don't recall having worse to anything other than ivy and mould. But *shrug* I was able to work a slow day so little harm done.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Was shocked at how many people commented on my weight at work.  :lol:

I actually started laughing out loud after the 5th or 6th person said you're a shadow of your former self.

I knew having less of me to love(fear) would be a hindrance for my goal of world domination.

• Like 1

I am having the hayfever day from hell and I don't understand why.

I've been sneezing all day, and I have no idea why, either.

My whole face has swelled up.

I'm putting this in context of a big meteor shower, and I have to say

TRIFFIDS!

Could be worse, could be NIGHT OF THE COMET, and you'd be a zombie.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I am having the hayfever day from hell and I don't understand why.

I've been sneezing all day, and I have no idea why, either.

My whole face has swelled up.

I'm putting this in context of a big meteor shower, and I have to say

TRIFFIDS!

Could be worse, could be NIGHT OF THE COMET, and you'd be a zombie.

...or e'en worse, actually been in that horrid movie... :facepalm:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Had almost written today off, work wise.

Then unexpectedly, my good manners ( and a degree of following my nose) appear to have saved 40 thousand pounds by way of some insider info on a deal I've been supporting.

Never underestimate: please, thank you, and a kind word.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I've graduated from military clothing to disturbingly large knives. I think I need to move back to a major city asap.

You're a Fin, it's your duty to have blades! Don't you realise how dissapointed us Swedes would be if you did'nt? :D

Also;

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Feeling a bit more tired, cranky and stressed then yesterday. I have the urge to be incredibly anti-social for a bit, but am attempting to resist that.

Crumbled up a cadbury's flake into some milk and heated it up, added some cadbury's chocolate powder and pondering on the remainder of the evening.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Happy birthday JFSOCC!

Today I worked and wasted several hours on the Internet.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Happy Birthday JFSOCC.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tried to fry up some potatoes, took me 40 minutes. I'm a good cook, I have no idea why these wouldn't get done.

Clearly you overrate yourself.

Having fun with IT today. Server is POSTing with trouble, IT says that 'Well you need more RAM'. I am kind of left wondering what exactly the **** they expect us to do and what is their job

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What kind of potatoes?  Russets are typically the easiest to cook for me, they cook fast and are better at absorbing the flavor of whatever I cook them with.  I have to be a lot more patient with Gold, Yellow, or Yukon ones.

I guess potatoes are divided up into three categories, starchy, all purpose, and waxy.  

http://www.thekitchn.com/potato-varieties-64061

Tried to fry up some potatoes, took me 40 minutes. I'm a good cook, I have no idea why these wouldn't get done.

That is weird considering there is no real skill in frying potatoes. Its all about the oil being hot enough, I assume that is what you are talking about. Frying potato chips?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela