What you did today

Pidesco

Had a case today with the douchebaggest most professional-courtesy-lacking lawyer of all time opposite me.

Could you capture him and send him to London zoo?

~

NB: This is a plan with no drawbacks.

I thought the courtroom was like those Ultimate Fighting thing cages, just with more words involved?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Had a case today with the douchebaggest most professional-courtesy-lacking lawyer of all time opposite me.

This is reminding me of a great but overused Shakespeare quote. Present company excepted of course! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The guys at the VFW gave me a bottle of Four Roses single barrel bourbon for my birthday last month. I just opened it up tonight, oh wow is it good. I was going to have just one glass but that turned into four. Which ended brings me to where I am now, a little buzzed and playing Karliene songs on my wave radio. All in all a good night so far.

It's kind of a tradition at our VFW, on your birthday you get a top shelf bottle of your favorite spirit. Sometime in the future, hopefully long into the future the USA will be gone. When that happens and history looks back on our legacy as a people, if we are remembered for nothing more than producing the worlds finest whiskey then I think we could have done far worse!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Could you capture him and send him to London zoo?

~

NB: This is a plan with no drawbacks.

I thought the courtroom was like those Ultimate Fighting thing cages, just with more words involved?

Eh, there's having a good enjoyable scrap and then there's being a clueless douche. I probably would have been less annoyed had he been competent, but in addition to being a Richard, he also made basically all the bad/inexperienced lawyer mistakes he could, resulting in a total farce with him yelling there red-faced...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The guys at the VFW gave me a bottle of Four Roses single barrel bourbon for my birthday last month. I just opened it up tonight, oh wow is it good. I was going to have just one glass but that turned into four. Which ended brings me to where I am now, a little buzzed and playing Karliene songs on my wave radio. All in all a good night so far.

It's kind of a tradition at our VFW, on your birthday you get a top shelf bottle of your favorite spirit. Sometime in the future, hopefully long into the future the USA will be gone. When that happens and history looks back on our legacy as a people, if we are remembered for nothing more than producing the worlds finest whiskey then I think we could have done far worse!

I've never had anything from Four Roses but I've been really curious to try it

I'm currently making my way through about 3 fingers of Johnnie Walker Black but what I wouldn't give for some bourbon right about now

Free games updated 3/4/21

I usually drink Knob Creek or Woodbridge but this stuff has a really great flavor. It has a faint cherry aftertaste and is really smooth.

Thomas Sowell

Been working for a week now and have already managed to work 23.5h overtime. The weekend can't come soon enough. Luckily, I can still browse the internet wherever I am and as long as I get my work done in time.

I have another 24h of OT already planned for the next days, but after that, I'll refuse any OT for the rest of my employment period (December 31st).

Been working for a week now and have already managed to work 23.5h overtime. The weekend can't come soon enough. Luckily, I can still browse the internet wherever I am and as long as I get my work done in time.

I have another 24h of OT already planned for the next days, but after that, I'll refuse any OT for the rest of my employment period (December 31st).

Heh, when they introduced actual "punching in" at the last place, I was able to take the Wednesday off on the first week due to accumulated overtime. :D

It's double pay on weekends and before 6am or after 8 pm on Mon-Fri. All other OT is 1,5 times the usual pay. I've actually managed all this OT without working weekends. I don't do Saturday/Sunday work anymore. I've refused that for the last 3 years. I'm not going to take monetary compensation. After I've done all the OT, I'll have 6 days I can take off of work. I'd usually take the money, but I'll take the days off during this Christmas break instead of working.

I also managed to negotiate a 2% increase in salary. (lol!)

• Like 2

Sometimes I wish I was hourly or lived in California as our salaried employees there still get overtime

We live in Calif. and I can say that isn't what I'd call the norm. :lol:

Thanks, now you guys won't have to read about me not having work for a few months! Instead, I'll be complaining about having to go to work.  :aiee:

Grass is always greener! :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sometimes I wish I was hourly or lived in California as our salaried employees there still get overtime

Mmh, in theory salaried employees should get overtime (as in extra money) here, some do, I've never gotten it. Last place switched to a "controlled flexitime" right before I left, meaning tons of extra days off at the hours they kept...

Almost finished packing my stuff I'll be taking to college with me. I have about three semesters left before I graduate and I'm only living on campus now because I got a student position job in the school's IT department. 

Today I tried to get some advice about a specific dumbbell exercise and received a painful reminder why I buy weight lifting equipment myself and solely work out at home and (usually) keep at least a 1 kilometer safety distance between me and gyms plus people that lift weights.

99.5% of body builders and weight lifters are extremely rude stereotypically short tempered know-it-all hyper-macho roidheads who have a kettle-bell rolling around in their skull instead of a normal functioning human brain. 

Trying to have a civilized conversation with them or simply having them around is such an extremely unpleasant experience.... :getlost:

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

99.5% of body builders and weight lifters are extremely rude stereotypically short tempered know-it-all hyper-macho roidheads who have a kettle-bell rolling around in their skull instead of a normal functioning human brain. 

Trying to have a civilized conversation with them or simply having them around is such an extremely unpleasant experience.... :getlost:

It must be something where you live, the weight lifters at my local gym were in my experience friendly and helpful.

It must be something where you live, the weight lifters at my local gym were in my experience friendly and helpful.

They're probably just envious of Woldan's non-steroidal physique--no waterface to be found on him!

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Yes, I'm probably having bad luck with people (as usual) but now I can see where those believing in weight lifter stereotypes are coming from.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Heh, one of the things I've noticed over the years is that if you have an old gym with more of the "classical" style of free weights, that tend to be a little grubby and worn, you tend to have guys who are more friendly and willing to offer advice or help spot you. But the more modern and trendier the gym, with the latest gear and electronics up the wazoo, tends to have some incredible asshats working out who get together in groups and lock up all the weights because "we'll be using them in a minute", spend half their time chatting with each other, talking on their phones and posing in the mirrors.

On other matters, waiting to get that copy of WIndows 7 so I can grab bits and pieces and hopefully have a working pc by the end of the week. Having had a few discussions with people about why I'm not buying a copy "cheap" from ebay or various other retailers selling them for half-price via Amazon or the like. The amount of reviews and people talking about getting suckered by dodgy copies, copies that turned out to be business licenses and then 6 months down the road when they get grief from Microsoft over it the original supplier no longer exists...   I'm like "Okay, yes it is half the price of a 'proper' copy. But I don't want to have to deal with the odds of getting a crappy copy. I'm using a 100% legit source rather then risking it."

There's looking around to find the best source, and then there's just trying to be a total Dell-boy on the matter.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a great day with a very old mate of mine. I've been doing vocals on his album (very much a creative indulgence on his part).

Talking round the houses and sharing stories. Dead fellahs and money, and flash floods.

We finish the umpteenth bottle and he turns to me on his way to bed: "Why DOES Michael Bay get to keep making movies?"

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what something something.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

youwin.jpg

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

So, new boss loves me, so I'm going to be gettin a promotion, possibly a double. And there's a raise coming in general.

Also going on ADD meds for the first time in... a decade or more... this is gonna be interestin.

• Like 3

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.